Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Celestialray wrote:Plays the same broken build for 5 seasons straight and at the same time having 30k tg to back him up. Of course he's gonna be #1 on the ladder...

is it his fault that trap rat is a very good defensive build? no. it was nerfed this season. I've even spoken to him about if he gets bored and he said no because he approaches things different every time and finds new ways to make it work or improve.

your argument about his tg is like saying it's unfair that the google ceo is wealthy and you're not. there's no communism here.
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Crash wrote:your argument about his tg is like saying it's unfair that the google ceo is wealthy and you're not. there's no communism here.

You don't understand, do you... Yes, he spent time to earn that gold, I'm just saying that it's not tg earned in the current season. That's all. Now to do a really bad analogy as you did, imagine starting a new league in poe with 100 exalts in your stash (regardless of how you earned them). Would you call that fair competitiveness? Just punishes new players to the mod and that's bad for the longevity of the mod. The mod is already pretty 'sadistic' in difficulty so that already drives a good chunk of people away.

HurtSmash404 wrote:Broken builds? Like what exactly?

Like bear? Being able to easily(ish) reach almost 30k hp already puts you in advantage compared to most builds. Not to mention that you actually have defense on that build compared to a build like bowzon that relies purely on ehp, which is pretty bad anyway. Sure, you can play with balance on bowzon, but you don't have any other natural defense so you're mostly relying on gear to get the total character defense, which is scarce at best and overlaps with whatever else you need. Not to mention you also lose 1 attack speed frame and 1k magic damage. So you either play a little more risky and get things done, although not nearly as well as a bear build or you get balance and kill one monster every 10 years due to the lack of damage.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Celestialray wrote: imagine starting a new league in poe with 100 exalts in your stash.

imagine playing bad games or even knowing what an exalt is
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Crash wrote:imagine playing bad games or even knowing what an exalt is

Yea, a game that came from basically nothing and went to be the best AAA arpg on the market and acclaimed as the real diablo 2 successor is very very bad game. Oy vey :)

I get it, poe is not in the best shape today, but it's definitely not a bad game. You could come up with some arguments next time, you know. I know you hunt me on the forum just to piss me off, but your trolling goes right through me if you didn't notice :D
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't target people. Somehow you took offense to me backing up Vikan's choices because you specifically targeted him in the original write-up. Who's to blame?
supersage10
Azure Drake
164 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crash wrote:I don't target people. Somehow you took offense to me backing up Vikan's choices because you specifically targeted him in the original write-up. Who's to blame?

:cheers:
thunderhead
Banned
4 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Crash wrote:
Celestialray wrote:Plays the same broken build for 5 seasons straight and at the same time having 30k tg to back him up. Of course he's gonna be #1 on the ladder...

is it his fault that trap rat is a very good defensive build? no. it was nerfed this season. I've even spoken to him about if he gets bored and he said no because he approaches things different every time and finds new ways to make it work or improve.

your argument about his tg is like saying it's unfair that the google ceo is wealthy and you're not. there's no communism here.

did you ask him why he needed to buy 2 laz trophies for 800tg each and bunch of other expensive things? what would happen if phamvanam stops farming laz? Does he get bored then?

Because you once made opinion about bad players buying all charms and trophies in order to get advantage in farming or - in this case - reaching t15. Can we agree that Vikan would do shit without those trophies since most liikely wont do them himself?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
thunderhead wrote:
Crash wrote:

did you ask him why he needed to buy 2 laz trophies for 800tg each and bunch of other expensive things? what would happen if phamvanam stops farming laz? Does he get bored then?

Because you once made opinion about bad players buying all charms and trophies in order to get advantage in farming or - in this case - reaching t15. Can we agree that Vikan would do shit without those trophies since most liikely wont do them himself?

He bought two laz trophies for that much because that's how much the seller sold them for. He likely bought laz trophies for his laz charm and for the sleep charm because max resist is so important in late game especially labyrinth rifts. Vikan is certainly capable of completing content on his own, but he has the tg to spend and doesn't feel like farming 50 laz runs a day, so he will purchase when available. I don't see the problem here.

It has nothing to do with players or their abilities as much as the dependency on specific itemization and preparation for late tier content. Vikan didn't design the game or the skills he uses. he just makes the best of what he has available.

Why is everyone trying to gang up on a player because he has more tg than you? If tg is such an issue for you, farm up more arcane crystals, signets of learning, better items. tg isn't the only currency in this game. Most people use it because it's fast and inflated to the point of so many people having more than enough. I don't personally think tg is good for the game, but there's no way around it otherwise this mod would not be able to continue without some form of donation/compensation to the developers, unless someone wants to toss them a few million dollars out of generosity each month, tg is going to likely remain in the game.

Are we done yet? Better to talk about the season feedback vs "tg is shit"
LeQuebecois
Abomination
156 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Whirlwind skill with nagisin
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This is the sort of player thats top, we cant let this tyrant get away with it! :facepalm: