General tips for A.Lazarus

Discuss Median XL!
MajorCooke
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hmm, what's the max magic resist you can have? Same as physical (50%)?
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
i attempted to kill him with an xbow necro for 5 hours or so, and failed miserably. usually died to teleport-instant totem spawn-instant tremor-any source of damage combo. i don't think i can kill him with this character so i want to try a different one.

i know assassin was recommended earlier in the thread but i don't like assassin's that much tbh. what else would be a good pick? i was thinking melee sorc, maybe?
Giu
Core Lord
392 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Frytas wrote:i attempted to kill him with an xbow necro for 5 hours or so, and failed miserably. usually died to teleport-instant totem spawn-instant tremor-any source of damage combo. i don't think i can kill him with this character so i want to try a different one.

i know assassin was recommended earlier in the thread but i don't like assassin's that much tbh. what else would be a good pick? i was thinking melee sorc, maybe?

avg necro, necroing a 7 month old post.

anyways have you tried to craft gear for the fight ? wont be the best at it but surely you can get a couple of kills.
ObobXL
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
This guy has killed over 400 Laz in the past couple weeks, so probably a good thing to mimic:

https://median-xl.com/char/hhc-fpal

But it does take a lot of skill and you will die a lot until you figure it out, no matter what build.

The gear highlights are max block from the sword, slows attacker on the shield, cannot be frozen on the chest, and +stats everywhere.
leexun
Stone Warrior
30 | 11
there are several things you may already know about Laz fighting, but I'm sharing these EXP for new players:
- Despite to be a sorcerer, his skills mostly deal physical weapon/spell damage and magic spell damage. you may choose gears involved in physical resist and magic resist (it is rare) to cut his damage, high defense/avoid, block,hit recovery speed and BLOCK CHANCE % will help you stand against him.
- if you are spell caster, summoner or ranger, change the build into melee fighter that have defense, block, hit, avoid. Block chance % is highly recommended
- Life regeneration is better than life pool
- Vampiric Icon (assassin blackroad skill) can destroy the Blackhand Totem, be careful !!!
- slow target worked (not recommend to do this), also slow attaker on
Shield of Hakan II
Shield of Hakan II
Gothic Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (6995 - 7994) to (9190 - 10428)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 600
Required Dexterity: 619
Item Level: 105
1% Base Block Chance
-25% Cast Speed
-50% to Spell Damage
Slows Attacker by 25%
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(2000 to 3000) Defense
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)
, but reflect damage on
Spire of Kehjan
Spire of Kehjan
War Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 63 to 69
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
+(8 to 10) to All Skills
+(101 to 150) Spell Focus
20% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
(25 to 50)% to All Attributes
+250 Life Regenerated per Second
Elemental Resists +(30 to 40)%
+(201 to 250) Life after each Kill
250% Damage Reflected
Requirements -40%
Socketed (6)
not work :) . other slow effect on debuff skills are recommended to use
- Cannot be Frozen is top-most important option. Do not forget it or you will regret
- fighting strategy: when he teleports into your location, comes with retaliate nova, your first attack/skill is interrupted most of the time. You should do a first temp normal attack and then use Purify, or simly run away then cast it
- you are safe to attack the black hand totem if they are blue. when they are grey, means close to the boss, you will be cursed if kill it
- black hand totem cannot kill player except you are cursed by its spell
- finally, the quest is at 130lvl, though you may notice that the area level is 140. That means the boss and his minions are at 140lvl, and you are easily to get hit due to level difference. Consults Defense and Block for more info. I highly recommend you to do this quest when you've reached 140 (for standard player), or if you are exceptionally daring or suicidal
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Giu wrote:avg necro, necroing a 7 month old post.

:D figured I might as well instead of making a new one, since it's still relevant as the fight has not changed.

i have not crafted gear specifically for laz, but i did respec into full vit, extra potion healing from chemistry + crossbow passive, 50% DR, 17k life, max death ward so some %avoid, no melee devotion or magic resist. still though, i mostly died to that aforementioned combo which if he happens to pull off, i don't think can be survived, not with this character anyway.

thx for the tips, i'll try fighting him again at some point, for now i'm back to farming for a bit