Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Istaryu wrote:Maelstrom is bad for labs. Damage is extremely reliant on 2 things: dex and doom. If you go all in for dex, your life pool will be garbage and you will be 1shot, and enemies are curse immune after a tier. Also there is the reduced avoid. I have done some t11+ labs, but my build was extremely expensive (triple bless crafts, full umos everywhere, etc) and it was still slow and painful.

Heh. I'm playing ssf...I guess that's it then.
Opgedronken
Monkey King
274 | 8
Helzopro wrote:
Opgedronken wrote:At what point do you think magic find becomes counter productive?
I'm at about 450 now and I find more relics than sacred superior eth items.

well thats good because MF doesnt affect either of those types of items dropping :coolstorybob:

What I mean is ofcourse that I find so little sacred superior eth items because of the mf that I even find more relics.
MF affects the drop rate of sacred superior because it rolls them as magic or better.
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I am trying to craft a sacred reflex bow. I've seen some people with bows north of +300 max damage but I've rolled a considerable amount onto this bow and I can't even crack +200 max damage. How are people making these bows? I've been crafting with weird shrines if that makes a difference.
Berkabus1
Grubber
331 | 20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
GoochMcNuts wrote:I am trying to craft a sacred reflex bow. I've seen some people with bows north of +300 max damage but I've rolled a considerable amount onto this bow and I can't even crack +200 max damage. How are people making these bows? I've been crafting with weird shrines if that makes a difference.

Shrine bless after you reach maximum amount.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Opgedronken wrote:MF affects the drop rate of sacred superior because it rolls them as magic or better.

Uh, what? Superior item is normal rarity, magic find literally reduces your chances to find them because they will have higher chance to roll magic or higher.
riddyl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
GoochMcNuts wrote:I am trying to craft a sacred reflex bow. I've seen some people with bows north of +300 max damage but I've rolled a considerable amount onto this bow and I can't even crack +200 max damage. How are people making these bows? I've been crafting with weird shrines if that makes a difference.

Shrine bless won't add max damage.

Its really hard to get a roll with 160%+ed and 250+ max damage (Wulf's guide puts it at 300 rolls). You then Lucky, MO up to 196%ed, and then MO max damage.
Edited by riddyl 3 years.
Diaco
Void Archon
885 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
nemmate wrote:
Diaco wrote:
nemmate wrote:Thank you. I continue farming, I hope that I find Elder Law ASAP.

Honestly, you are better off with archon's wrath or instinctXis and a good shield

I play in SP-offline. Archon's is a very good weapon. I would like to play with Elder's before I can get a Xis rune, and I like to test differents items.

Elder law has three problems:
1) max fps you can reach with full IAS MOs and 6 15% IAS jewels is 6, while you can reach 5/4 with archon's and 5 with an instinctXis
2) without a shield your defense will drop quite a lot and you'll need it pretty badly for farming Dunc and Fauzt.
3) you need to get lucky for it to drop in SP, while you can craft archon and instinctXis. Archon is so cheap to make you can just reroll it until you get a perfect one
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:
Opgedronken wrote:MF affects the drop rate of sacred superior because it rolls them as magic or better.

Uh, what? Superior item is normal rarity, magic find literally reduces your chances to find them because they will have higher chance to roll magic or higher.

That's exactly what he was saying.
bobmanone
Fallen
1 | 0
What class is best for farming Isle of the Sunless sea? I an having a hell of a time (so many deaths). I have done it with SSF bowadin (this was the best so far, but I don't love the playstyle), TLDR 2hand barb, and a holy paladin. But they are all extremely painful to clear with (gotta love invisible mobs). What class/spec would you recommend to efficiently farm this? Assuming I am lvl 105-110 following a generic build/item guide from the guide section.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Any summoner is great in there. I had zero issues with my hawk necromancer. Point to note here is that having more than 75% cold resistance helps since literally every enemy deals some form of cold damage.
Edited by Johnny Impak 3 years.