Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ChuckNoRis wrote:indeed , there are a lot of builds inside that compilation , most of them added since 1.f9b , i've tried to cover all the viable options in order to open more eyes in more directions to the public instead of just the mainstream/new metas builds . making a new one completley original is indeed hard . But the thing is that those pricks that copied my work over the years didn't even had the decency to thank me for providing the path to make the said build work , or ask me if i agree to let them "expand" the said miniguide (the original ) into a full guide .

i sometimes ask myself if all this struggle to have about 50 builds updated each patch it's worth it or not anymore . i'm thinking about getting another long pause from median , maby a permanent one .

Cheer up. Chuck Norris doesn't get sad. He just gets determined!

There's many more people that view and use your guides than there are people that say thank you for it.
princeigor
Bone Archer
79 | 10
Zennith wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:indeed , there are a lot of builds inside that compilation , most of them added since 1.f9b , i've tried to cover all the viable options in order to open more eyes in more directions to the public instead of just the mainstream/new metas builds . making a new one completley original is indeed hard . But the thing is that those pricks that copied my work over the years didn't even had the decency to thank me for providing the path to make the said build work , or ask me if i agree to let them "expand" the said miniguide (the original ) into a full guide .

i sometimes ask myself if all this struggle to have about 50 builds updated each patch it's worth it or not anymore . i'm thinking about getting another long pause from median , maby a permanent one .

Cheer up. Chuck Norris doesn't get sad. He just gets determined!

There's many more people that view and use your guides than there are people that say thank you for it.

This, and I think I've never thanked you for the help you provided when I was starting out, so I'll do it now: Thank you.

Stay frosty, Chuck.
Edited by princeigor 6 years.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge

feelsbadman :(
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I would like a FULL treewarden guide. Pretty under used compared to traprat and wolf. Probably due to the lack of an indepth guide.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You really need a full guide to switch between 3 or 4 skills ? :facepalm:

I now remember why i stoped making full guides
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I guess there are several problems with the miniguides:
1) for some guides (the ones I tried) there is no explanation on how you can actually get the items that are listed, nor which Ubers those builds excel at.
2) most builds (the ones I looked at) had some item that are very rare and "necessary" (elemental band is listed basically everywhere. I've never even seen an elemental band.)
3) there Are No ubers listed, nor Strategie for those. There's only a general strategy listed, but that doesn't work everywhere.

Don't get me wrong. I'm amazed at how much effort you put in, but those guides are rather directed at people who know everything of the game and can think enough to know what they need to fulfill certain ubers and who already became bored after exploring most builds. Those guides are not for newbies. They give you a general idea but aren't complex enough to fulfill the status of a guide. They are only baselines.

If you want to leave, I won't stop you. You've been made fun of enough to justify a retreat. However we'll definitely lose an important veteran and an important member of the forum, who at least tries to make some fun builds open for everyone.
Shade
|
HechtHeftig wrote:You've been made fun of enough to justify a retreat. However we'll definitely lose an important veteran and an important member of the forum, who at least tries to make some fun builds open for everyone.

The first part of that is news to me - I've not seen anyone make fun of Chuck, but ofc I've not read every post. It would be very sad indeed if it's true, since as you say he is a very important member of the forums, if not the most important.

Occasionally I've found him a little terse, presumably new people ask questions that seem dumb and they must get a bit tiresome after a while, but it's never anything too excessive at all.

I'm not sure i agree that the guides are for experienced people only. They are always my start point when I make a new build (I'm quite nooby at Median, I don't really have time to think too hard about it). Seeing a good structure+++ for a build saves me a lot of thinking / trial and error. The guides give me the skills, gear and gameplay - even the ones that are a little out of date give me something to go on even if I can't always tell if the build is still viable.

With just a little experience (and yes, some reading of in-depth guides such as LH's totem necro guide) we can all get some idea of how each uber works - so to cover off uber guides, all Chuck's guides would have to do IMO is to (a) link to a build on the standard approach to each uber at the top (there's an old-ish one in the Guides forum iirc), then (b) mention the differences for each build.

Possibly add a note about which ubers are non-standard strategy and which ubers the build can do easily and which they should avoid or re-spec for. That's a fairly similar approach to what he's done with the merc guide at the top.

The scores guidance at the top of Chuck's guides is also excellent, showing codified scores providing an at-a-glance view of the things all us noobs want to know before we commit to a build - is the build "good" (in each of various aspects and overall)? Especially end game which, otherwise, we'd only know after investing a lot of time.

Overall, I think it's an invaluable resource and like everyone else, I'd be very sorry to see it die. I also haven't said thanks much either - so I'll say it now: MANY THANKS CHUCK :) And many times over. Great piece of work and long may it last. As long as it does, it will continue to be my first port of call for any new builds i want to try.

All the best mate and please stick with it. I think you're more appreciated than you know - the old "silent majority" thing. I'm off to continue playing your treewarden build, currently level 24 and kicking ass in Act 2 :)
EarthBounder
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm playing Treewarden this season, but I switched into the spec after doing lots of initial stuff w/ poison elemental. I'm by zero means an expert, but I'm #6 on the Druid ladder right now as Treewarden. Happy to answer any preliminary questions, will probably write a guide when I hit 121. :]
Edited by EarthBounder 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Being on the top ladder doesn't mean much more than "I can kill monsters", honestly. But congrats on it. Suggestion is to play around with it more and learn different options for gear, playstyle, how to approach ubers and different tricks you can do to beat challenges, etc without twinking all gear and trading.