Barrage Amazon

Discuss Median XL!
Ratmslasher
Prowler
17 | 6
Bowzon piping in.

I’m okay with some skills being better in diff zones (ie situational barrage vs wyrmshot etc).

However I agree there should be some sort of benefit for more points into barrage (either dmg or range or aomwthing).

Another thing people are ignoring imo....
If the rework intention is to make you use all 3 spells depending on encounter/zone, then there’s a slight oversight regarding gearing to support this argument.

With new rework and synergies, unless I’m missing something, only barrage benefits from the new dragon lore. Sure wyrmshot will a tad if you have rainbow damage on gear, but spell for spell synergy is lacking (regarding DAMAGE output, not wyrmshot range).

Just my 2 cents, I don’t have strong opinion either way.

I guess if intention is instead to be “barragezon” or “wyrmshotzon”, argument could be made to gear for elemental damage or physical damage respectively (ie get that max -enemy ele res).
The problem is if this is the devs intention, the skill build doesn’t support enough damage modifiers for barragezon to be sustainable imo since all you get is dragon lore.
On the other hand, wyrmshotzon hardly benefits from dragon lore unless you build elezon.

Imo I agree either extra points in barrage for more +damage, or dragon lore mods to benefit both wyrmshot and barrage equally/similarly.
P3RTURB4TOR
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Guys, can you help me with early/mid game gear ? And skill/stat plan, if it possible, ty
Calaquendi
Acid Prince
48 | 3
I kinda agree that it seems like some skills are supported by dragonlore and some just aren't, and I'm not sure why have this great pierce passive for only some of the skills in the tree. To be fair, maybe tri ele wyrmshot or tri ele phalanx would be OP. I have no idea. Either way I'm looking forward to more changes to the zon, since she seems to be getting quite a few changes recently.
Subzy
Vampiress
38 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
P3RTURB4TOR wrote:Guys, can you help me with early/mid game gear ? And skill/stat plan, if it possible, ty

I just went with this:

Weapon: Magebane | MO'ed with Deadly Strike and LaeK.
Armor: Albrech't Revenge.
Belt: Honorific: STR/RESIST/FHR/DEX
Head: Snakehair.
Gloves: Pollice Verso.
Boots: death Spur.
rare rings and amu

6 points Trinity Arrow.
6 points Barrage.
15 points Phalanx for no cooldown.
smax dragonlore.
Putting points in wyrmshot every +2 levels for more targets.
smax Ecstatic Frenzy.
smax defensive harmony
smax paragon
1pt Spellbind

stats:

str: enough for gear
dex: rest
P3RTURB4TOR
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
Subzy wrote:
P3RTURB4TOR wrote:Guys, can you help me with early/mid game gear ? And skill/stat plan, if it possible, ty

I just went with this:

Weapon: Magebane | MO'ed with Deadly Strike and LaeK.
Armor: Albrech't Revenge.
Belt: Honorific: STR/RESIST/FHR/DEX
Head: Snakehair.
Gloves: Pollice Verso.
Boots: death Spur.
rare rings and amu

6 points Trinity Arrow.
6 points Barrage.
15 points Phalanx for no cooldown.
smax dragonlore.
Putting points in wyrmshot every +2 levels for more targets.
smax Ecstatic Frenzy.
smax defensive harmony
smax paragon
1pt Spellbind

stats:

str: enough for gear
dex: rest

Ty so much mate !!
Nahuatl
Jungle Hunter
28 | 1
Smittles wrote:
RandomOnions wrote:Barb is known to be a 1point wonder

I feel like people are misunderstanding the point I was trying to make.
Regardless of whether a skill is considered to be a 1-pointer or not, or in Barrages case a 6-pointer. I should have the option to super-max it if I wish AND my skill points be of SOME value invested in the skill.

