PlugY and median xl

Discuss Median XL!
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
blatkill wrote:Playing actual version with MXL Offline Tool is quite same as PlugY. You have an infinite storage :)

I have to disagree with you there. Using MXL offline tools is far clunkier and annoying than just having the infinite stash right in game.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
How many items are y'all finding every run that you can't use the offline tools? :shock:

Just keep it open and move everything out when you exit the game... you've already gotta do that constantly to refill maps with monsters. It's way faster than trying to organize the stash yourself.
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Siosilvar wrote:How many items are y'all finding every run that you can't use the offline tools? :shock:

Just keep it open and move everything out when you exit the game... you've already gotta do that constantly to refill maps with monsters. It's way faster than trying to organize the stash yourself.

How is using a 3rd party program out of game to store items faster than filling the stash in game myself? I have a system where I predetermine which stash pages will hold what items, make a list and boom, just put the items in the pages as needed. I don't even need the list after a period of time due to eventually memorizing it.
Edited by Dominos9189 2 years.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Dominos9189 wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:How many items are y'all finding every run that you can't use the offline tools? :shock:

How is using a 3rd party program out of game to store items faster than filling the stash in game myself? I have a system where I predetermine which stash pages will hold what items, make a list and boom, just put the items in the pages as needed. I don't even need the list after a period of time due to just eventually memorizing it.

sort window

Single button sorting. No need to flip between a bunch of stash pages and play tetris, everything just goes in order automatically by item type.

Not quite as customizable as would be ideal, but you can play around with it a little bit.
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Siosilvar wrote:
Dominos9189 wrote:

How is using a 3rd party program out of game to store items faster than filling the stash in game myself? I have a system where I predetermine which stash pages will hold what items, make a list and boom, just put the items in the pages as needed. I don't even need the list after a period of time due to just eventually memorizing it.

sort window

Single button sorting. No need to flip between a bunch of stash pages and play tetris, everything just goes in order automatically by item type.

Not quite as customizable as would be ideal, but you can play around with it a little bit.

You did nothing to convince me otherwise. Stash pages have ways to cycle through much quicker in multiples of 10 and 100, so it takes seconds to find the right stash page once I make a list and am used to it (which doesn't take long). The Tetris thing is a very minor inconvenience and I often don't have to worry about it due to large stash pages. At its absolute best, it is just another program to download in order to do something that I can do just as quickly, if not quicker right in-game with Plugy. The only time I would use offline tools is if I were trying to do a Sigma Holy Grail as Sigma doesn't support Plugy.
Wasp
Balrog
130 | 43
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
be patient boys
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Dominos9189 wrote:You did nothing to convince me otherwise. Stash pages have ways to cycle through much quicker in multiples of 10 and 100, so it takes seconds to find the right stash page once I make a list and am used to it (which doesn't take long). The Tetris thing is a very minor inconvenience and I often don't have to worry about it due to large stash pages. At its absolute best, it is just another program to download in order to do something that I can do just as quickly, if not quicker right in-game with Plugy. The only time I would use offline tools is if I were trying to do a Sigma Holy Grail as Sigma doesn't support Plugy.

I wasn't trying to convince you to change, just showing you how it can be faster, because pressing "yes, reload", alt-clicking items into the stash, and pushing one sort button while you're on the character select screen is marginally fewer button presses than paging through stash tabs and control-clicking in town. Use whatever the hell you like better, doesn't matter to me.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I don't even miss the PlugY anymore and I used to be HUGE hoarder. I still have it on other mods, 100s of pages filled with useless crap.

But devs made great job making Sigma more of a ssf-friendly so no hoarding needed. It also tought me to play other arpgs that way.

I wonder how that beta-testing with shared stash is going... That would a time-saver. I'm not coder but I understand it is very difficult to implement with many possible problems, in online I mean.
AngleWyrm
Skeleton
2 | 0
Jampula wrote:I don't even miss the PlugY anymore and I used to be HUGE hoarder...I wonder how that beta-testing with shared stash is going... That would a time-saver.

I would bet the decision making process does not involve producing a storage system superior to PlugY.

I further predict that it will involve some sort of psychological need for compromise as justification for the versions that came before. So I don't hold out any hope for storage system that's improvement over what I am already playing with (v1.3.2)