Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Blergh
Imp
4 | 0
Mirtazapin wrote:Hey, is there a more comfortable way to level up to 120 than dying through cows or torajan jungles? Sadly i build all my midgame rw for physical resist in pre-moed bases, so all of them need 118-120. I thought reaching 120 would be like the last median^^

join cow runs and leech
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
JSTM wrote:"Cryo Beam
Fires an energy ray that freezes enemies in their tracks

1% Chance to Atomize Target per 10 Base Energy
(Damage: 25000)"

Is this still true, even for the Cryo beam proc on Arrow/Bolt Quivers (8% Ctc lvl 40 Cryo Beam on Striking)?

lol no. an endgame char with all sigs in energy would make that 100% chance to do 25k per hit. there used to be some weird bug with it.
Marto
Prowler
15 | 1
Just found a Gjallarhorn, wondering what to toss into it for MO? Also as to the above about cryo beam, still decent to use or no?
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
This is my first time playing median xl, just trying to avert a problem but I might be too far gone already.

Im 47 (just), but only just past shenk. Do I need to get to baal and kill the last wave, as well as getting to the priestesses, before I hit level 50? That seems like a tall order at this point :(

If I hit 50 before I get there am I just screwed, have to reroll the character or miss out on that buff?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems like I can now do it any time before 60 accordign to the current documentation??
Mirtazapin
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Xunametra wrote:This is my first time playing median xl, just trying to avert a problem but I might be too far gone already.

Im 47 (just), but only just past shenk. Do I need to get to baal and kill the last wave, as well as getting to the priestesses, before I hit level 50? That seems like a tall order at this point :(

If I hit 50 before I get there am I just screwed, have to reroll the character or miss out on that buff?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems like I can now do it any time before 60 accordign to the current documentation??

yep after 59 you have to pay arcane crystals
iceinmyveins
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
wolf stance or lion stance for a throw barb?
bronk1
Prowler
18 | 0
on a summon barb would it be better to put points into protector spirit or leave protector at lvl1 to upgrade nephalem spirit for more damage?
JSTM
Sasquatch
62 | 3
Crash wrote:
JSTM wrote:"Cryo Beam
Fires an energy ray that freezes enemies in their tracks

1% Chance to Atomize Target per 10 Base Energy
(Damage: 25000)
"

Is this still true, even for the Cryo beam proc on Arrow/Bolt Quivers (8% Ctc lvl 40 Cryo Beam on Striking)?

lol no. an endgame char with all sigs in energy would make that 100% chance to do 25k per hit. there used to be some weird bug with it.

What do you mean by "lol no."? Maybe I quoted that a bit weird when I took that info from an MXL wiki.

I'm thinking about a crossbow/totem Necromancer hybrid build with maxed energy for totems/Cryo Beam procs.

It doesn't feel like it's hitting for 25k.. although that might not be much considering the monsters health.
Edited by JSTM 5 years.
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Not sure if this thread is the right place for trade questions, but I just want some beginner info on trading here. I've never used a trade site like this one before.

1. If I don't have any trade gold to start with, what are my options for starting to acquire it? Do most people just donate to get started? Can I just make trade threads asking for trade gold? It seems like auctions are only set up to sell big ticket items, with the 10tg listing price?

Let's say, for example, I want a low level TU like a Dies Metus for a sumodin, for example. If you were a beginner with no trade gold, how would you go about finding one?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
you just make the TU... cube recipes allow you to create non-sacred uniques.

10tg is not a big ticket item. its $1 donation. you can sell items in game for tg or donate to get started