Reanimator skill tree

Discuss Median XL!
SpamBomb
Monkey King
257 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Reanimate totem1
Cast lvl 10(?) Scarifice on a 60 sec cd (reduced 1 second per base lvl min 30 seconds)
5% Reanimate as Zombie
5% reanimate as Skeleton
5% reanimate as Skeleton archer
5% renaimate as quill rat

Reanimate totem1 passive
increases the strenght of reanimates that can be spawned based on lvl
lvl 5 Grants (over replacing old reanimates to prevent to overflow)
5% Reanimate as Ent
5% Reanimate as dark rouge
5% Reanimate as warforged shaman
5% Reanimate as Trap rat
lvl 10 grants new set of 4
lvl 15 grants new set of 5

each getting using stronger monsters maxing out at lvl 25 with 5 elite reanimates

Reanimate totem2
same as totem1 but spawns caster type reanimates

reanimate totem2 passive
same as totem1 passive with caster type reanimates

Necromonicon totem
(Devotion skill)
Grants a Aura that increases Dmg, attack speed. and frw

idea i came up with for a reanimator necro skill tree
Edited by SpamBomb 4 years.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Didn't read. But anything about totemnec is all cool. I like totemnec concepts.

I'm really disappointed as the current totemnec. As many ppl see many cons and gave feedback but there werent even small changes (meanwhile when I bought Overlord cotw for 2k TG and they nerf immediately the day after - yes, still very salty for the quickest nerf in human history)

Its funny that there is still no Hand of Rathma in whole server atm.
Penguincha
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Nice write up, and I do like that the Necromonicon Totem is a Devotion Skill. It's a shame that the reanimator play style was dumpstered in Sigma (Sacrifice buff is kinda nice, but not enough). It was definitely was my favorite build in any ARPG.

Remember that monsters have gargantuan attack and cast speeds on Hell. I think attack rating would be better.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
If you want to play reanimator, just switch to an old LazBro median version, say 2012?
Penguincha
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
I've never played 2012 Median, but I've always thought about playing an older median version for fun. I'm still invested in the modern game. Still, it's still a nice suggestion.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Reanimator Necro is not even a thing now. It's very hard to get a good reanimate.
Back then, there was an item that give you chance to reanimate 4 elite monsters (25% each). Then it was nerfed, then it was removed.

Come on, I mean if people want to play a lag build with 1000 minions, just let them, why remove it :(
Penguincha
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
The problem I feel now isn't the reanimate chance, sacrifices provides quite a bit of them. It's the fact that reanimate base damage and attack rating of most base and elite monsters are generally extremely low to do useful damage. Death's Fury Totem provided them with that base damage (it was unfortunately elemental damage, so it wasn't too useful against bosses)

I feel like the only thing that is needed, so to speak, is a way to increase their damage like what Death's Fury Totem used to do, along with maybe some attack rating and movement speed.
Taem
Slain Soul
2500 | 158
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I like this idea quite a bit. I tried a reanimator pre-Sigma by maxing Sacrifice... didn't go well due to the timer, but would be a really, really fun sub-class if the MXL team ever focused on it!
Ywinel
Pit Knight
119 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It's not impossible to build reanimator now. It's just no longer broken shit. In old median all you needed was this damn Ghoul axe(there was also 1 or 2 other items like that) to make build work. Additionally, it was laggy as hell.
It was nerfed a bit too hard(almost no good RW/SU for reanimates) but it's not impossible to do it.
Devil Fang' Totem(Towerlord set) is still a thing and casts a lot of corpses, enough to make 1% reanimates work. Totems have player's reanimate chance so good for going along. Fancy Hidden craft belt/gloves, maybe QOR boots, reanimate jewellry?, Zayl's Soul Orbs for rest of the items(equip last) and here you go.

I think that the only sad thing is probably not maxing Talon's Hold(I'm afraid they would proc first resulting in lower spawn rate of needed reanimates).
Assartuars from Devil Fang aren't any problem for other procs. They apply only when cropses die naturallly, they are usually finished before and 25% chance doesn't apply.
Crash
Madawc
6801 | 329
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
How are you going to get your reanimates to do any damage in current patch? Reanimates are extremely tanky, but you can't buff their damage since stances don't apply to them anymore, and buff totems are gone from the totem tree. You could get an aura like Fanaticism or a gift of the wild proc from a reanimate but certainly not viable currently for more than things that take beatings before dying.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, so correct me if I'm wrong.