Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Seekers wrote:Did you reequip it?

you don't need to re-equip it. idk how you worked your magic to respawn in 40341283u1209482130951293419023 seconds though lol
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
Seekers wrote:Did you reequip it?

you don't need to re-equip it. idk how you worked your magic to respawn in 40341283u1209482130951293419023 seconds though lol

Sometimes you still need to reequip it
It does still break sometimes
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
2982 years later, almost ready to respawn
SuperJ
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Barbarian suggestions:
Long time D2 player, new to Median XL and loving it.
I’m a big fan of melee classes, but the barb feels very one-dimensional in this regard. I hate having to completely respec and change my play style just to be able to barely get through certain areas. I can handle bremmtown and fauz as a deathgaze now, but I’m far from invincible. However, in teganze and even low level rifts, I’m sweating dodging shots trying not to get melted. As a summon barb I could do teganze in my sleep.
I think barbs versatility could be improved in many ways. First, I think the physical/combat skill tree should be broken down into three possible paths: two-handed weapons, dual wield, and one hand/shield. You could potentially put dual wield (off hand) and shield as independent skills under the same branch and keep the throwing branch, but I think any throwing skills should fall under the one hand/shield branch.
I like these specializations too because it gives you more choices in the weapons you can choose to wield, instead of being pigeon holed into just sporting axes for death gaze, sword for iron spiral etc. This way, instead of having to completely respec, certain weapons and load-outs might be better suited for certain areas/bosses. For instance, barb 2h axes get thunderfury, maybe instead of just 50% increased damage to undead, all hammers have a base % chance to stun; swords have a % chance to deal deadly strike or crushing blow and bonus against demons; spears have a % chance to double strike; maybe all 2h have a chance to aoe. Versatility. Plus it’d be more fun to have an arsenal to choose from and give us potentially more sacred weapons to hunt for and collect and more crafts to roll instead of just one or two.

I don’t really like summoner so I won’t get into it. It’s incongruent with barbarian lore imho. I would do away with it altogether. Barbarians are warriors at the front. If anything, replace it with a skill tree like “shaman” or something with passives/buffs, maybe a couple animal summons.

I like the stance skill branch. Quickly changing stances depending on the situation is a 10/10 idea, but some (snake) are totally pointless. Spirit is cool but I’d prefer shouts that can buff allies like in classic d2 over wolf companions. Summoning animals seem like a Druid skill. I’d move thundergod to this branch and make a new reward skill out of werebear.

I loved druid on classic D2. I was really disappointed to see werebear gone. However, I think it would be perfect as a barb reward skill. Totally fits the lore. Maybe move thundergod into spirit and dump fortress or even replace snake stance.
Call it “Berserker.” Could be a long lasting shapeshift you simply cast like werewolf, or maybe it could be a passive that only procs when you fall below a certain % of health, but in order to sustain it you need to stay in combat: every time you strike an enemy, the duration timer resets (like feral rage). More points you put into the skill, the more health, phys resist, defense, dmg benefit or whatever it provides; increase the level of health % it will proc at (base 35%) with every x amount of points; increase the duration you can stay transformed between hits, maybe 15-30 seconds per x points.

Only other minor thing is the name “Gladiator’s Dominance”. Gladiators were slaves. Maybe “Hardened Veteran” or “War Lord”. Nit picking.

I think this would make the barb way more versatile and fun to play as a melee emphasis character. Just my 2 cents. Love the game.
revolut1oN
Lava Lord
94 | 2
You propose to swap ancient spirits with a couple of animal summons and then complain that summoning wolf (animal) doesnt fit barbarian. Huh? xd

SuperJ wrote:Only other minor thing is the name “Gladiator’s Dominance”. Gladiators were slaves.

No, mostly they were not slaves.
SuperJ
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
revolut1oN wrote:You propose to swap ancient spirits with a couple of animal summons and then complain that summoning wolf (animal) doesnt fit barbarian. Huh? xd

Spitballing. Make a suggestion.

revolut1on wrote: No, mostly they were not slaves.

“Gladiators most often came from a slave or criminal background but also many prisoners of war were forced to perform in the arenas.”

https://www.ancient.eu/gladiator/

*mostly, they were.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Rogue mercs are rather impressive now. GG.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Where you aware that the change with 1.2 so that you could pickup more than one charm as long as the one you already have is either in your stash or the cube only works for ladder and not for non-ladder?

Was curious if that was on purpose or if that could be corrected in future hot-patches?

Thank you.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
invisible walls on this path and above the tree just to the right of my character here, doesn't allow character to run through the path, have to circle back to the bottom

ImageImage
endless
Imp
4 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Unless I'm misunderstanding how the stat "+1 to maximum necromancer minions" works then it's broken. I've got a Goetia and a Grim Visor, both with +1 max minions, and whether wearing them alone or together I can't get past 10 skeletons (10 being what I can get without either on).