Σ 1.4 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
lavasoft
Jungle Hunter
28 | 13
My game crashed and I got this error shortly after killing baal on Hell. Char was saved so it's all good, just letting it be known.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
1 bug I encountered:

When you use a channeled skill and try to teleport away, the animation plays, but you will neither actually teleport nor use mana, basically wasting frames as you are stuck in the animation. I assume it has to do with the ending animation of the channel not being finished, but walking away works just fine and comes instantly as if you cancel the ending animation once you begin walking. It's quite a huge problem considering that channeled skills are already weaker due to their nature of needing to stand still.

And one suggestions: I'd suggest you rework the SMG skill. Honestly, I think it's broken. You fire rapidly with quite a huge weapon damage percentage and have a range of somewhere around 2 screens away and you also knock back enemies.

► Show Spoiler

However it has huge downsides. For example the width of the projectiles is meh. I like using the skill, but on one side it's too strong and on one side it's too weak. So I have 3 suggestions to choose from:
Option 1) leave it as it is and keep it as a gap filler skill for builds that can't really do much without some ranged attack.
Option 2, complete rework) Extend the width of the projectile or let it fire 3 projectiles in the direction you're facing that can't hit the same target at the same time (in order to avoid abusing it against big enemies), half its range and reduce the weapon damage from 40% to 30%. Remove the knockback and add a missile animation.
Option 3, slight rework) Let it give you a 40% movement speed bonus once you stop casting for up to 3 seconds (duration increases with skill level to a max of 3 seconds). I'd suggest the same for the seer druid channeled skill. Also, increase the mana cost.

On a different note: I think the avoid on the Assa class charm is kinda weird. I mean every assa maxes perfect being anyway. Can't you just move those 5% over to perfect being in order to make some space for some other useful stat?
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
if you haven't done the act 1 quest to enable the hiring of rogues, Keshia will sometimes not let you revive yours
Nucleus42
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
When I die at any point in hell, about 80% of the time my weapon is unequipped when I respawn. No major issues as you can easily reequip it. It's an annoyance more than anything else as everything else is equipped.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nucleus42 wrote:When I die at any point in hell, about 80% of the time my weapon is unequipped when I respawn. No major issues as you can easily reequip it. It's an annoyance more than anything else as everything else is equipped.

It's most likely due to a skill that gives additional stats. Like the storm amazon passive that adds dexterity with skill levels. Because usually the game checks whether you can equip everything at once when you respawn. But the bonuses of additional +skill levels will only add up once all items are finished equipping, unlike bonus stats that are directly on items like +50 strength. So if you have a passive that adds more stats with additional skill levels, your equipment doesn't equip properly.

It's a known bug and probably not that easy to fix. I'd suggest you either invest more stat points so you can equip it without all the +skill level bonuses or you use your weapon switch twice in order to fix it quickly if it annoys you that much.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Regarding the bug I already spoke about:

► Show Spoiler

When you use SMG, walk a little and then try to teleport within about 1- 1,5 seconds, the same issue happens. You won't teleport, your mana won't be used but you will be stuck in the casting animation, wasting frames.

Feedback regarding Batstrike:

I personally think it's quite broken, just like SMG. The usefulness of the charges vary though. The first charge is basically only there to spread poison damage over most of the screen, as it's pretty weak on its own. The second charge spawns Bats, that have their own issues. For example when you teleport, your bats will always walk in the opposite direction of your teleport unless there are enemies around. But even if there are enemies around, somtimes they just walk past them and become usless as a means for redirecting incoming damage. And the third charge is so ridiculously strong, killing some bosses instantaneously.

