Is melee supposed to be so gimped in this game?

Discuss Median XL!
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lazyknob wrote:
Khamul wrote:Could you give us some more information so we can help you learn the specific mechanics or strategies to help you succeed? Character? Build? Current Charms?

lazyknob wrote:I've come to terms that, not all builds are equal and notions of fairness should be left at the door.
Before I started this reply, I saw MorphXL streaming. Decided to have a peep. 38k health... Yeah... not much else needs to be said.

He has 38k Health but it doesn't mean he's clearing a lot of the Labs content very well. I watch his stream often and I can tell you T13 and higher is a struggle for anybody so in that aspect Unholy Melee which is very strong this patch cannot achieve optimal damage to clear the Lab bosses (Phob, Anom) even on T11, but it can function as a tanky frontliner for the Traprat he's duoing with. We also did have a player who has technically 'cleared' labs as a Melee Assassin but he didn't even struggle to the Lab itself but instead a stupid bug that exists in T13-T15 where Observers can ohko with Frozen Orb.

Well I do gather that in general higher labs do lean towards ranged builds especially in solo play.
Though admittedly I spend most of my time farming as I play SSF on MP. Probably an exercise in futility lol.

Some builds are vastly superior to others with a lot less investment. For example, OP is having some trouble with Holy melee. Even clearing hell in TUs can proof a little troublesome for that build but comparatively, a 2H melee necro breezes through quite easily with just TUs. Not harping on end game potential but transitions on some builds are quite hectic.

FOTM builds are the result of a symptom.

I do enjoy it when players put up showcase videos and especially grateful when they include their gear and levels. It does enlighten and shape my perception regarding builds and viability. When people post their Kabraxis kills without posting their gear (but fully decked out in gear and level 140), it's not very helpful if the person having trouble just hit 120.

On a sidenote, is Nagi Sin a dead build? Decided try one out, but yet to figure out a decent build for it once I level it up. The damage on bosses seem to be pretty lackluster? I'm still skeptical about its viability.

I didnt post my gear because i just showed it as a killing method and i didnt record that video to be a "tutorial" in the first place. I dont think HMP is really having troubles clearing hell either.

Nagisin is pretty much dead. It has none of the survivability of current sin builds (trapsin for example have avoid,dodge projectiles, shit ton of life, %50 dr, shit ton of mdr and flat dr, and is not melee). Nagisin only has %50 dr flat mdr and flat dr and nothing else. I even tried pouncesin but its just too bad at her current state. You cant go wdm build because you dont have any ewd scaling mechanic, you cant go tri ele damage because even with good pierce the damage from ways are not enough. Overall meme build.
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Glamdring26 wrote:gfhfgh

Well you posted as I was writing that reply, in fact when the notification came in as I hit submit and saw your post, I was already expecting this to come my way lol. Wasn't directed to you in particular but a very common occurrence on kill videos I find on youtube.
Much the same with 4 hour streams or podcasts without bloody timestamps!
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not really sure what his budget is or if he can even get this item but Krys gloves (30% target slow) will make Kabraxis much easier. He stops casting one of his spells pretty much every single time when he's target slowed (green aoe particle thing fuck if i know what its called). You can also just circle around Kabraxis hit him every few seconds and he won't blink ontop of you allowing you to constantly hit him. The only thing you would need to watch out for is Punisher Barrage which you just need to get enough poison res/tank with potions and his dodge his ohko Flamestrike.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Khamul wrote:Not really sure what his budget is or if he can even get this item but Krys gloves (30% target slow) will make Kabraxis much easier. He stops casting one of his spells pretty much every single time when he's target slowed (green aoe particle thing fuck if i know what its called). You can also just circle around Kabraxis hit him every few seconds and he won't blink ontop of you allowing you to constantly hit him. The only thing you would need to watch out for is Punisher Barrage which you just need to get enough poison res/tank with potions and his dodge his ohko Flamestrike.

Actually, just with fhr breakpoint and good playstyle Kabraxis is killable quiet easily. Keeping close distance to prevent his AI from dashing completely changes fight :D
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ywinel wrote:
Khamul wrote:Not really sure what his budget is or if he can even get this item but Krys gloves (30% target slow) will make Kabraxis much easier. He stops casting one of his spells pretty much every single time when he's target slowed (green aoe particle thing fuck if i know what its called). You can also just circle around Kabraxis hit him every few seconds and he won't blink ontop of you allowing you to constantly hit him. The only thing you would need to watch out for is Punisher Barrage which you just need to get enough poison res/tank with potions and his dodge his ohko Flamestrike.

Actually, just with fhr breakpoint and good playstyle Kabraxis is killable quiet easily. Keeping close distance to prevent his AI from dashing completely changes fight :D

"good playstyle" for new players struggling how to kill him won't catch on to these tiny details immediately which is why the myriad of suggestions provided by the people who posted in this topic give them more possibilities instead of just a few. From my perspective I completely understand what you are saying when you just need fhr and strategy to kill Kabraxis but to a newer player it probably isn't enough information.
Melatonina
Banned
108 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Khamul wrote:
Ywinel wrote:

"good playstyle" for new players struggling how to kill him won't catch on to these tiny details immediately which is why the myriad of suggestions provided by the people who posted in this topic give them more possibilities instead of just a few. From my perspective I completely understand what you are saying when you just need fhr and strategy to kill Kabraxis but to a newer player it probably isn't enough information.

Isnt only Kabraxis. But thoses scripted attacks that OHKO anybody are just stupid ideas imo. Such as Astrogha.
There are ways to make battles challenging and funny, and there are ways to make battles extremely boring and frustrating.
The good thing is none of thoses are farming places, at least we have that.
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Melatonina wrote:
Khamul wrote:
Ywinel wrote:

Isnt only Kabraxis. But thoses scripted attacks that OHKO anybody are just stupid ideas imo. Such as Astrogha.
There are ways to make battles challenging and funny, and there are ways to make battles extremely boring and frustrating.
The good thing is none of thoses are farming places, at least we have that.

After getting used to Median's playstyle Kabraxis becomes a joke. Quite literally he cannot kill you even with his Flamestrike which supposedly can OHKO you if you stand under it too long. Things like Astrogha's old Frozen Orb OHKO'ing those in Melee range was stupid (not the case anymore) but they're gimping down all the one-shotty stuff. Just give it time. If you think it's not enough then Median is probably just not your cup of tea. Some people really enjoy it. Some don't.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Glamdring26 wrote:On the other hand uldyssian is literally impossible as holy melee and its piss easy as a ranged/caster char so there is that.

How is it piss easy with ranged char? I've been hitting him with my bowzon for the last hour and I barely got 5% of his hp. Am I doing something wrong?
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Celestialray wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:On the other hand uldyssian is literally impossible as holy melee and its piss easy as a ranged/caster char so there is that.

How is it piss easy with ranged char? I've been hitting him with my bowzon for the last hour and I barely got 5% of his hp. Am I doing something wrong?

You are just lacking damage. I was referring to the fact that you can kite edyrems with ranged chars but they will fuck you up if you are melee.