Your opinion on auto corpse recovery?

Discuss Median XL!
mxlcurious2
Prowler
19 | 0
UncleGrimjerk wrote:But when you quit and rejoined your tp's went with you.

Which is why you play in a GROUP. ^^
mxlcurious2
Prowler
19 | 0
void wrote:
Solfege wrote:Hmm... Well maybe I'm not understanding what's meant by "playing properly." (Void, explain pls :) )

having an incentive not to die

I don't think thats a problem, no one wants to anyway, have to rebuff, recast summons, etc etc, is already frustrating enough I think XD, I am already playing as cautious as I can short of playing a HC character, and sweating while I play.
eet
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How about making the trophy drop more often if one manages to do the uber deathless (say 1 in 4 chance :) Dunno if possible with the engine though.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
After fiddling around with TP spamming to make sure I can properly advance with as little backtracking as possible, the corpse recovery at this point isn't what is broken. The TPs themselves are just way too good. When MXL incorperates a TP system similar to Diablo 3, then corpse recovery will be fair.

Without a doubt, somebody will find a way to cheese the system so they can get an advantage to acquiring their stuff, whether it be beginners to help them get their charms or just veterans to help speed up the process instead of spending time to acquiring the gear to kill the ubers at an accelerated rate. It doesn't bug me the least bit how people want to get their shit if in groups or solo, cheese or not - doesn't ruin my experience of how I want to enjoy the game.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
I like auto body recovery. Whenever I die, I just exit and rejoin my game. That is a nice time saver.

On SP for example, if I die in Duncraig, I can just expect to start all over because it is close to impossible 99% of the time to recover my body.
Revelations
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
mxlcurious2 wrote:

Implying everyone that plays only plays in groups...
mxlcurious2
Prowler
19 | 0
Revelations wrote:
mxlcurious2 wrote:

If you solo you are a loser... by definition XD jk, no but seriously, this game was meant to be played as a group, because that is what is fun, and that is where more stuff drops.
Snakieee
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
mxlcurious2 wrote:
Revelations wrote:
mxlcurious2 wrote:

If you solo you are a loser... by definition XD jk, no but seriously, this game was meant to be played as a group, because that is what is fun, and that is where more stuff drops.

If the game was meant to be played as a group there wouldnt be single player. Beside I myself tend to play alone or with close friends due to the fact i cant stand most people and hate trying to commuicate through text. Also it inherently puts less stress on the servers from people joining, leaving and rejoining. I support it.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
gold & experience loss?
mxlcurious2
Prowler
19 | 0
Snakieee wrote:
mxlcurious2 wrote:
Revelations wrote:
mxlcurious2 wrote:

If the game was meant to be played as a group there wouldnt be single player. Beside I myself tend to play alone or with close friends due to the fact i cant stand most people and hate trying to commuicate through text. Also it inherently puts less stress on the servers from people joining, leaving and rejoining. I support it.

They went through all this trouble to make multiplayer, and servers, and increased loot drops, and you go and play solo ._. It's all about the group up, and fight evil boyo ^-^ No one ever played DND alone.