Suchbalance mentioned that Barrage is strictly inferior to Wyrmshot when it comes to pack clearing. But that is actually incorrect within the context of my thread, because for Wyrmshot to be a better clearing skill than Barrage you need to invest skill points into it. Only by increasing the base skill level does the skill acquire more potential targets, thus making it the better clearing skill - FYI Wyrmshot is THE single most pathetic skill without points invested, the mediocre damage and low target potential is only made worse by the SLOWEST moving "dragon spirit" projectile one has ever seen.
That being said, if I want to, I can keep increasing the clear potential of Wyrmshot by investing more and more points into it. Why couldn't they have had the same approach with Barrage? At least, in previous ladders, adding points did SOMETHING, regardless of whether suchbalance thinks it wasn't a justifiable investment, which is weird, since I was confident they were my skill points to make that decision with but okay -.-

Everyone understands the point you are trying to make, the issue is that nobody agrees.

I get that you love Barrage, but you are not entitled to have the game designed around whatever pet build you want. When you say otherwise, you sound entitled.

There are many skills in this game that don't really improve with many skill points. This has long been the case for Barbarians as has been mentioned. So the fact that Barrage has been turned into that is not ruining the game in any way, or introducing some crazy mechanic that has never been seen in the mod. You can still play the skill (unlike many others which have fallen by the wayside in past patches), so be grateful and enjoy it while you can?
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
At least we don't have to worry about 1.10 style synergies, which force us to put 20 points into a skill that is completely useless once you reach level high enough to use the main skill (e.g. teeth vs bone spear, ice bolt vs frozen orb / blizzard etc. - whole classic LOD is built that way)

However, design like this is the most asinine thing in AMAZON because of their incredibly restrictive devotion skills. No other class has restrictions this stiff. Sorceress can choose 2 elemental trees, other classes have no restrictions (albeit investing into trap rat skills as treewaren druid isn't very smart either) I would love if amazon had their devotions at level 24 and would be able to use weaker (cooldowned) versions of their active skills such as pounce, blood fury etc. in any spec. Devotion skill would unlock 'normal' unrestricted version of such skill.

The OPPOSITE of this restrictive amazon design is necromancer. You can invest into anything and will be able to make some use out of it, at least in some way. You can be a melee benefitting out of dragonfire oil which sits in ranged tree. You can be melee and still summon stuff to help you out. The only thing that does limit you is the learning point count, you won't be able to max everything.
Smittles
Prowler
19 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Necro-ing this thread because changes have been made to barrage! I'm not sure how much ele damage it gets per level but I'm very happy that there is now some benefit to maxing the skill. Thanks for the change, I look forward to testing it out.
BespokePosts
Prowler
16 | 0
Conquest wrote:At least we don't have to worry about 1.10 style synergies, which force us to put 20 points into a skill that is completely useless once you reach level high enough to use the main skill (e.g. teeth vs bone spear, ice bolt vs frozen orb / blizzard etc. - whole classic LOD is built that way)

However, design like this is the most asinine thing in AMAZON because of their incredibly restrictive devotion skills. No other class has restrictions this stiff. Sorceress can choose 2 elemental trees, other classes have no restrictions (albeit investing into trap rat skills as treewaren druid isn't very smart either) I would love if amazon had their devotions at level 24 and would be able to use weaker (cooldowned) versions of their active skills such as pounce, blood fury etc. in any spec. Devotion skill would unlock 'normal' unrestricted version of such skill.

The OPPOSITE of this restrictive amazon design is necromancer. You can invest into anything and will be able to make some use out of it, at least in some way. You can be a melee benefitting out of dragonfire oil which sits in ranged tree. You can be melee and still summon stuff to help you out. The only thing that does limit you is the learning point count, you won't be able to max everything.

Glad this thread was necro'd so I could read this post about Necromancer's design. The point system naturally restricts players to the point that devotions railroad you completely
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
What do you guys think about
Hellreach
Hellreach
Long War Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (232 - 260) to (255 - 287)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 650
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Adds 140% of Your Fire Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
Adds 140% of Your Physical/Magic Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
2% Chance to cast level 50 Flamefront on Striking
2% Chance to cast level 50 Drakemaw on Striking
+50 Damage
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(250 to 500) to Life
Maximum Fire Resist +4%