Is Druid's Rend bugged?

Discuss Median XL!
zergiu
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi all,

I've been trying to play as a druid recently but saw a weird damage balance using the "Rend" skill.

While it supposed to have 50% weapon damage it was incredibly over-powered, or so it seemed from the eyes of a new player.
I literally killed the Blood Raven in like 3-4 hits and all the monsters are instantly killed. Huge difference from the normal attack, which supposed to be 50% stronger.
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thank you,
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it shoots spikes , that deal 50% weapon damage . each
zergiu
Skeleton
2 | 0
OK, that makes sense then. But even so, this does seem to be quite powerful for a second tier skill. Will it be balanced later in the game, or other skills are the same?

Sorry in advance for the noob question.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
zergiu wrote:OK, that makes sense then. But even so, this does seem to be quite powerful for a second tier skill. Will it be balanced later in the game, or other skills are the same?

Sorry in advance for the noob question.

It's normal that tier 1 and 2 abilities fill the main damage role of a build, honestly I doubt that Rend will get touched but who knows. It's not exactly as overpowered as you might think, since rend bear is a bit hard to gear in the end-game. Plenty of other melee builds certainly have an easier time doing the same damage.