Sorc build help

Discuss Median XL!
sevzzen
Vampiress
38 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Anyone can recommend some fun sorc builds? prefered element is lightning or poison but open for other suggestions.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
define fun

if throwing books at enemies you encounter is fun , pick poison as a main attack + another support tree . maby a combo with cold , with ice elementals as meat shield . you may find many such builds/guides in the old forum
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Imho all sorc builds are fun. Poison is very good at the start.

Currently I'm trying out a poison - cold sorc. I maxed lorenado, vengeful power, hive (for duration), snow queen and ice elementals, plus 15 points in familiar. Gear is pretty easy depending on patience.

Try to get the gnarled staff (Dubhdroiacht) and the lamellar armor (Nightscape) from griswold box. I made an honorific belt and used some unique boots (Rabbit's Foot) I found. When you get a Pul rune make a Kali runeword in gloves, it's good early on.

MO resistances and minion resistances in the belt. When you get to terror you can also MO minion resistances on your other pieces of armor / jewellery until you have +75% minion resists. This will make LC2 a breeze.

I also gambled and rerolled some random jewellery to have +1 skills on rings and +3 skills on amulet, got the staff to tier 5 and the armor to tier 4 with the spare uniques I found, and that's basically it. I'm currently in act V terror without any difficulties, but mana can be a problem still.

Gameplay is also quite simple: spam lorenado. If you want, kill stray poison immunes with frigid sphere. For big packs of poison immunes you can use abyss. For bosses you can spam miasma + frigid sphere. You can also use miasma to slow and debuff enemies (even poison immunes) for crowd control, and of course you can also use shatter the flesh to freeze enemies.

I'm only level 89 so of course this won't get you to the endgame, but it's a good starting build I feel.