Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Kwarck wrote:Hey as some feedback, I think the choice to reduce SU/set drop rates on single player was a bad idea. I like to kick back and play some median when I have time, and playing casually on single player I'm almost never going to progress a build very far into endgame with the current drop rates. They are fine for multiplayer (i assume, i can't play without significant lag due to where i live) because trading is a thing and that's great.

Thanks for a hard work on the mod, just my 2c as a player thats played on and off since 2012.

I actually LOVE the fact that the SU and Set drop rates on single player were lowered. Unlike the the Sin Wars, there are no seasonal resets, allowing you to play at your own pace for as long as you choose. Lets say the drop rates were higher, and you eventually found all your endgame gear... What fun would be had with that character after you've collected all charms? Sure you can farm for perfect ones, but there's no elusive "legendary" item to keep you going. The joy of finding that big ticket item is just not there when it is a common drop. By lowering the drop rate, the mod feels more challenging, more rewarding, and stretches out the length of the game.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
AzureGladiator wrote:
Kwarck wrote:Hey as some feedback, I think the choice to reduce SU/set drop rates on single player was a bad idea. I like to kick back and play some median when I have time, and playing casually on single player I'm almost never going to progress a build very far into endgame with the current drop rates. They are fine for multiplayer (i assume, i can't play without significant lag due to where i live) because trading is a thing and that's great.
Thanks for a hard work on the mod, just my 2c as a player thats played on and off since 2012.

I actually LOVE the fact that the SU and Set drop rates on single player were lowered. Unlike the the Sin Wars, there are no seasonal resets, allowing you to play at your own pace for as long as you choose. Lets say the drop rates were higher, and you eventually found all your endgame gear... What fun would be had with that character after you've collected all charms? Sure you can farm for perfect ones, but there's no elusive "legendary" item to keep you going. The joy of finding that big ticket item is just not there when it is a common drop. By lowering the drop rate, the mod feels more challenging, more rewarding, and stretches out the length of the game.

You're both right and both arguments are legit. Drop rates needed to be lowered in SP? Yes, absolutely. By this much? Not really.
There's a point where "joy of finding X" is replaced by the "relief of finding X", an ideal middle ground would be between how they were and how they're now. Btw as Anonymous said: set drop rate in K3K is still too low, doesn't matter how high or low the bar for drops is, there's not a real reason to farm it over TA
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Trinity Shrines are pretty horrible. I know they're new, but they're still just... awful. Seeing that crafted Maiden Javelin and other test crafts I've made only roll 4-5 tri-ele damage literally gives 1-2 per element in most cases with the %WDM on most skills.

Intimidating Shrines aren't terrible, but they certainly could use some attention. A few test crafts I made on a body armor were giving a chance for 1-2% DR, not even guaranteed every time, so I'm not totally sure what the rolls are, since crafts now give 100% chance for the shrine affixes. Even with that in mind, 1-2%, with 4% DR on a perfect roll is pretty negligible and outweighed by even some of the automatic-sig gear pieces.

I like the idea for the shrines, but I think they need buffed up. Maybe not the %DR on the Intimidating Shrines, as that can get abused pretty quickly, but a slight buff there and a rather large buff to the Trinity's would be nice.

Edit: Cascade skill on Bow Druid caps at 40 yard seek range. I'm only just in Terror Act 5, completing bits and pieces of BRC and other Terror quests as I go, but the Arrow Flight Range doesn't match up to the seek range (Right now, its 26.6). Is this intended and/or if a late game bow druid could correct me if the Arrow Range reaches the 40 yard seek range end game?
Edited by Crash 6 years.
Roenan
Vampiress
37 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Had this ammy drop out of H-Cows. Luck rolled just for grins.

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Had a grey superior Hexblade (nec dagger) in act 1 hatred earlier today that had 1 socket and +1 maximum damage. Unless there's something I missed about superior necro daggers gaining maximum damage, I've never seen that affix on a superior item. Is that a bug?

Edit: Also had +1 max damage appear on a gray throwing knife.
Edited by Crash 6 years.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Some shrines stuff:

The deadly strike % bonus on weapons from Intimidating shrines is too low. Given how much it adds to the requirement of equipping a weapon, it makes more sense to use a different shrine that gives way better affixes and just add a ds orb. For armors, the affixes from this shrines are great. its nice to finally see enhanced defense from a shrine.

The flat tri-elemental damage affixes from Trinity shrines are also very low. Its equivalent to the added flat damages on a t1 Jitan's splint mail. By the time shrines start dropping, the damage is negligible. I think having the shrine roll one type of flat elemental damage would be better but from the standard tiers of those damages instead.

I thought weird shrines we're bad before M2017 but now they are definitely shit. Yeah they always roll ed% and flat ed but 9/10 its the lowest possible affixes. Rolling 23%ed and + 1-3 damage over and over again feels bad. I think the lower affixes should just be removed for higher ilvl items, for both flat ed and ed%. High min/max flat ed rolls occasionally appear but its not anymore frequently than any other random shrine would.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yeah Im gonna echo fumbles feedback especially on the Trinity Shrine. These values are too low for me ever to imagine using them for anything. The skills that require a source of elemental damage to modify IE dragonlore, Force of nature etc.. are already satisfied by the time you do some of the charms that give you free flat ele damage. What is the actual intended use of the trinity shrine atm the values just seem so completely useless right now.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
shnurr214 wrote:These values are too low for me ever to imagine using them for anything

You can always use trinity shrines to craft oskill on weapon that you keep on switch (like motw on barb axes), that way you never feel like you wasted good shrines 8-)
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
thunderman wrote:
shnurr214 wrote:These values are too low for me ever to imagine using them for anything

You can always use trinity shrines to craft oskill on weapon that you keep on switch (like motw on barb axes), that way you never feel like you wasted good shrines 8-)

yeah but i usually just oil of renewal blue weapons to make my buff weapons.... so yeah pointless still even for this extremely niche use