Here's the number of issues Batstrike has:
- You don't get a charge when you don't hit the enemy. This makes the skill really random. There are lots of flashy effects on the screen and you can't always see how many charges you actually have. It doesn't help that you don't get a buff symbol in the bottom left corner to see how many charges you have. Letting you gain a charge regardless of how successful the attack was would already greatly benefit this skill.
- The bat's AI is really bad. The worst part imho is the bats staying together on 1 stack after teleporting. That's good for bosses when you teleport on them, but it isn't for general gameplay, where you want your summons to spread out. I really like that they can fly nevertheless.
- They always run backwards from the point you teleport to. In some cases this can be incredibly good (for running away from a huge stack of enemies) and in some cases it can be incredibly bad (for general gameplay. You use teleport to get faster through the levels, all of a sudden your bats are 2 screens away and you're on your own yet again until they decide to teleport back to you)
- Bats are really slow. Seeing how other minions can walk pretty fast, they feel more like snails than bats. It also makes them walk to their target position first (in case there's no enemy around) and ignore any enemies around, which makes it easy for them to just run away while the player gets swarmed. This would happen less often if they were faster.
- Coup de Grace is too powerful. It's great against bosses, but as a skill for heaps of enemies it's quite bad, since you first have to actually hit the enemies 3 times (even in later stages of the game, you don't always have 95% hit chance despite 50k+ AR) and then you also have to hit the last attack.
- It would be way better to turn this skill into a 3-step attack instead of a 3-charged attack imho. Or you could allow the release attack to release all charges at once (and if you have 2 charges only, you could still make it release both charges at once). Of course you'd have to adjust the damage from Coup de grace.
- I think it's pretty bad that you have to use a normal attack to release the charges. That makes the skill unnessarily harder than it has to be. You should be able to at least trigger Batstrike charges from your innate skill.
- Subterfuge should allow you to summon bats. I haven't tested this, but the skill itself says you can only summon edyrems.

My suggestion:
Regarding the ways and their damage, that nobody uses (I have seen many posts about how waysin is bad, tried it out myself and was baffled to see how bad it is compared to claw block sin), why don't you put all those benefits into 1 uberskill? Or make a new level 50 skill in the reward tree if 90 is too late, that at least merges poison and fire. That way the points you have to spend to get the benefits is more than halved and it's more attractive to use for any sin build.
As an additional benefit, this would free up space to seperate bats from batstrike and make the skill batstrike less random if you add a different way of spreading damage to the 2nd charge.
jesper54321
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
The "Right click to read" thing on oils and stuff is cool tho its not that efficient if u don't remember which oils do what that u can't check it without buying it.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
4 bugs I encountered:

When using Barrier Strike the shuriken also spawn on terrain you can't walk over before disappearing in a split second. You can easily notice that in the Flame River right before Diablo's sanctum. Wouldn't it be better to first check whether they can spawn and then place them?

When you first reach nightmare (and maybe even hell) and finish some quest, the mystic orbs will get their price reduced as if you had killed radament already even though you haven't. It's also only for act 1. Once you kill andariel and before you kill Radament, the mystic orbs in act 1 have the discount, but in act 2 they are full-price. And when you kill Radament the mystic orbs in act 1 won't be reduced again. Also, as a suggestion, I'd love to see the rewards you get from the quest in the quest description, so everyone can know which quest reduces the prices in act 1 for example and which quests are worthy to do. It would also benefit new players like me who didn't know about the quest rework at first. But I don't know how hard that is to do, so it's probably a suggestion for the far future.

In very rare cases Zolton Kulle in act 2 right before Duriel's lair doesn't spawn. It only happened to me once in nightmare so when it wasn't important but I guess it's a bug nonetheless.

About 1/4th to 1/3rd of the times I try the Gidbinn quest, the guy doesn't spawn when I activate the altar. Maybe he spawns somewhere off the map in the jungle? I have no idea if that's even possible. Maybe letting him spawn directly at the altar would already fix that bug if that was the case.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ParticuLarry wrote:
About 1/4th to 1/3rd of the times I try the Gidbinn quest, the guy doesn't spawn when I activate the altar. Maybe he spawns somewhere off the map in the jungle? I have no idea if that's even possible. Maybe letting him spawn directly at the altar would already fix that bug if that was the case.
the Gidbin bug is as old as Diablo . The only way to do it is to reset the map

Regarding Zolton Kulle , I also had him and his pack spawning over the wall in the next room , if the map was generated in such way that there were very close rooms nearby
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Community > forums - and suddenly all background around content is pitch black. Other parts like Game > documentation - and some act 3 fragment is surounding main content.