Sigma 1.2 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Unnamed
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
change long time duration buffs to passives - 10min buff is annoying (if it's possible)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Display bug when socketing Perfect Emeralds ( +5 max damage) presumably because Gjallarhorn already has +40-100 damage. Char sheet, bow 2h damage, and d2stats reading damage increase properly, but the stat line shows incorrect.

noal
Cog
208 | 15
Using Terror Strike greatly reduces the duration of Grim Presence (or probably somehow puts an early end to the skill's duration, I'm not sure).
I got a crafted Pally weapon with Terror Strike and tried it in Fauzt, and in 10 minutes I had to recast Grim Presence like 5 times. The skills' description mentions no interaction with each other so that is probably a bug.

EDIT: I tested and figured it out. Apparently, Terror Strike still activates skills like Lemures and Bloodthorns, i.e if I dont have Grim but I use Terror Strike, then I can use Lemures and Bloodthorns. Thus for some logic bugs (I believe), if I cast Grim then use Terror Strike, then at the end of the duration of that Terror Strike, Grim Presence will also disappear. This is certainly a bug, please fix it.
Unnamed
Thunder Beetle
55 | 0
UMP - tooltip on lemures and blood thorns says - energy factor scales with vitality instead of energy - but %value is still from energy not vitality (the same like on symphony of destruction). tooltip bug?
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tooltip bug Unnamed
syllab
Jungle Hunter
27 | 5
To talk a little about unholy melee and why it's no bueno to have vitality also increase damage:
In general in fighting games there are three types of classes:
-Tank / brawler
-Glass cannon
-Well-rounded, not the best at anything, but not the worst either

None of these things is an issue unless if the game environment is making it easier for one of these to navigate trough than the others. There are clear advantages and disadvantages to playing one or the other. Now what was done with UHM sort of breaks these archetypes, and combines the best of two worlds into one: the glass cannon and the tank.

Unholy melee was a shitshow before, I think most people could agree to that, they usually just ran in and died before getting too much damage in. But this step is a bit drastic and throws it all the way to the other side of the spectrum. Everyone can see why having a singular stat (vitality) that increases both your toughness and your damage will make a class that's going to be conceptually overpowered. We see this in other games as well, (for example DotA or Heroes of Newerth) where balancing those kind of classes/heroes is a nightmare.

Alternatives to doing this:
-Have unholy melee spend HP instead of mana to deal damage
-Along with the above: create a "the lower you go" mechanic, for each % of HP missing, the unholy paladin gains damage as well as damage mitigation of some sort (resistance / armor / whatever)
-Below is based off the idea that damage scales off any stat other than vitality
- Give unholy melee a shield buff based on the damage they deal, passively the shield regenerates to 33% of maximum capacity. It might feel like this creates another immortal class, but shield generation could be capped at a maximum rate, and the regeneration can be toned up or down based on current level, or just across the board to keep it in check
-The simplest: reduce the amount of HP unholy melee gains trough vitality, though that would fuck with the early game of the class
-Give unholy melee damage mitigation based on the enemies in a certain radius, elites and bosses trigger a higher shield so that boss fights don't make you feel like paper

Anyway there are more ways than this to do something about it, but in the current state, it's just stupid strong by having it both ways. I say all this as a paladin player, my first playtrough was as unholy melee, and I love seeing it strong, but this is just no bueno design.
delusion
Stygian Watcher
41 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I know the site have been loading slow these days but it seems like the game is having issues too.Lucion was not taking any damage from Malic before this happened...
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
delusion wrote:I know the site have been loading slow these days but it seems like the game is having issues too.Lucion was not taking any damage from Malic before this happened...

Do you have your book of possesion charm? From that same uber
delusion
Stygian Watcher
41 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Seekers wrote:
delusion wrote:I know the site have been loading slow these days but it seems like the game is having issues too.Lucion was not taking any damage from Malic before this happened...

Yes, I know how this uber works.I've done it multiple times this patch on my other character.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
delusion wrote:
Seekers wrote:

Yes, I know how this uber works.I've done it multiple times this patch on my other character.

Did you reequip it?