Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
xeimaster08
Bone Archer
78 | 0
LHawkins1 wrote:
xeimaster08 wrote:What's the use of "book" that branchean drops?

It's not used for anything. Pretty sure it's just dropped to hint that Brachyceran's crystal drops are used in the Laz charm upgrade (Book... Glorious Book of Median.. etc)

I see thanks!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This book is kinda saying you "read the docs"
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
LHawkins1 wrote:
xeimaster08 wrote:What's the use of "book" that branchean drops?

It's not used for anything. Pretty sure it's just dropped to hint that Brachyceran's crystal drops are used in the Laz charm upgrade (Book... Glorious Book of Median.. etc)

There is a secret use for it, not listed in the docs. You should know this you write guides Kappa
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:What exactly happens to a character's overall damage output once minimum damage exceeds maximum damage?

I'm not sure what you're asking. How could a minimum damage exceed the maximum? The only thing I could figure is +minimum damage affixes on items

Could you give a better, specific example, like using x item with x spec/char, etc?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
LHawkins1 wrote:
Solfege wrote:What exactly happens to a character's overall damage output once minimum damage exceeds maximum damage?

I'm not sure what you're asking. How could a minimum damage exceed the maximum? The only thing I could figure is +minimum damage affixes on items

Could you give a better, specific example, like using x item with x spec/char, etc?

Sure.

► Show Spoiler
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:

Sure.

► Show Spoiler

I have no idea, in that case. If it resets itself upon saving/exiting/rejoining, perhaps its a display error from some buff she had the previous game that somehow retained its value, visually, and just resets back to the proper value upon re-equipping. I know people have said before that there's some thing with mercenaries having some bugs (I believe its mentioned in the docs as well under the Hirelings page?) that they can be bugged upon reviving or entering new games. There's my useless two cents :D
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
I'm pretty I was the one talking about it ( or other people responding to similar questions I had ). Afaik, if your minimum damage stat is 1 less than your max then every point put into minimum damage would also act like max damage. Another way of seeing it is that min dmg turns into simple flat dmg to your weapon. Now this i'm not sure what happens when you also add max damage while you're "exceeding max damage". I believe it's like for example, I have a weapon with 100-200 dmg. A modifier adds 199 min dmg. So my weapon now becomes 299-300 dmg. If I also add 100 max dmg then nothing will happen. Ofc i've never tested any of this. Also, min dmg is kinda rare enough that this really won't matter.
wizinjsh
Invader
8 | 0
Finally got in to forums through EDGE no Chrome.

Any suggestions for Toraja farming? Any way to make edryems more powerful with Unholy paladin?

I have about 40% DR, Natasha legacy armor (no good usable SSU, SSSU). I think i could clear the level in 3 hours slowly.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
wizinjsh wrote:Finally got in to forums through EDGE no Chrome.

Any suggestions for Toraja farming? Any way to make edryems more powerful with Unholy paladin?

I have about 40% DR, Natasha legacy armor (no good usable SSU, SSSU). I think i could clear the level in 3 hours slowly.

If you have the Black Road Challenge skill unlocked, max that and use Hoplites, buffed with Tainted Blood. They have high avoid, along with the Blessed Life passive making them immune to physical damage. Buffing them with Tainted Blood will allow them to tank Lilith's poison attack (I believe it's Symphony of Destruction? -- irrelevant, they won't die.)

Keep your TB'd Hoplites summoned (they shouldn't die), and Edyrem/Divine Apparation on a hotkey. You'll have to do a lot of teleporting to collect all of your Edyrem/Hoplites on top of you. Just namelock and jump onto the archers/Morlu's as they come. Ideally, the hoplites will tank most of the incoming attacks, allowing your Edyrem to last a bit longer to drop the Toraja shields on the enemies.

Do your best to avoid large packs. Try to lure out a few at a time to an emptier area and manage the crowds this way.
wizinjsh
Invader
8 | 0
Angel star 6
Blackguard helm 6
Klaatu amu
1 skil, 20 spell ring
1 skill, -23 EFR ring
Kali 6 Gaunlets
Craft belt +1PALA, +30 Fire (MO), +12spell/phys, +19%VIT, +12VIT
T1 Boot, 30% Spell/Phys, Damage by 60, some rests, some magic find
Horardic shield 6 with ring of light