MXL Launcher 0.3.1

Discuss Median XL!
DeaTh
Cog
206 | 16
Moasseman wrote:@Void: I have d2se and the MXL launcher installed and both work fine.

I have a mod installed in the MODS folder and in this case it does not work. Or I don't understand which folder to choose in launcher.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Idk if it's intended but when you close settings window it automatically minimized the main window witch is kinda annoying. Also after the installation when i click play it runs 6 diablo instances (like the app was forget/stuck that it was already launched). After closing all d2+app windows the second run of median was fine. Only app and median windows were open.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
After install it doesn't ask me to select the game folder, I get this error with the new version of launcher:
► Show Spoiler

Everything else is running fine.

PM sent with the few words from the log file. :P

Also glide3x.dll provided with the launcher has different version than version installed with D2SE? 1st one is from D2SE, 2nd one is "yours".
► Show Spoiler

Is there any difference between those?

For those with D2SE, what doesn't work for you.

With launcher you select main Diablo II folder. not sub folder, and launcher is for median xl only, for other mods use D2SE, which works just fine.
► Show Spoiler

See, both Median XL and Sanctus Mod:
► Show Spoiler
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Quirinus wrote:For the wine people, I'll build the launcher on wine once I fix most bugs and we get towards the end of beta.

Nice! Thanks, Quirinus! :D

IDK how many of us wine users there actually are, so the fact that you'd take the time to do that is awesome. Looking forward to trying it out.
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Zennith wrote:
Zennith wrote:Got a weird issue and idk why the launcher is causing it, but... /fps isn't working for me in-game when using the launcher. D2SE allows me to /fps in game. But when I use the launcher to launch D2, /fps no longer works in game.

This is on realm, only differences is D2se vs MXL Launcher 0.2.2

I am using Glide on both D2SE and MXL Launcher.

Can anyone else confirm this so I know I'm not alone with this issue?

Sooo.. Am I the only one with the /fps issue? I haven't tested with the latest build, but I didn't see anything about it.

Edit: Is the /fps thing a glide feature, and if so, are they different versions of glide or something?

Don't remember if it's a PlugY, D2SE or some other program feature. You can turn on fps in glide though.

hellgrind wrote:Idk if it's intended but when you close settings window it automatically minimized the main window witch is kinda annoying. Also after the installation when i click play it runs 6 diablo instances (like the app was forget/stuck that it was already launched). After closing all d2+app windows the second run of median was fine. Only app and median windows were open.

Never happened to me. Maybe your computer lagged for a second and some weird things happened.

Talic wrote:After install it doesn't ask me to select the game folder, I get this error with the new version of launcher:
► Show Spoiler

Everything else is running fine.

PM sent with the few words from the log file. :P

Also glide3x.dll provided with the launcher has different version than version installed with D2SE? 1st one is from D2SE, 2nd one is "yours".
► Show Spoiler

Is there any difference between those?

1st error. Not sure, but maybe 1) that dll is read-only. 2) diablo 2 is open. 3) you installed as admin, but are not running the launcher as admin. It's not a very important error though.

Nice catch on the glide3x.dll. I checked glide-init.exe, but it was the same as D2SE, didn't think of checking the dll. It will be added in the next version. It's the "hidden" test version on sven's glide page. Doesn't help with the "freezing" game when running glide with desktop composition. :(

The thing in the PM is fine. It's reported when you run it for the first time, when there's no settings.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Version 0.2.4 has been released.

You can download it from the same link:
http://get.median-xl.com/launcher

Changes:
- now normally maximizes/unmaximizes
- Esc key now closes the Launcher and settings, Enter key closes settings
- maybe fixed settings soft-lock
- added a newer version of Glide (thanks Talic)

Note:
- If your Windows changes appearance when running Glide (and you dont like it), turn on "Keep desktop composition" in the Launcher --> Settings --> Glide Settings. It can cause the game to freeze on some computers though.
- It's preferable to not install the Launcher nor D2 in Program Files.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@Talic thank you for showing that d2se seems to work even with the launcer. from what it looks like, other mods do seem to work. however im not completely convinced that there is 0% chance for nothing to happen with more extensive testing of all the mod features and different kinds of mods. but if it indeed works just fine and once ive taken a good look at the source code of the launcher, praise be with quirinus :thumb:
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@void
You can always create two D2 game folders if you want. :-)

@Quirinus

Enter key closes settings, but it doesn't save the settings, where closing with the "X" button, settings are saved.

Error:
Enter settings, close with "X" button, press Esc key, this pops out:

About glide files, they didn't updated automatically, if I remove them manually and start the launcher files are updated, but if files already exist it seems launcher won't update them?
robizeratul
Vampiress
37 | 0
Does this add integrated multi resolution support ?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Talic wrote:@void
You can always create two D2 game folders if you want. :-)

@Quirinus

Enter key closes settings, but it doesn't save the settings, where closing with the "X" button, settings are saved.

Error:
Enter settings, close with "X" button, press Esc key, this pops out:

About glide files, they didn't updated automatically, if I remove them manually and start the launcher files are updated, but if files already exist it seems launcher won't update them?

Those errors mean that my copy-paste skills are bad lol.
Didnt copy a part of the code. I guess its not a good idea to code while tierd. xD Thanks.

Yeah, theyre not updated because i didnt add a version check for them at the start. I guess i can add that now.

robizeratul wrote:Does this add integrated multi resolution support ?

No, because we dont officially support that.