Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Velico wrote:
PitStains wrote:Magic (Blue):
i. blue item + mark of infusion = honorific item (blank green crafted item) -->
ii. honorific + shrine + arcane crystal = honorific item with shrine properties

I tried to combine an honorific with shrine and arcane crystal and it didn't do anything. I tried with 2 arcane and it got two modifiers (the fire pierce one). I don't get the point of honorific items, they seem like a waste of resources. Am I missing something?

It now costs 2 arcane crystals. It used to be one. And also, honorifics are trash. And even crafts feel pretty bad now unless it's a weapon.

You need so much rainbow dmg to kill shit that it makes no sense to play anything but summon builds. Not only that, enemies hurt so much it's necessary to mitigate as much dmg as possible via something else soaking it for you.

It really isnt ideal, imo. Personally, I don't wanna play with summons. I dont wanna enter somewhere and be instagibbed because of it (legacy of blood, cathedral if vanity, etc). You should be able to do enough dmg to kill things within a reasonable amount of time.

I dont mind dodging mechanics like you need to in teganze, but the game just isnt very well balanced so everyone plays the same broken shit (death gaze barb, summon barb, holy melee pally and neutral pally). 6 classes, majority of people play 2 and anyone who isnt is punished for not doing so. I have a 121 rat but I'm at the point where I would probably progress faster if I rolled a new char and geared it than if I were to keep bashing my face on trash in teganze.

There's another boss that doesn't make sense named Quov Tsin (Lv 120). Basically, he spams a lightning attack and melts you with 77% AR. So you need to actually go make some TUs (downgrade from sets and SUs) so you can get enough max lighting resist to fight this guy. Idk about you but I ain't tryna change my shit every time I wanna fight a different uber.

I think the devs have made a LOT of improvements over the vanilla D2 but it seems have they have issues with balance. It ain't easy. I get it. And I'm not saying all classes should be equally powerful that would be nearly impossible. But it wouldn't be hard to change numbers on the bosses.

If trash has 5k hp and an Amazon does 5k dmg but a pally does 7k dmg, 1 shot is 1 shot. Personally, I think melee should do less dmg because it can just stand there and beat on em where as ranged needs to have more of a hit and run tactic. And this whole thing with relying on canon fodder to get through this game is just ridiculous.
Edited by IBagboyBrownI 5 years.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
Velico wrote:

I tried to combine an honorific with shrine and arcane crystal and it didn't do anything. I tried with 2 arcane and it got two modifiers (the fire pierce one). I don't get the point of honorific items, they seem like a waste of resources. Am I missing something?

It now costs 2 arcane crystals. It used to be one. And also, honorifics are trash. And even crafts feel pretty bad now unless it's a weapon.

Sacred Honorifics (what he's asking about) are definitely not trash. I did all the 120 Ubers as a Melee Sorc with nearly a full set of them.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
Velico wrote:

Sacred Honorifics (what he's asking about) are definitely not trash. I did all the 120 Ubers as a Melee Sorc with nearly a full set of them.

Because 1 OP build can get away with using honorifics doesn't mean they aren't trash.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Bagboy_Brown wrote:
Solfege wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
Velico wrote:

Because 1 OP build can get away with using honorifics doesn't mean they aren't trash.

Have you played Melee Sorc? It's certainly not op.
Velico
Destroyer
7 | 0
Solfege wrote:
Have you played Melee Sorc? It's certainly not op.

Can you give an example of your process and what rolls you were able to achieve with a rough idea on resources used? I have a couple sacred honorific items in my stash but I've been hesitant to invest in them because the few times I've tried I get like -4% fire resist reduction and +4% fire damage. Does it just take a lot of rolls? And if so, where do you farm for the arcane crystal supply?

I'm not trying to grill you, I'm just new to the mod and the cube recipes isn't real clear on honorific sacred items.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Velico wrote:Can you give an example of your process and what rolls you were able to achieve with a rough idea on resources used? I have a couple sacred honorific items in my stash but I've been hesitant to invest in them because the few times I've tried I get like -4% fire resist reduction and +4% fire damage. Does it just take a lot of rolls? And if so, where do you farm for the arcane crystal supply?

I'm not trying to grill you, I'm just new to the mod and the cube recipes isn't real clear on honorific sacred items.

No worries. Idk what build you're playing, so what I say may not be all that helpful, but it just depends on your build's needs.

For example, with my Melee Sorc, I needed both damage and survivability boosts. Since it's a DEX-based build, I blessed with an Abandoned-shrine for DEX to boost damage and CtB. Then, I orbed them with Weapon Damage (more damage), flat DEX, TCD (for higher overall ACD), and Life Regen (b/c regen+sustain is an integral part of my defense strategy).

