Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
jiallombardo
Prowler
17 | 0
One more question. I've been going through nightmare just fine, until Durance of Hate, where I encountered a monster named Cruciator. His attack is animated similar to Nihlathak's corpse explosion in vanilla, and it rips me apart, even though I have high defense and 75+ on all resistances; they don't have a very high chance to hit (< 10%), but they deal huge damage and somehow seem to hit a lot. Am I missing some kind of resistance? How to deal with those enemies efficiently?
Impulse_
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Guys, question about magic absorb in example.

I Have 75 res and 10% absorb.
1. Someone hit me with 1000 damage strike.
2. 75 resist will took apart 750 of 1000 incoming damage.
3. Absorb will eat 10% of remaining 250 (25), so i'll get 225 damage.
4. 25 damage will be restored, so 200 incoming damage in sum.

Am i right as for Sigma?
lemonnation
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
where is bremmtown in act 5? I can't find it
wootmcgyver
Prowler
18 | 0
jiallombardo wrote:How to know whether a skill is affected by "+X to Y spell damage" modifier? For example, Bladestorm (sorceress melee skill) appears to be unaffected by that, as well as moonstrike. Does that whole branch work like that, or are there exceptions?

Also, does crushing blow / death strike work with Bladestorm? It appears that "on melee strike" procs do work when attacking with bladestorm, but I'm not sure I ever saw CB / DS work...

There are spells, there are summons, and there are wdm (weapon damage modifier) abilities. Weapon damage modifer abilities (anything that causes an attack animation, and will say something on the tooltip like, '85% of weapon damage converted into X') are directly affected by your weapon damage. They don't double dip into spell power. They do, however, benefit from elemental pierce. Stormblast, an ax ability for barbarians, actually has pierce built into it.

Blade storm and moonstrike both have weapon damage modifiers.
Edited by wootmcgyver 5 years.
wootmcgyver
Prowler
18 | 0
lemonnation wrote:where is bremmtown in act 5? I can't find it

You need to kill the 5 elementals directly behind Kabraxis and cube the great gems they drop with the charm 'the black road.' After that you need to cube it with any rune to generate a portal scroll. The charm is permanent, but the scrolls are 1-time-use.
Edited by wootmcgyver 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
jiallombardo wrote:One more question. I've been going through nightmare just fine, until Durance of Hate, where I encountered a monster named Cruciator. His attack is animated similar to Nihlathak's corpse explosion in vanilla, and it rips me apart, even though I have high defense and 75+ on all resistances; they don't have a very high chance to hit (< 10%), but they deal huge damage and somehow seem to hit a lot. Am I missing some kind of resistance? How to deal with those enemies efficiently?

get more % p hysical resist
Baryta
Destroyer
6 | 0
Really short question here: Has anyone had issues with the "Give your merc a potion" hotkey? shift + Potion does nothing no matter what health the merc is or which potion/slot I'm trying to use. If so, any potential fixes out there? Would prefer my merc to die a little less.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, couldn't find anything on the forums
jueston
Fallen
1 | 0
in throne of destruction in hell i can't enter portal to worldstone chamber. the portal is for eve of destruction dungeon instead.

what am i doing wrong?
lastxresort
Prowler
18 | 1
Do SU's or Sets make a sound when they drop? Is it possible to always show drops?
Thanks
Sharkattactical
Rust Claw
88 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
jueston wrote:in throne of destruction in hell i can't enter portal to worldstone chamber. the portal is for eve of destruction dungeon instead.

what am i doing wrong?

You're on the right track, check this out:
"Level Challenge"
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/challenges