Best class and build for MF farming

Discuss Median XL!
ShadowLover
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello everyone.

I have played Diablo 2 thousands of hours, and I have been playing this mod for a month, and wow. I love it, I just love it.

I have opened this topic because I have made a Lightning - Cold sorceress, and in order to properly choose my first Sigma character, I want to know which class elements and build are the best for Magic Find farming.
I want it to be able to clean fast places like the Secret Cow Level, or Torajan Jungle because there are not immune enemies, but I want it also be able to do most of the Ubers alone.

My sorceress currently uses Abyss and Thunderstone, more focused on the cold tree because I have more - enemy cold resist than lightning (140 or so), but the Abyss mechanics (no damage on the center of the orb) are a bit annoying in some places like small rooms, and also with high FCR the mana consumption is too high (like 800 mana per cast) and forces me to go closer to the enemies (and closer to death) too often to recover mana using Mana sweep.

What do you think? Any suggestions? Should I change my mind and try other class?

I can't wait for Sigma to come!

And for finishing I have a doubt, I have my signature configured and enabled on my settings, for using it and for being visible, but I still don't see it.
Should I change something for it to be seen?

Thank you all and nice to meet you, regards!
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
ShadowLover wrote:Hello everyone.

I have played Diablo 2 thousands of hours, and I have been playing this mod for a month, and wow. I love it, I just love it.

I have opened this topic because I have made a Lightning - Cold sorceress, and in order to properly choose my first Sigma character, I want to know which class elements and build are the best for Magic Find farming.
I want it to be able to clean fast places like the Secret Cow Level, or Torajan Jungle because there are not immune enemies, but I want it also be able to do most of the Ubers alone.

My sorceress currently uses Abyss and Thunderstone, more focused on the cold tree because I have more - enemy cold resist than lightning (140 or so), but the Abyss mechanics (no damage on the center of the orb) are a bit annoying in some places like small rooms, and also with high FCR the mana consumption is too high (like 800 mana per cast) and forces me to go closer to the enemies (and closer to death) too often to recover mana using Mana sweep.

What do you think? Any suggestions? Should I change my mind and try other class?

I can't wait for Sigma to come!

And for finishing I have a doubt, I have my signature configured and enabled on my settings, for using it and for being visible, but I still don't see it.
Should I change something for it to be seen?

Thank you all and nice to meet you, regards!

Go with what you love, there is no "best build" in Median. A certain build can outshine other builds in certain areas, but fall behind in other areas.

Also, Mana Sweep create an invisible expanding nova, that cover the whole screen at max range (the expanding speed is not very fast), steal mana whenever it touch a monster. So you don't really have to move closer to creeps, as long as there is no wall between you and creeps, you will suck mana. Invest in it enough points until you have no cooldown, and you will be fine.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
here my tip: 1 point Abyss > smax thunderstone

you wouldn't want to smax abyss anyways
ShadowLover
Skeleton
3 | 0
Thanks for the tips :)
I will try it.