I also found it helpful to keep remaking the base Honorific until the Oil of Luck bonus was successful. It took time and farming many Marks of Infusion, but I think it was worth it.

As far as rolls from the blessing, you won't get anything major. With Fascinating Shrines, it'll be +8 FSD/-5 EFR max for everything except 2h Weapons and Body Armors, and +15 FSD/-10 EFR max for 2H Weapons and Body Armors. For that reason, I only look at the blessing as an extra bonus and don't spend time trying to get something perfect. MOs are the main focus, imo, but you can spend as much time as you want trying to get a perfect roll.

For dedicated AC farming, I usually just stick to Act bosses (mostly Mephisto) and Nihlathak b/c of their guaranteed TU drops. If you can't farm them easily in Hell, do it in Nightmare.

In the end, Sacred Honorifics may or may not be the best option for your build. But they were for mine at the time.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Honorifics can be pretty damn useful. I usually use 1 item for each character while leveling to make sure that I reach max resistances etc. Other than that, you can tailor them to have exactly what you want. They can be useful early/midgame items.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
Velico wrote:Can you give an example of your process and what rolls you were able to achieve with a rough idea on resources used? I have a couple sacred honorific items in my stash but I've been hesitant to invest in them because the few times I've tried I get like -4% fire resist reduction and +4% fire damage. Does it just take a lot of rolls? And if so, where do you farm for the arcane crystal supply?

No worries. Idk what build you're playing, so what I say may not be all that helpful, but it just depends on your build's needs.

For example, with my Melee Sorc, I needed both damage and survivability boosts. Since it's a DEX-based build, I blessed with an Abandoned-shrine for DEX to boost damage and CtB. Then, I orbed them with Weapon Damage (more damage), flat DEX, TCD (for higher overall ACD), and Life Regen (b/c regen+sustain is an integral part of my defense strategy).

I also found it helpful to keep remaking the base Honorific until the Oil of Luck bonus was successful. It took time and farming many Marks of Infusion, but I think it was worth it.

As far as rolls from the blessing, you won't get anything major. With Fascinating Shrines, it'll be +8 FSD/-5 EFR max for everything except 2h Weapons and Body Armors, and +15 FSD/-10 EFR max for 2H Weapons and Body Armors. For that reason, I only look at the blessing as an extra bonus and don't spend time trying to get something perfect. MOs are the main focus, imo, but you can spend as much time as you want trying to get a perfect roll.

For dedicated AC farming, I usually just stick to Act bosses (mostly Mephisto) and Nihlathak b/c of their guaranteed TU drops. If you can't farm them easily in Hell, do it in Nightmare.

In the end, Sacred Honorifics may or may not be the best option for your build. But they were for mine at the time.

You should definitely be farming nili in normal if you're going for ACs. Drops 3 every run and it's ez af. Takes 30-40sec. Prolly quicker for a sorc or sin or anyone with a Blink staff.
Velico
Destroyer
7 | 0
Solfege wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the in depth response, that clears things up a lot. I am a cold/fire pally (lvl 105) with the frozen breath and hydras, so i've been rolling MOs on cast speed, fire dmg, cold dmg, str, and resists when I need them capped. So is part of the strategy with honorific items to craft good jewels that are tailored to your build, fill the sockets with those (and any runes that are good for your build?), then MO until your level requirement?

Good call on Nihl, I've been running him in NM with ease and disenchanting a lot.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Velico wrote:Awesome, thanks for the in depth response, that clears things up a lot. I am a cold/fire pally (lvl 105) with the frozen breath and hydras, so i've been rolling MOs on cast speed, fire dmg, cold dmg, str, and resists when I need them capped. So is part of the strategy with honorific items to craft good jewels that are tailored to your build, fill the sockets with those (and any runes that are good for your build?), then MO until your level requirement?

Good call on Nihl, I've been running him in NM with ease and disenchanting a lot.

Paladin is a little out of my depth, but what you described with crafted jewels is one way to go. However, one of the big advantages to Sacred Honorifics is their low lvl reqs. And since I don't like losing MO space b/c of jewels, I socket them with gems+low lvl Runes and save the crafted jewels for RWs (things are a bit different for End-Game, though). So what you could do is socket them with P-Topazes (more NRG = more spell damage), Ral Runes (FSD), and/or Thul Runes (CSD). You can also use perfect resistance gems to meet your res needs and free up MO space for flat NRG. Then, when you get more +Res Charms, you can gradually swap out the res gems for Topazes/Runes w/o needing to remake your Honorifics.