Like using psn builds, but curare, snake stance, plague, and wots don't seem to be what they used to be...

Discuss Median XL!
Haplo
Heretic
409 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I played mxl at various times throughout the last decade and I've always been a fan of psn builds.
Are there any that are good right now? What do you think is best?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
If you are planning to use poison passives for leveling and farming crowded areas , they are still decent.

If you are planning to use them versus bosses , they will be almost worthless and you must take another element for them
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Poison used to be a good cheese vs immunity shields. Easiest way to kill quov tsin (when he was the hardest boss in Median) was to roll a hpally with plague, get killed and get lucky applying psn damage to it during getting killed. There were some loopholes in the engine that allowed it even though the boss had 1000% poison resistance - total immune, impossible to break this immunity in any normal way.

And plague back then used to deal over 1 million damage. It had a huge duration so DPS was still rather low, but it worked with this way of killing bosses. You just waited dead while boss health dropped, eventually reaching 0. Release, pick up loot.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Poison sor maybe? At least can do Uldyssia and Giyua....
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
cnlnjzfjb wrote:Poison sor(ceres?)
the topic is about passives, poison damage to weapon, not poison spell casters
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I tried poisorc not much time back there..... it's really sucked cock compared to any other sorc. At least in term of single-target from it's own tree. Rework of arachnomancy didn't work and flamestrike+no pierce at 1 point was dealing much higher damage per sec/cast than maxed arachno+full pierce.. i was really-really disappointed there 'cause i thought poison sorc will finally get viable single target. instead we lost one some good farming skill in exchange for weak parody on single target.
As for topic - i'm still thinking there is no any way to make WDM-poison working good except for super-high-end gear and all charms. Otherwise it get outshined very good by even weakest start builds like nagisin.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1073 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Curare is said to be able to do the 135 fight. I tried it with melee nec and bow ama, not perfect gears and charms, failed in nec (Scythe bd and Grandfather bd) but saw a chance in ama.
If you just want to say or ask if these skills are as good as before....yeah, they are weaker, or much weaker, than before.
kris441
Gravedigger
194 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I was bored this season and tested some poison build , amazon pounce and shunpo assas and poison sorc .For the ama i was using the poison set and Serenthia's Scorn with great runes .I can say that poison is really not good, the worst of all elements , you can farm dunc and k3k , fautz really slow , but it's no fun at all.I hope that the team will do some changes in near future and make poison great again .(i think that they have fear that poison will be abused as back in the days )
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Would it be that terrible to make all psn damage values be damage per sec? Like 600 poison damage over 4 seconds becomes 600 poison damage per second for 4 seconds? And then have all sources add dps value, but still average duration.

I feel like just that change would make poison viable, but not super OP. It would still take a good amount of investment to hit serious damage numbers... I'm sure 200k dps would be possible but that still isn't that much.
Haplo
Heretic
409 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I was honestly referring to ANY poison build lol. When I used to play way back when, sorc's poison cows and shit were super fun and good but were definitely not the most OP of the builds available. Old curare and plague, maybe they were a bit much in regards to one-hitting things dying happily bc you know whatever you were fighting is definitely dead, but the 'hit and watch their hp drain' buttons were a satisfying play style.
That said, I guess I'll just have to accept that poison is just not very viable right now :p
THOUGH
the passive from the poison sorc tree seems like it might be dope..
What is the 'crushes enemy' mechanic like?