Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
Celestialray wrote:I have a question about askarbydd. I recently got one as drop, but it only has +1 to rapid wyrmshot. It only attacks 2 targets. Does the number of targets increase for each point in rapid wyrmshot or is it capped at 2 targets?

I have never had an askarbydd, but im fairly sure that rapid wyrmshot has the same numbers (target and seek range) as your regular wyrmshot.

as far as I know, Rapid Wyrmshot pulls the seek range synergy from Trinity Arrow, as normal, but always remains 2 targets at the benefit of attacking way faster.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Crash wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Celestialray wrote:I have a question about askarbydd. I recently got one as drop, but it only has +1 to rapid wyrmshot. It only attacks 2 targets. Does the number of targets increase for each point in rapid wyrmshot or is it capped at 2 targets?

I have never had an askarbydd, but im fairly sure that rapid wyrmshot has the same numbers (target and seek range) as your regular wyrmshot.

as far as I know, Rapid Wyrmshot pulls the seek range synergy from Trinity Arrow, as normal, but always remains 2 targets at the benefit of attacking way faster.

Wiki puts it at 2 targets as well. It's pretty disappointing to be honest. It is in a weird place. I guess it's decent against certain bosses and against very small packs of monsters, but I don't see it being better than regular wyrmshot at farming. Oh well, I leveled a bowazon just to try it out.

Same shit with homing nova shot, I expected it to have full number of arrows from nova shot, instead I get a handicapped storm crow version that's also full fire damage. It's not the worst single target ever, but if you fight bosses that have adds, it's not usable at all (xazax is a very good impossible example).

Who the heck comes with those lol.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Homing Nova Shot is massively superior to Nova Shot with the exception of like two bosses where targeting is an issue.

Rapid Wyrmshot was never meant for farming. It's a fast attacking long range skill for bowzon to utilize the same playstyle as its main farming method. It's a very strong bow to use Wyrmshot (big physical damage) with access to a decent boss skill with no extra investment.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Hi.
1. Does block penalty(1/3) applied if Run hotkey pressed ...
a. but not moving anywhere?
b. and attacking static target like k3k totem?
c. and attacking mobile target like belial? It seem like we can't attack and move at the same time so I assume it just the same as point b
2. Does sin Doom magic pierce affect coup-de-grace and other spell that dealt only magic damage? The tooltip sounds vague to me. On patch 1.0 the line "Only benefit blabla" are before the phys damage bonus line iirc.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Crash wrote:Homing Nova Shot is massively superior to Nova Shot with the exception of like two bosses where targeting is an issue.

Rapid Wyrmshot was never meant for farming. It's a fast attacking long range skill for bowzon to utilize the same playstyle as its main farming method. It's a very strong bow to use Wyrmshot (big physical damage) with access to a decent boss skill with no extra investment.

Yes, homing nova shot is better, but rapid wyrmshot is a joke. No one asked for more single target damage (probably) on amazon. Try to kill the crystal ball with rapid wyrmshot and tell me how it goes. At least homing nova shot goes in all directions, so a few projectiles may hit the intended target. Rapid wyrmshot? Locks on 2 targets and doesn't attack anything else until those targets are dead. What a noob trap..
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Celestialray wrote:
Crash wrote:Homing Nova Shot is massively superior to Nova Shot with the exception of like two bosses where targeting is an issue.

Yes, homing nova shot is better, but rapid wyrmshot is a joke. No one asked for more single target damage (probably) on amazon. Try to kill the crystal ball with rapid wyrmshot and tell me how it goes. At least homing nova shot goes in all directions, so a few projectiles may hit the intended target. Rapid wyrmshot? Locks on 2 targets and doesn't attack anything else until those targets are dead. What a noob trap..

phalanx :thumb:
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
nofurylion wrote:Hi.
1. Does block penalty(1/3) applied if Run hotkey pressed ...
a. but not moving anywhere?
b. and attacking static target like k3k totem?
c. and attacking mobile target like belial? It seem like we can't attack and move at the same time so I assume it just the same as point b
2. Does sin Doom magic pierce affect coup-de-grace and other spell that dealt only magic damage? The tooltip sounds vague to me. On patch 1.0 the line "Only benefit blabla" are before the phys damage bonus line iirc.

a. If you are standing still, you will NOT get block penalty
b. No block penalty applied here either.
c. While you're moving, you get penalized. While attacking or casting, no penalty.

2. Doom Magic pierce affects everything that deals magic damage, even if its not fully magic or wdm, as it lowers the magic resistance of the monster.

EDIT: Misread first questions, fixed.
Crowned
Lava Lord
98 | 2
Crash wrote:Max Nova Shot. that's your single target/boss killing, and then if you end up getting
Savage Hunter
, it synergizes for bonus fire damage to the oskill and you'll see your boss speed ramp up.

Use Mana Regen MO's on ring and amulet for this too probably, but generally you'll want %life and mana stolen per hit (life and mana leech for short) for farming and such. nova shot doesn't leech because its 100% conversion to fire (this is where the mana regen helps)

check your resistances to make sure they're capped, and start looking for physical resist items and speed stuff like
Natha
Natha
Druid Helms

'GulEl'
Runeword Level: 65
4% Chance to cast level 2 Arrow on Striking
20% Attack Speed
50% Hit Recovery
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(58 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+5 to all Attributes
Physical Resist 10%
and
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
. The jewels aren't a big deal yet for early equip, but you'll wantr to craft some nice ones as you begin to progress further.

I've taken your words as guideline and progressed a bit further, even managed to do my first 105 Dungeons! So thank you.
► Show Spoiler
Here's my new stats.

I am at Duriel now and Boss-DPS still is very tedious with Laughing Ghost or Maxed Nova Shot. The latter one has mana issues, but I manage to shoot 2 nova shots every other second when I am out of mana - HOWEVER Damage is so low against Bosses here. I am standing inside them, risking being killed of easily and I am being rewarded with a millimeter of Duriels Healthbar every 4 seconds or so.
EDIT: Managed to kill him by using RUN and kite, spamming Nova Shot whenever Idol of S... ran out - still took me around 2-3 minutes to do so. :F

Is there anything I can do to increase single target dps with nova shot especially? My chance to hit him is 84%, does Nova Shot scale better with Crushing Blow, or Enhanced Damage, or even % Fire %-Fire Res?
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Seekers wrote:1.
a. If you are standing still, you will NOT get block penalty
b. No block penalty applied here either.
c. While you're moving, you get penalized. While attacking or casting, no penalty.

2. Doom Magic pierce affects everything that deals magic damage, even if its not fully magic or wdm, as it lowers the magic resistance of the monster.

EDIT: Misread first questions, fixed.

Thanks a lot for the clarification :)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crowned wrote:Is there anything I can do to increase single target dps with nova shot especially? My chance to hit him is 84%, does Nova Shot scale better with Crushing Blow, or Enhanced Damage, or even % Fire %-Fire Res?

its 100% conversion to fire, so every bit of fire pierce up to -170 against hell bosses ramps your damage up big. you'll defnitely want fire pierce.

secondary is just stacking physical damage because that converts into fire. %ewd, %ed, actual bow's physical damage output, deadly strike