Are bounties on the horizon?

Discuss Median XL!
Remiel
Imp
4 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Just curious. Haven't heard too much info and I feel we need some new content for levels beyond 140. For me personally as soon as I hit 140, It has been hard to find the motivation to keep playing.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Remiel wrote:Just curious. Haven't heard too much info and I feel we need some new content for levels beyond 140. For me personally as soon as I hit 140, It has been hard to find the motivation to keep playing.

That’s when u make a new char bruda
Remiel
Imp
4 | 0
Donated 25 times
Yeah i got enough of those and most builds in this game are not viable sad
Battery
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Remiel wrote:Yeah i got enough of those and most builds in this game are not viable sad

I think this is the biggest problem with this game.

While I agree with you, most builds are not viable. It's possible to make every build viable with absolutely end game item and charms.

The top 5% and the rest of us are playing 2 completely different games.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Battery wrote:
Remiel wrote:Yeah i got enough of those and most builds in this game are not viable sad

I think this is the biggest problem with this game.

While I agree with you, most builds are not viable. It's possible to make every build viable with absolutely end game item and charms.

The top 5% and the rest of us are playing 2 completely different games.

I wouldn't even have the time to reach 140 in a few months..
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
there's a lot of viable builds, just not enough knowledge across the playerbase to make them work without reading a guide, sadly. weak chars can be made viable, just need to think about what stats and skills to focus on to optimize.
Remiel
Imp
4 | 0
Donated 25 times
I'm mostly disappointed in a lot of the skill trees. Bowazon and javazon need some serious help. Naginata assassin has way to low of health points. Sadly people need to follow a cookie cutter to a tee build to succeed in this game. Basic skill trees on classes should be more viable. For sorc the caster trees are not viable at all. It's either melee or valtheks command. This game should have 50+ viable builds.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Honestly there are very few really not viable builds (default, untwink from scratch, if not on realm - even self-found) due to global lack of power or because they MUST have ultra-expensive gear to work (specific S/SS/SSSU, great/xis runewords that they simply can't get by themselves, all charms, etc.) So it's all about poor game knowledge and experience ("i make babr and/or bought all geer and charms" is NOT experience)
Edited by Scalewinged 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Remiel wrote:I'm mostly disappointed in a lot of the skill trees. Bowazon and javazon need some serious help. Naginata assassin has way to low of health points. Sadly people need to follow a cookie cutter to a tee build to succeed in this game. Basic skill trees on classes should be more viable. For sorc the caster trees are not viable at all. It's either melee or valtheks command. This game should have 50+ viable builds.

Please note that this game is changing from: "Dying is part of the game." and "Dying 100 times against Boss X is still no proof that build Y is not viable."
to: "You can't die more than once per boss" and "I died once so the build isn't viable."

There's an essential difference in the existing game philosophy that shaped the game thanks to Laz and the new future game philosophy from the current guys working on the project. And we are currently right in a transitional patch. Wait another 1-2 years and we'll have the balance that we want and need.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Remiel wrote:I'm mostly disappointed in a lot of the skill trees. Bowazon and javazon need some serious help. Naginata assassin has way to low of health points. Sadly people need to follow a cookie cutter to a tee build to succeed in this game. Basic skill trees on classes should be more viable. For sorc the caster trees are not viable at all. It's either melee or valtheks command. This game should have 50+ viable builds.

Not sure why you think of any of that. Just because they aren't "tier 1" doesn't mean they aren't viable. Cold sorc has been ran all the way to the end and I've personally ran poison and fire. If you are lost ask for help, just because most sorcs are playing melee or mana doesn't mean those are optimal or the only options.