General Season 22 Feedback and Ideas For the Future

Discuss Median XL!
demoner
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Celestialray wrote:
supersage10 wrote:Hey shit congrats at 140 theres nothing to brag about that 4 fucking head how silly are you

I just started grinding labs on this char 2 days ago and I'm at my first t14 now. What's with this fervent hatred directed towards me? You guys like to gang up on me, downvote my posts and insult me, but never bother to argue with me. It's just the same logical fallacies every time. Can you grow up?

Thank you for saying what me and my friend have been suspecting for a while. 2 weeks of farming fautz with nothing to show for it and brickwalling our characters is not good design. Having a season economy based around trading (like poe) can work, but not with rollover from previous seasons. A week or two week lockout on tg seems appropriate, but personally I'm not fond of a game based around loot acquisition and hoarding force you into trading because drop rates suck, and doesn't encourage longetivity.

And for those elites who want to keep the game obscure and only finishable by a select few, this mod will make way more money with a sea of casuals spending 20 - 100 dollars each to finish their builds, rather than quitting after a week because duncraig sucks. More money for the mod = better content, even if it's at the cost of some casuals getting a chance to compete. Of course there should be uber rare items, but make them actually obtainable. What's better, 5 tyreals drop a season farmed up by 1000 people, or zero drop in 2 seasons and nobody bothering to play because it's so unreasonably rare. Why even have the item in the game at that point?
supersage10
Azure Drake
164 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
demoner wrote:
Celestialray wrote:
supersage10 wrote:Hey shit congrats at 140 theres nothing to brag about that 4 fucking head how silly are you

I just started grinding labs on this char 2 days ago and I'm at my first t14 now. What's with this fervent hatred directed towards me? You guys like to gang up on me, downvote my posts and insult me, but never bother to argue with me. It's just the same logical fallacies every time. Can you grow up?

Thank you for saying what me and my friend have been suspecting for a while. 2 weeks of farming fautz with nothing to show for it and brickwalling our characters is not good design. Having a season economy based around trading (like poe) can work, but not with rollover from previous seasons. A week or two week lockout on tg seems appropriate, but personally I'm not fond of a game based around loot acquisition and hoarding force you into trading because drop rates suck, and doesn't encourage longetivity.

And for those elites who want to keep the game obscure and only finishable by a select few, this mod will make way more money with a sea of casuals spending 20 - 100 dollars each to finish their builds, rather than quitting after a week because duncraig sucks. More money for the mod = better content, even if it's at the cost of some casuals getting a chance to compete. Of course there should be uber rare items, but make them actually obtainable. What's better, 5 tyreals drop a season farmed up by 1000 people, or zero drop in 2 seasons and nobody bothering to play because it's so unreasonably rare. Why even have the item in the game at that point?

Why is poe being brought into this again Tencent owns ggg a multi million company if Marco had millions who know where this would be but frankly they need our donations so here we are and here it will stay
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
+1 thread by this point.
anicocia
Bone Archer
76 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
entitled gamers rise up! :coolstorybob:
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
inori92 wrote:EYE OF WISDOMS

Frozen Orb's mana costs are exorbitant without valid reason

If frozen orb's mana cost was lower, then mana sweep wouldn't be as effective.
The reason for the high mana cost is so that it DOES empty your mana pool, increasing the damage from mana sweep.
As frozen orb is a non-sorc spell, you take chronofield as lvl 90 skill, further improving mana sweep.
With a 5s duration on the post sweep buff to frozen orb, you don't want to spam orb for 5s and still be above 70% of max mana.

Valid enough reason?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You are absolutely correct on your reasoning. But people want to spam brainlessly Frozen Orb.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Johnny Impak wrote:You are absolutely correct on your reasoning. But people want to spam brainlessly Frozen Orb.

If they want brainless spam, frozen orb is the wrong skill to use anyway, even with a reduced mana cost.
Effective use of frozen orb requires constant repositioning so that the orb itself ends directly on top of the target, increasing damage greatly. Not a step closer or further away. Hence why ice elementals are important (to this build) to tie up mobs and allow correct positioning.

But fuck that, pressing more than one button is hard right?
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
This sums up the game's community
Sibakys
Thunder Beetle
54 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Stereox wrote:This sums up the game's community

Unfortunately
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Sibakys wrote:
Stereox wrote:This sums up the game's community

Unfortunately

No need for generalization, there are plenty of nice and cool people, it's just that usually they do not tend to be the loudest voice around.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca