Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Hej_Jude
Invader
9 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
godoffails wrote:
Hej_Jude wrote:Hello. i'm a newbie here, and was wondering about this Shamanka everyone is talking about. What is the benefit's for having one? I managed to find one, but i cant see any improvement for my fire sorc. Thanks for help....

Shamanka is used on switched weapon for prebuffing oskill bloodlust.
Use some current "Nih" runes in it for increase the buff duration.

So the buff will be there even if i switch back my weapon???
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
Hej_Jude wrote:So the buff will be there even if i switch back my weapon???

Sure it has a duration and that's how to use it (-:

Will boost your damage, don't forgot to recast it often.
Hej_Jude
Invader
9 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
godoffails wrote:
Hej_Jude wrote:So the buff will be there even if i switch back my weapon???

Sure it has a duration and that's how to use it (-:

Will boost your damage, don't forgot to recast it often.

Okay, thanx a bunch.....
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Mark of wild is nice too to increase damage
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
186 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Siosilvar wrote:Windform + Snake Stance works just fine for single target, and a crafted Crystal Sword with AoE Attack gives it reasonable crowd clearing later. The issue with running throwing axe + sword and using Stampede is that Stampede does nothing unless the axe is glove side, and then your sword is reduced to a stat stick, when what you really want is the other way around both for weapon range adder and for just general better stats. Works alright for leveling though.

IIRC Gladiator's Dominance works for windform/snake stance, 1pt is all you need, and it's the best choice late game anyway because block.

Also worth noting that your single-target Windform + Snake Stance (but not any WDM procs) will benefit from % poison spell damage because of the direct melee attack bug.

Awesome!
To clarify, Gladiator's Dominance will give me increasing returns on poison damage per base level of the primary skills, whilst also increasing it's duration?
The melee bug means that Windform will not only scale with pierce and base damage from skill/snakestance/amatoxin, but also with spell damage, and be applied at 150% due to the Wdm mod of Windform.

It's possible to play windform barb as AoE since you can apply AoE with base crystal sword attack through windform. Are poisons applied like this also subject to the melee bug or not?
EDIT: This is not the case, AoE is a mod that casts a 100% wdm nova on attack with 100% chance. This means that poison will be applied to all enemies in the aoe only considering pierce, not spell damage etc, since the nova is not an attack.

I'm like 95% of the way through Nightmare, so I'll probably finish and respec in hell to give it a try. Thanks a lot!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
CorralTheTroops wrote:Awesome!
To clarify, Gladiator's Dominance will give me increasing returns on poison damage per base level of the primary skills, whilst also increasing it's duration?
The melee bug means that Windform will not only scale with pierce and base damage from skill/snakestance/amatoxin, but also with spell damage, and be applied at 150% due to the Wdm mod of Windform.

It's possible to play windform barb as AoE since you can apply AoE with base crystal sword attack through windform. Are poisons applied like this also subject to the melee bug or not?
EDIT: This is not the case, AoE is a mod that casts a 100% wdm nova on attack with 100% chance. This means that poison will be applied to all enemies in the aoe only considering pierce, not spell damage etc, since the nova is not an attack.

I'm like 95% of the way through Nightmare, so I'll probably finish and respec in hell to give it a try. Thanks a lot!

Gladiator's Dominance will give duration to Windform & Snake Stance but no extra damage - that's extra magic damage on the throwing skills only.

Otherwise correct, yes. The 150% direct hit scales with spell damage, the 100% AoE Attack does not.
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
Gladiator's dominance also adds duration to snakebite.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
186 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
godoffails wrote:Gladiator's dominance also adds duration to snakebite.

Does someone have damage numbers on Smaxxed Whirlwind + Snake Stance vs Smaxxed Snake Bite + Gladiator's Dominance, not including the spell damage?
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
CorralTheTroops wrote:

Does someone have damage numbers on Smaxxed Whirlwind + Snake Stance vs Smaxxed Snake Bite + Gladiator's Dominance, not including the spell damage?

I've tested once until lvl100, looks like Whirlwind and Snake Stance (without self-synergy) have a linear evolution when max duration archieved.

Snake bite has like 5times higher dmg/second obviously and benefits massively of "bonus to poison skill duration" from NEF runes.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
186 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
godoffails wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:

I've tested once until lvl100, looks like Whirlwind and Snake Stance (without self-synergy) have a linear evolution when max duration archieved.

Snake bite has like 5times higher dmg/second obviously and benefits massively of "bonus to poison skill duration" from NEF runes.

Sounds like Whirlwind is too weak compared to Snake Bite, cause it's definitely gonna be hard to achieve 500% spell damage. It's probably easier to just stack -enemy poison resistance and build a classic throwbarb maxxing Snake and stampede, and using Snake Bite as single target.