Problem with stats requirements

Discuss Median XL!
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I really like the mod, seems great and rly i am in love with it, but one thing worries me... how i am supposed to get such stats like 500 str or dex to wear better items? Especially with Sorceress, while i have to put most of my level in energy... i really dont get it. its only one flaw of this mod i found so far. Everything else is great and fun to play, but those stats requirements...
boozek
Son of Lucion
738 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
TheNewbie wrote:I really like the mod, seems great and rly i am in love with it, but one thing worries me... how i am supposed to get such stats like 500 str or dex to wear better items? Especially with Sorceress, while i have to put most of my level in energy... i really dont get it. its only one flaw of this mod i found so far. Everything else is great and fun to play, but those stats requirements...

Next time please use Short Questions Thread.

1. You can use -% requirements Runes/Jewels/MO in that item to lower its requirements
2. You can put P. Gems or Runes for %Dex/Str in other Items sockets
3. You can get more Charms for Dex/Str stats
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Also, Honorific items can really help as well, but you will need alot of gold for that.
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Sorry man, i am new to this forum and median xl sigma, just thought this cathegory will be fine.

Talking about stats i think it still wont give me enough stats, those bonuses are minor... and also instead of placing the gems and stuff i really need like resists or mf, i gotta place everything for stats only... its quite bad system to me. Classic diablo2 was doing it perfectly - you still needed some str/dex but it didnt overwhelmed you. Here i try my best and instead of increasing my dmg with energy, i gotta put most of my points into dex or str in order to get 450+ with gems,jewels, runes, charms...
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
An end-game character that is focused on strength can reach 6000 strength. You can also look at this cool item here:
Gotterdammerung
Gotterdammerung
Great Axe (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 496 to 673
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
Thunderfury
Area Effect Attack
50% Attack Speed
Adds 250-400 Damage
+200% Enhanced Damage
Requirements +800%
Ragh nar Rook
Socketed (6)
. The 500 str/dex requirements you're talking about are not a problem at all. Classic diablo 2 had a system where you need 20 str and 20 dex to reach requirements and then put everything into vitality. Here we have high requirement, high reward items and it matters if you actually allocate all your points into str/dex to improve your damage, so let's not talk about perfect systems, shall we? A mid-game character might need to allocate some points into str/dex, but not a significant amount. An end-game character might need none at all despite high requirements. From the way you are talking about these things, I get the impression you are still in the early game. Go get more charms. Go make a honorific item with resistances and +str/dex. Mo more resistances on your rings/amulet. Put -requirements on the item you can't wear. Yes, you need to involve some time into actually making your character work.
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
An end-game character means the one who has finished most of (or all) uberquests and bosses and reached the max level? Well, i am not supposed to make almost any uberquest with tier 2 items (and some 3) because i cant wear any tier 4 item and most of tier 3 due to lack of stats. I found that Barbarian is the best for that, i had no issues with him due to mountain king skill and everything into str/dex, so i had tier 4 Bul Kathos' Teaching in act 3 nightmare. But Sorceress while i need lots of energy for spell damage? It doesnt seem possible to me. Or i gotta enter Hell difficulty with mostly tier 2 items... and die after 2 shots from random mob lol :D

Classic Diablo 2 system, i mean, you still needed like 80 str in order to wear some armor, or even 100+, and it was fair, you didnt need to put every gem etc etc for stats. In Median i am forced to focus on stats and put every single gem, rune, jewel, mystic orb to increase stats, also find suitable charms. I cant build my character otherwise, i gotta put everything for stats because the game forces me to. Thats pretty bad to me.

I really enjoy playing Median but whenever i find something cool that i cant wear it makes me sad...
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TheNewbie wrote:An end-game character means the one who has finished most of (or all) uberquests and bosses and reached the max level? Well, i am not supposed to make almost any uberquest with tier 2 items (and some 3) because i cant wear any tier 4 item and most of tier 3 due to lack of stats. I found that Barbarian is the best for that, i had no issues with him due to mountain king skill and everything into str/dex, so i had tier 4 Bul Kathos' Teaching in act 3 nightmare. But Sorceress while i need lots of energy for spell damage? It doesnt seem possible to me. Or i gotta enter Hell difficulty with mostly tier 2 items... and die after 2 shots from random mob lol :D

Classic Diablo 2 system, i mean, you still needed like 80 str in order to wear some armor, or even 100+, and it was fair, you didnt need to put every gem etc etc for stats. In Median i am forced to focus on stats and put every single gem, rune, jewel, mystic orb to increase stats, also find suitable charms. I cant build my character otherwise, i gotta put everything for stats because the game forces me to. Thats pretty bad to me.

I really enjoy playing Median but whenever i find something cool that i cant wear it makes me sad...

Everyone has the same game to play. Trust me. Just play and do what these guys recommend you. Horazon focus charm will give you +20 allstats - akarat aswell. + Tal rasha charm = 20% to all attributes. Why should this mod be easy? If it would be easy everyone would complain that its way too easy to play. Get some gold, make honorifics. Craft jewels. (up to -14% req i think) And you can place points into str as sorc. You dont need to go full energy to play.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Also, fyi OP, elemental sorceress is trash, so much so that the devs are buffing her in 1.4(just look at said announcement).
Edited by HurtSmash404 4 years.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 60
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You are not supposed to wear sacred items until at least you get lvl115 charms, you will have like 250-300 str/dex with 0 point in them, later a lot more, you will need pretty much no or just a little bit of investment to wear them.

This is a naked char, with just charms, and no item equipped or stat points spent. I am still missing ghost trance upgrade on umbaru treasure, and the treasure itself has trash stats. ALso i have 44% bonus to all stats just from charms, so any stat you spend will be boosted by this.
► Show Spoiler
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
HurtSmash404 wrote:Also, fyi OP, elemental sorceress is trash, so much so that the devs are buffing her in 1.4(just look at said announcement).

Yeah i have Fire/Lightning Sorceress and i have noticed it's not doing good. Way weaker than Barbarian in my opinion. Spells need enormous amount of mana and dont do as much as expected. Thats why i think that i need more points into energy, because her spells look weak.

Manu300000 wrote:Everyone has the same game to play. Trust me. Just play and do what these guys recommend you. Horazon focus charm will give you +20 allstats - akarat aswell. + Tal rasha charm = 20% to all attributes. Why should this mod be easy? If it would be easy everyone would complain that its way too easy to play. Get some gold, make honorifics. Craft jewels. (up to -14% req i think) And you can place points into str as sorc. You dont need to go full energy to play.

I know, thats why i am asking the forum. You talk about uberquests charms, and i cant make almost any uberquest with tier 2 gear... and elemental Sorceress seems rly bad, as HurtSmash404 mentioned.

Istaryu wrote:You are not supposed to wear sacred items until at least you get lvl115 charms, you will have like 250-300 str/dex with 0 point in them, later a lot more, you will need pretty much no or just a little bit of investment to wear them.

I didnt even mean sacred items, i just mean tier 4 uniques for example, many of them need 400-500+ stats in order to wear. And while Barbarian needs mostly str, Sorceress needs str+dex, because many items for her require high dex, other items high str.

Here for example cool Sorceress armor (Wisdom's Wrap) needs around 400 dex: https://prnt.sc/qjm482
While cool boots (Wake of Destruction) needs almost 300 str: http://prntscr.com/qjm5pi

I have to put most of my stats into str/dex and every gem, rune, jewel etc etc for stats too in order to wear them when i enter Hell difficulty? Luckily they have -req at start, else they would need way more stats :D