Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jampula wrote:Ok, so no to that helm. And Assault Helmets Flash is pretty much in the same category.

Your plan sounds good but Windform is sword-only. I made two Flamberges to freeze stuff and it has been a breeze (get it?), just killed Diablo in seconds. Really have high hopes for ubering, farming is a big no obviously but I have other chars for that. I'm propably the only one who hates the new stance-system but I manage.

Edit: Didn't notice the off-hand sword for some reason. Scratch that.

Btw flash is surprisingly good but there's not many options to build around lightning based procs.

You're using any random sword as off-hand to enable using of whirlwind, mainhand weapon that will strike enemies can be ANY other 1-hander.

PS: Whirlwind breakpoints is very simple opposite to what you told :) You simply get WSM of weapon and minus IAS number on weapon itselfto get new "effective WSM". Breakpoints there come in hitchecks between given number of frames while whirling. For 1-handers (AND 2-h swords! They're counted as 1-handed weapons no matter if you hold them with one or both hands) it's: 15, 10, -10, -34 for 12,10,8,6,4 frames
Example: You have TU1 War hammer with 10 WSM and 30 IAS on it. To get your attack speed you will do 10-30=-20, so you got pre-last breakpoint which means you will hit random target every 6 frames while whirling (read as 6 fpa) To achieve 4 fpa you need to add 14 more IAS on weapon itself. If you using dualwield - then better get max fpa on both weapons so you will hit 2 targets at once with 4 fpa. If they're have different breakpoints - hitcheck/attack speed will alter from one weapon to another each time your attack miss (it's not mean that you will also hit with another weapon - only attack speed will change).

Diaco wrote:
Ruubel wrote:is mana leech issue with WW?

Not in the late game. But honestly, that's the only moment you'd be able to use the build since you need lvl100 to equip the gear, and also many stat points to reach vizjerey's insane dex requirement + still have enough left for a decent energy synergy

Me leveled to 100 from zero... countering mana leech is incredibly easy, even single mana on attack orb will cover whole thing.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Scalewinged wrote:Me leveled to 100 from zero... countering mana leech is incredibly easy, even single mana on attack orb will cover whole thing.

How I forgot that MO... goodbuy sapphires.

But that speed-breakpointing I'm not so sure of.
Have you actually tested that it's as you say?

No offence or anything. Soon got my baldy to 100's to test stuff.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I know -34 wIAS is the fastest breakpoint for swords (both 1h and 2h). Not sure if information for other weapon types is available.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jampula wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Me leveled to 100 from zero... countering mana leech is incredibly easy, even single mana on attack orb will cover whole thing.

Ye i read it from d2 wiki and ofc tested aswell Seems like there's huuuuuge difference between 0 and 50 IAS but nothing if you get more.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Scalewinged wrote:
Jampula wrote:

Ye i read it from d2 wiki and ofc tested aswell Seems like there's huuuuuge difference between 0 and 50 IAS but nothing if you get more.

This is also pretty easy to test buffing with thundergod and watching the trail of stunned enemies to see how many times it's hitting. Definitely not 9fpa. Also, way more procs than when I tested Vizjerey with a superbeast paladin (5fpa).
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:
Jampula wrote:

This is also pretty easy to test buffing with thundergod and watching the trail of stunned enemies to see how many times it's hitting. Definitely not 9fpa. Also, way more procs than when I tested Vizjerey with a superbeast paladin (5fpa).

Agreed. That's great proc machine.. even 5% Glacial nova on TU Heavy Gloves proc like mad. Esp in hordes
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Hy, one question about trap assassin. Does spell damage count for the trap damages or not? I know that pierce items doesn't (just some SU's), but what about spell damage /energy/spell focus? Thx
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
nemmate wrote:Hy, one question about trap assassin. Does spell damage count for the trap damages or not? I know that pierce items doesn't (just some SU's), but what about spell damage /energy/spell focus? Thx

Only spell dmg works on traps.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
644 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think, I am not the only one , to whom this "speed calculation " is a bit of mystery. At the "TOOLS" section is that "speed calculator". Fine . Lets take druid at wereberar morph. after weapn type part, it has "Attack speed" and "weapon attack speed " boxes, for correct BP I have to fill these. But I do not know whats the diffrence between these two boxes and what to type there. Do I have to look at orginal numbers (lessay
Scosglen's Myths
Scosglen's Myths
Large Axe (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (208 - 245) to (313 - 351)
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 408
Item Level: 1
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
2% Chance to cast level 20 Bolt on Striking
50% Attack Speed
Adds 50-150 Damage
(201 to 250)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+(144 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
(6 to 10)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+1000 Defense
50% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)

Last King of Scosglen
(Druid Werebear Set)
has 50 IAS there ) or do I have to take intoi account jewels and shit there at the weapon too ?

Ok, according to d2stats, my overall attack speed is 450 IAS (200 for morph), and axe is 50 (without jewels, etc) . So for 4 fpa I need +149 IAS ON the weapon and for 3 - +206. Can only happen via jewels and MO. Ok . Oh now I get it , what does it mean at the morphs description : "increased attack speed" stat in your weapons itself becomes extremely effective.

with 50 ias at the weapon 3 and 4 fpa is unrealistiv, but 5 fpa 50+ 108 ias easely achievable: 6x15 from jewels +3x6 from MO
Edited by Ruubel 3 years.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Wep ias is total it has mo soc or whatever, general ias u can get from d2 stats.