Clawsin question

Discuss Median XL!
Ploutox
Fallen
1 | 0
I've started playing median last season, and I'm enjoying very much so far. On the recent 1.4 starter tier list thread, I've seen the clawsin build listed as very starter friendly, which got me interested in trying it out.

However, I keep hearing that claw block is very good. What confuses me is that the claw block buff comes from artificer mastery, which itself has a very steep cost to be unlocked.

Does that mean you need to invest 45 hard points (15 in incineration/shockwave/catalyst) just to get access to the buff ?
As there are no real guides on this assassin spec, I'm a bit lost as too how to build my character
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's his point of view.
It is not bible.
Assassin is an advanced char , not for newbie in my opinion.
And you can use "Short Questions Thread"
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
when the ways sucked hard it was a sensible option because you did not have many places to spend skillpoints on and needed the dual claws for damage. now I think it's more viable to go ways + shield
Eltrius
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
i started the season with clawsin, and is true, you don't get the fully passive of artificer mastery until 120 to be sure (because cap block of that passive is 45%) gearing dual claw right, but anyway you have enought point to put in claw tree passive, perfect being, the passive in trap tree for max resis (can't remember the name) and PC, the rest in blink and Shadow refuge, now i'm kind of stuck, someone leave me a TLDR guide and trying to follow it but some ubers are kind of slow, need more gear or at least change all TU i think, good build for bosses but the low HP is a big cons
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
nodoubt0322 wrote:It's his point of view.
It is not bible.
Assassin is an advanced char , not for newbie in my opinion.
And you can use "Short Questions Thread"

Short questions thread gets overlooked every now and then.

Let the mods police the forum.
reeses_007
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Look at the basic outline Syphery posted here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45926&start=10

This has been my experience thus far with Clawsin regarding to what's been mentioned:

--Yes, you do have to drop 15pts into each trap skill -- fortunately you don't need many point in the claw tree (outside of maxing Shadow Dancer).

--Shadow Refuge is a must have - eventually it should be a 1pt skill and still be able to achieve 50% Physical Resist.

--Ways isn't super useful in my experience. Having the movement boost with Beacon is nice to have.

--Dual claws vs claw & board kind of depends. I've enjoyed having my stat stick (Xis Dawn) in my offhand more than using hexward, but might be a different story if you're able to achieve max block with shield to free up all the extra skill points to pump into Batstrike (for more Noctule DMG), prismatic cloak, blink, etc.

--Keep in mind that offensive stats DO NOT apply with your offhand (i.e Enhanced Damage, Crushing Blow, etc.)

Just responding to a few points raised here, but if you have any questions or need anything specific feel free to give me a shout.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
I would never suggest Assassin to new players.
Claw block was good back in the Brother Laz days of Median (when not restricted to trap builds, and scaling off dex), not so much now.

Check dates of any info you research, Median has changed a lot over the last decade. Don't read Median 08 info and try to play the current patch accordingly.
reeses_007
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Knight_Saber wrote:I would never suggest Assassin to new players.
Claw block was good back in the Brother Laz days of Median (when not restricted to trap builds, and scaling off dex), not so much now.

Check dates of any info you research, Median has changed a lot over the last decade. Don't read Median 08 info and try to play the current patch accordingly.

I agree sin should be avoided by new players, however, claw block is NOT restricted to trap builds, nor does it scale off dex. While you do have to dump a decent amount into trap skills, this in no way affects the viability of the build.
Syphery
Lava Lord
99 | 175
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Multiplayer Badge
Has won 3 multiplayer contests
Great Skill Badge
Highly trained Warrior
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Knight_Saber wrote:Claw block was good back in the Brother Laz days of Median (when not restricted to trap builds, and scaling off dex), not so much now.

https://gyazo.com/e7f091004dd24cb606332cc02adc065a

https://gyazo.com/4191551b4322eda660235c3bc0f409ff

yeah clawblock really is not good nowdays Kappa.

the advantage clawblock has over a regular shield is, it doesnt scale off dexterity so u dont have to bother stacking 2much of it early into the game and it also blocks spells not only meele attacks which makes it way better for the current late game content (labs,samael etc) since it cant be reduced too

i started the season with clawsin, and is true, you don't get the fully passive of artificer mastery until 120 to be sure (because cap block of that passive is 45%)

every sin starts getting access to clawblock at lvl 96 and finishes 45% block only a few lvls later. lvl 120 is not required
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Syphery wrote:
Knight_Saber wrote:Claw block was good back in the Brother Laz days of Median (when not restricted to trap builds, and scaling off dex), not so much now.

https://gyazo.com/e7f091004dd24cb606332cc02adc065a

https://gyazo.com/4191551b4322eda660235c3bc0f409ff

yeah clawblock really is not good nowdays Kappa.

the advantage clawblock has over a regular shield is, it doesnt scale off dexterity so u dont have to bother stacking 2much of it early into the game and it also blocks spells not only meele attacks which makes it way better for the current late game content (labs,samael etc) since it cant be reduced too

i started the season with clawsin, and is true, you don't get the fully passive of artificer mastery until 120 to be sure (because cap block of that passive is 45%)

every sin starts getting access to clawblock at lvl 96 and finishes 45% block only a few lvls later. lvl 120 is not required

Syph, is it possible to get claw block and still go for dex+ shield for shield blocking as well?