Help wanted: Anyone used Necro to beat the hardest bosses?

Discuss Median XL!
Kronos
Prowler
16 | 0
Hi all, can anyone give some help or advice with the harder bosses using a Necromancer?

In particular Astrogha, Brach, Brother Laz, MarcoNecroX, and Started Witch. I have disposed of all the lesser to median bosses but the real tough bosses seem out of reach :cry:

I have read a lot of the Uberquest guides, tried a number of different specs, from Zomg Xbow, to Re-animator, all of the sets (except community) - get resists up to +200%, reduce enemy resistances by 100%+ or more, wear good SSSU gear, load 'em up with jewels, tried some Runewords, different specs, - but some of them just seem impossible.

For these really difficult ones, I just cannot seem to generate enough high-intensity short-burst kill power to get some of them, I can last a while against most but it seems like I cannot get the same power punch that other chars get. It is very hard to stop them regenerating health, and sometimes minions seem to get in the way or make it impossible (such as killing pillars against Astrogha).

Has anyone managed to do these bosses with a Necro? Any advances tips would be great!!

cheers :)
Kronos
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
For Astro and brach you should take a look in Avalanche oskill, startled witch needs some patience and magic resistance. Use tu6 heard leather armor to keep ow up as good as possible.

No idea how you can kill MNX as a necro, brother laz however is possible if you have the possibility of rejoining, do as follows:

1. remove all on attack/when struck and on death procs
2. lure laz on top of you, hit 1-2 times and purify - wait until ow runs out - die
3. rejoin and repeat the same process- requires some practice as well but is the easiest way to kill blaz

The whole process might take an hour or so but is worth it :)
Metalistas
Onyx Knight
601 | 79
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I remember Dmitriy of mentioning that he killed Astrogha with Angel of death skill, but it took him few hours ?
Ben-
Team Member
346 | 354
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Mind Badge
Brainstormer... cool ideas and theories
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
max shadows+ele totem from sssu boots+burning veil gives lots of spell dmg

get -199 fire pierce and as much fire spell dmg as possible

use funeral pyre + a staff for high fcr - this kills brach and astro and mnx

vs mnx use a source of unholy armour/sacred armour/liche form (ssu gargoyle head / secret ele rw armour)

vs witch try disco inferno from that 6 GR armour(??) for ow with smax embalming for mana regen to use it, get as much hp+dmg reduce+attack rating as possible, use su boots+heavy glove
Mr_Malice
Balrog
129 | 12
I solo all ubers with a necro, feel free to ask me about any uber if you want to. Acc name Fresh_start.

Mnx, astrogha - pretty much what ben said, except he forgot to mention bloodlust buff (trollskull + firequeen), using all those buffs got me Funeral pyre dmg 156k which almost always killed astrogha with 1 fire drop. Mnx needs 2-4 drops though.

Brachy - smax deathward to get some high defense for ghost worms, use disco inferno armor. I found it easier to use phys on brachy due to bane which makes him drop phys a lot faster, and you still have a decent chance to kill him with 1 drop, so caster here isnt really needed but its up to you.

Brother laz - Get 50% dr and atleast 400 flat dr to be able to tank his teleport and singularity. Once you got that covered try to get 100% ow and 50% magic res so if a totem strikes atleast you're not on 1hp. smax embalming, deathlord,death ward and enough points in rathma's talon till you get 50% slow. all stats in vitality.

Startled witch - i actually tried using disco inferno on her but it didnt really apply OW that well for some reason. I think its better to use homing bolts instead so just use voodoo shot on her.Minions have a magic immunity so other witches cant really kill them, just keep an eye on them so they dont make them spam too many 1hko missiles. Chronofield helps a lot here, and dont forget su diadem and heavy boots.

This is atleast how i do these ubers.
Kronos
Prowler
16 | 0
Thanks everyone! Great comments. I'll see how I go with your suggestions first, ....

I'll re-equip and see if I can take down the top dogs. Thanks for your offer, Mr Malice, will do so, if I get stuck!

With Astrogha in particular, how do you stop your reanimates from killing the spider statues? Or it is just a matter of focussing on max DMG to take her down as quick as possible? ... I can give her a few good whacks, sometimes down to 1/3 HP left, but she continually warps out of the way, and has a nasty habit of spawning Spider Statues in between myself and her, so often I whack them accidentally, and back up to full health she goes...!!! or my reanimates will kill the spider statues... same result! doh. Sometimes when she get summoned in the middle of all my reanimates, all my totems, plus a few buffs, she nearly dies instantly, I see her health drop to 1/3 or less, but she always manages to escape by warping out in time....! I'll see how the above suggestions go :)

At least it has given me faith that the Necro can do the whole job... these last few are a real pain tho. Also Prince Of Nothing is one Staff I would love to find, some SSSU are rarer than hen's teeth!

cheers