Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ywinel wrote:Even if it's good topic for debate, this post has actually pretty inaccurate(or rather manipulated?) information
STR non class weapons compared to DEX class only ones? Even class only to other class only is not perfect way since they are usually balanced especially for class play style.

But let's ompare class ones to other class ones. It's pretty simple comparison for 1 handed ones and shows that higher base dmg goes to str ones. Warp Blade is only exception, I think this may be not balanced one but this is rather material for whole separate topic.
For 2 handed ones, if naginata is so good all the people are not running with this shit? - it isn't. Few point of damage more has no comparison to Thunderfury or Mega Impact procs while naginata has just AoE attack. Also, 2 handed ones doesn't have to be so different because there is no block.

Well nobody uses 1h char str weapons(paladin blunt weapon, barbarian swords), and nobody uses common dex weapons(as suchbalance pointed out), so no point comparing them. I can just add them to my previous post if you will, but nothing will change, my points stand valid.

Naginata weapon is really good, but skill tree aint great, so people dont play it much. Although marco himself is playing nagisin this season.

Well sorc swords has aoe, naginata has aoe, amazon spears have amazing grace. On the other hand hand of god has amazing grace and barb axes has thunderfury, and melee scythes has mega impact. i dont see your point. That sounds pretty balanced to me. Considering scythe melee necro aint that great compared to his dex dagger counterpart.

"Also, 2 handed ones doesn't have to be so different because there is no block", well yeah thats my point. They are not so different, and even though they dont benefit from block, they still benefit from free AR.

I mean the origina post is biased towards strength builds obviously, but that doesnt mean my arguments are wrong.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I used
Brahman

Brahman
Paladin Clubs, Paladin Maces, Paladin Hammers

'JahKo'
Runeword Level: 80
Level 1 Bear Stance
20% Attack Speed
100% Hit Recovery
+(66 to 99) to Maximum Damage
+(159 to 186)% Enhanced Damage
+(3 to 5) to Mountain King
+1000 Defense
5% to Strength
(30 to 40)% Gold Find
while playing paladin. And it worked well.
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Glamdring26 wrote:
Well sorc swords has aoe, naginata has aoe, amazon spears have amazing grace. On the other hand hand of god has amazing grace and barb axes has thunderfury, and melee scythes has mega impact. i dont see your point. That sounds pretty balanced to me. Considering scythe melee necro aint that great compared to his dex dagger counterpart.

My point about built in procs was that they are just affecting effective dps too. Thunderfury gives effectively +37.5% damage as lightning, immagine Labrys having also higher base dmg than nagi, it's currently enough op. And necro scythes are really good in terms of dps, it's just a lot better to go with shield :P

I have a feeling that whole this problem goes more around block itself than character stats. It has just too huge impact on weapon choice and stats.

In other games, evasion/dodge/block from dexterity are opposed in strength by some portions of flat defenses/life(just noticeably lesser than from vita). Maybe something like that would help but it would require huge game rebalance so it's rather topic for distant future. Let's bargain for plugy first :P
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Anonymous: wrote:I used
Brahman

Brahman
Paladin Clubs, Paladin Maces, Paladin Hammers

'JahKo'
Runeword Level: 80
Level 1 Bear Stance
20% Attack Speed
100% Hit Recovery
+(66 to 99) to Maximum Damage
+(159 to 186)% Enhanced Damage
+(3 to 5) to Mountain King
+1000 Defense
5% to Strength
(30 to 40)% Gold Find
while playing paladin. And it worked well.

How is that relevant to the topic though?

Edit: So you are saying you used a one handed paladin blunt weapon counter argument to me saying nobody uses them. I was referring to the fact that nobody uses them as their end game weapon. I also use short sword while im leveling but it doesnt make sense to speak about it.
Edited by Glamdring26 4 years.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ywinel wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:

My point about built in procs was that they are just affecting effective dps too. Thunderfury gives effectively +37.5% damage as lightning, immagine Labrys having also higher base dmg than nagi, it's currently enough op. And necro scythes are really good in terms of dps, it's just a lot better to go with shield :P

I have a feeling that whole this problem goes more around block itself than character stats. It has just too huge impact on weapon choice and stats.

In other games, evasion/dodge/block from dexterity are opposed in strength by some portions of flat defenses/life(just noticeably lesser than from vita). Maybe something like that would help but it would require huge game rebalance so it's rather topic for distant future. Let's bargain for plugy first :P

I would love block getting scaled from both str and dex, or str giving like half the amount of life that vit gives, or maybe str giving same amount of AR as dex? Something along those lines.

Also plugy is unnecessary, they will implement multitabs in near future.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Glamdring26 wrote: I also use short sword while im leveling but it doesnt make sense to speak about it.

Yea, cause you clearly should be using TU War Sword instead :mrgreen:
brassmuffler
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Solution: halve base movement speed on boots and make str reduce armour movement speed penalty.
Thoughts?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
one of the str build who need to invest much points dex its bow druid is kinda anoying to reach 100-130k AR with this build.
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
somehow i didnt see this thread until now. i must be real pepega
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Elendilli wrote:somehow i didnt see this thread until now. i must be real pepega

Known that for years.