Light/Cold Sorc Help

Discuss Median XL!
Don_Tomas
Invader
8 | 0
Hi all!

This is my second char that I get to lvl 120 and I had loads of fun. The challenges were a breeze in comparison against my lvl120 amazon. The "easy" uber summons as well. But I feel (just like my amazon) I hit a wall and I cant see myself going beyond.

I have focused in getting gear with %light/cold dmg, -%enemy light/cold resist, %spell dmg. As you can see I hit -200% enemy light resistance and -115% enemy cold resist. Light immune monsters represent a threat but nothing I cant handle with shatter the flesh and abyss. My equipment is as follow:

Head RW EULENSPIEGEL: I used crafted gems with 5% light dmg, 3% cold dmg, orbed magic find
Armor TU ENNEADS BANE: This armor is still useful at 120 and I honestly haven't found anything better than this. I have 2 more dual dmg gems plus light dmg runes. Orbed MF
Boots HONORIFIC Boots: MOrbed with resistances, -light and cold enemy resist and used 2 light dmg runes
Gloves HONORIFIC Gloves, same as boots.
Belt EERIE CRAFTED SACRED BELT: got massive light dmg and light enemy resist, orbed with cold dmg/-cold enemy resist
Weapon RW ELVERFOLK Sacred Staff: Used dual dmg light/cold, orbed with magic find.
Rings: focused on +all skills, lightning/cold dmg, -light/cold enemy resist, and orbed MF
Amulet; +2 skills, 35 energy factor to spell dmg, 18% spell dmg, 38% minion life (perfect for ice elemental), reanimate as succubus and 5% to cast lvl 44 doom when I kill an enemy. Orbed MF.

Skills: Symbol of Esu and Chronofield: 1pt Forked Lightning: 1pt Immersion: 1pt
Shatter the Flesh: 24 pts Thunderstone: 23 pts Familiar: 8pts
Frigid Sphere; 1pt Tempest: 1pt Arcane Torrent: 1pt.
Snow Queen: 22pts Warp Armor: 21 pts
Abyss: 6pts Nova Charge; 1pt
Ice elementals: 20pts

I cant farm Fauztville they murder me, same in Duncraig, those barrels one shot me every darn time. Those amazons in their level kill me so fast before i can react. K3K is doable but very, very, very slow and I almost never get a useful set item. Tried to kill the summon in the tower before the first floor and something that isn't the golems kill me every darn time, I think is the blue flames. The creature of flame was so easy but the summon in Kurast causeway isn't, they murder me.

That's the reason why I don't have better gear. Even though my dmg is so low, I can kill mobs quickly thanks to -light enemy resistance, I thunderstone them to death.

Please help me to improve my sorc.

Thank you for reading, I welcome every suggestion made.

PS: BTW the dmg listed in the skill description of shatter the flesh is wrong because if you see the image it says 1200-3800 and in the skill description says 10k-31k, or maybe is the other way around?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 328
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
To give a short reply to some things.. Fauzt, you need higher def, and near 50% Damage Reduction (cap) or have tanky minions that will allow you to kill from behind.

Dunc, the barrels will always be a one-hit KO. There is no tanking those. It's just the mechanics of it, unless you have like 100k hp. They do 50k phys/magic damage, so its always an instakill unless you have a druid morph, he will unmorph at 1 hp, but you generally will die anyways because 1 hp in a mob is bad news.

Also, follow this guide if you haven't already. viewtopic.php?f=40&t=188
nitish2201
Stygian Watcher
41 | 5
Well ill say
max tempest
Max t stone
Max wrap armor
Max snow queen
1 point symbol of esu
1 point witchblood / chronofield
1 point ice elementals
5 points in familier
Few points in abyss

Try to make rings and amulets with good light spell damage and -enemy resistance..

In tran athulua tempest can easily kill all the amazons .. I famed with tu gears and I didn't face any problem..
Elendilli
Ice Clan
552 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The easiest way you will learn how to use light/cold Sorc is by using the Elemental Lightning Sorceress Set. To put the set into perspective, it gives 25% damage reduction + your ice elementals = 50% DR!! It provides EVERYTHING you need to get you through almost every charm.

I'm playing one right now on TSW. I max Warp Armour, Snow Queen and Thunderstone (best boss killer). Tempest level 1 clears everything easily but if you're just farming mobs you can go with Tempest until respec. I max Witchblood for more damage. Who doesn't like more damage? As for Ice elementals, I put points into Frigid Sphere for more HP on Ice elementals + more damage for Light Immune to kill them faster.

Just MO -light res for -199 light res, while the rest is +light spell damage. Easily 30k-40k Thunderstone damage w/ witchblood. without (under 90% hp) is 10k less.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2341 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Khamul wrote:The easiest way you will learn how to use light/cold Sorc is by using the Elemental Lightning Sorceress Set. To put the set into perspective, it gives 25% damage reduction + your ice elementals = 50% DR!! It provides EVERYTHING you need to get you through almost every charm.

I'm playing one right now on TSW. I max Warp Armour, Snow Queen and Thunderstone (best boss killer). Tempest level 1 clears everything easily but if you're just farming mobs you can go with Tempest until respec. I max Witchblood for more damage. Who doesn't like more damage? As for Ice elementals, I put points into Frigid Sphere for more HP on Ice elementals + more damage for Light Immune to kill them faster.

Just MO -light res for -199 light res, while the rest is +light spell damage. Easily 30k-40k Thunderstone damage w/ witchblood. without (under 90% hp) is 10k less.

I would actually not go rest +light spell damage as much and focus more on getting -enemy cold resists. Abyss needs love too. Everything else i agree on.
Ben-
Team Member
346 | 354
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Mind Badge
Brainstormer... cool ideas and theories
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Get -100 light and -100 cold then more into light pierce, then damage
Elendilli
Ice Clan
552 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yeah that works too. -100 Cold res is definitely good. -199 Light resist is for bringing down Heroic Shields more often so I don't find myself using Ice as much.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
The damage of Shatter the Flesh in skill description is correct.
The skill hits multiple times, and for some reason the character screen only shows how much damage one hit does.

Why are you dying so easily in Tran Athulua?
Are your minions not tanky enough?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
how often are you using Chronofield ?
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Chronofield is worthless. It used to be amazing but it was nerfed to nothing. Worse than old Plague uberskill. Use witchblood.