Possible to run on Raspberry Pi?

Need help installing the mod?
Manchildmau
Fallen
1 | 0
Anyone know if Median will run on Raspberry Pi 3B?

Tried to get Diablo 2 to work but apparently all the guides on how to do it aren't available anymore.
Gear
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I got it to work on Ubuntu about a year ago using Wine. I've never used a Raspberry Pi but I assume it runs on some form of Linux.
Unfortunately I don't remember all the steps but you should start with Wine. I may go on my laptop running Ubuntu and attempt to get it to run. If I make any progress I will tell you.
Gear
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I got MXL working with Linux using the information in this post viewtopic.php?f=42&t=33826&hilit=linux
I used Steam's Proton software to run it but you could use Wine. Just be sure it's not staging despite what the guide says.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Yeah, MXL runs fine in Linux via WINE with the proper packages installed.

The staging branch option was necessary upon Sigma's initial release, but now you want to run WINE Stable. Even the Launcher updates properly now.

Not sure that helps with your Raspberry Pi question, tho. But if you can get CLoD running, you should be able to get MXL running. How well it will run tho...
CaughtNaked
Skeleton
2 | 0
I'm pretty sure you have to run x86 emulation software on top of WINE for the raspberry pi because it has ARM processor, so you're basically emulating within an emulator on a pretty basic computer. Median already causes some trouble even on a Windows installation at times, so now you're looking at 6x layers of potential problems. Raspbian - > Wine - > x86emu - > Windows - > diablo 2 - > Median XL. IIRC last time I looked into Windows emulation on a Pi like ~3 years ago the x86 emulator wasn't free either. Maybe there is a new open source emulator. I know it's possible to run they can even run Diablo 2 on Android device. I love raspberry Pi's myself and doing projects/challenges but my question is why run this on Pi?