Throw Barb 2017?

Discuss Median XL!
Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Is there a specific shrine i should use to craft an axe? Also, where is the best place to farm shrines? Ive tried tFauzt but i get maybe 10 shrines a clear if im lucky. Any place better?
diabetiq0
Vampiress
38 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ntf1015 wrote:Is there a specific shrine i should use to craft an axe? Also, where is the best place to farm shrines? Ive tried tFauzt but i get maybe 10 shrines a clear if im lucky. Any place better?

Double abandoned or double creepy crafted depends on how are you going to reach 2265 dex. I dont think there are better places to farm shrines other than t fautz.
diabetiq0
Vampiress
38 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Shade wrote:Is there some knack / method for doing the Butcher? I can't find a way to get him onto the pentagram thing without teleport. Or do I need to wait until I get a teleport charm before I can do BR Challenge?

Actually it's not easy staying alive without summoning constantly - then once a pentagram appears... he's attacking them not following me. I tried summoning 1 at a time but that always leads to death since sooner or later he spots me and ignores anything I summon after he's got me in his sights. :(

EDIT Also the TA part killing 2 priestesses within 30 seconds without teleport will be hard?
I tried Terror Fauzt and he seemed to take a lot of damage but he was only about level 100 at the time and wasn't able to use Stampede yet, maybe I'll go try that again now I'm about to hit 120 and Stampede works well. Any tips would be much appreciated.

For butcher part, its AI targets you and the area is small so it wont leave you. To make him target another minion of yours, you should summon your minion on top of him when you are half a screen away. It may be wrong but this is how i did it always.
Shade
|
Thanks to all, I got the BRC quests done. Phew.

In the end, for the butcher the simplest way worked. I didn't use teleport at all, I just summoned and when I had no summons left I ran away until I had a sec to summon another. When a pentagram came up I ran behind it and hoped he would follow...

Sometimes he was too busy with summons and the pentagram expired, but sometimes he wasn't and came to where he was attackable for a short time and I could get a bit of damage - usually about 1/4 to 1/3 of his life.

All in all, took about 2-3 mins I guess.

TA was interesting. First time I just had too much damage so...

I had to get rid of all summons and buffs, merc too.
    Then I carefully cleared the area between them, making sure not to draw/kill either.
    Then I tried to draw the priestesses together without killing them - again, no teleport.
    As I finished clearing the corridor leading to the cold one I saw her appear, so I ran fast as I could so she didn't follow too early before the other one was clear.
    Then I went back and drew the lightning one. She followed me all the way and I could kill both within 30 secs.

Killing them is not that easy with no helpers and all the phalanxes they throw up, but barb has enough def to get through it.

If they don't follow all the way I could always press run if I needed to - barb has a lot of speed and could prob run between the two and kill the 2nd one in under 30 secs if necessary (as long as the in-between area is cleared as mentioned above).

All in all, simpler than trying to use teleports. But thx for all the thoughts/input - I'm now a happy Thundergod user :)
Spoily
Destroyer
6 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So if I use FAl/Xis RW in helm for Crane STance Barb, am I pretty much good on IAS? I was looking at Speed Calc and it doesn't offer any BP above 125, so is 9Frames the maximum for Throw?

Also, since Khazra Plate is a little more rare than a greater mana potion, what armor should my Crane Stance Barb use until I can sell my body enough to afford a Khazra plate?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2341 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
with 16%DR (1%DR from oil of luck)
Spoily
Destroyer
6 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Thanks, Prime. What kind of Jewels should I be using? FHR/FRW/LL%?
Shade
|
aerial wrote:If you want damage, just put 66 points into spirit tree (assuming you get 31% ed from maxed shamanic trance).
That is 2046%, after that it is capped, so more points is wasted.
No downside, pure ewd, and use another stance (crane stance will give you 600-700ed, 20% dodge, and costs 0 points).

I'm currently trying this approach and wondering: is it worth putting many points in Spirit Walk?

I'm thinking (probably wrong lol) that the cooldown on SW will be at 0 wherever we put the points in the Spirit Tree, so the only reason to put more in SW is for the stance radius.

With just 1 pt in SW and +skills it says "extra 20 yds stance radius" but it's not easy to see how big that is in terms of screen size. I tried testing using a few skills on other classes and I think the vertical height of the screen is about 14 yards maybe??? if that's true then an EXTRA 20 yds is... loads more than we need, way off-screen?

EDIT: ignore the bit in the spoiler, Jampula cleared this up in the post below (thanks).
► Show Spoiler

So this is a bit of a guess, but is there a case for putting the Spirit tree points as:

smax Shamanic Trance
    1pt Spirit Walk
    Max some of the summons (maybe not the bloodlust one if using another source on switch?) to get to 66 points

EDIT: I know aerial said the summons are not useful for his barb which kills too fast for them to make a difference, but mine isn't that great yet so he would probably benefit from some helpers/shields.
Edited by Shade 6 years.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wolf Stance has no radius without Spirit Walk or items with "Enchanced radius" -modifier. And Wolf Stances synergy from SW is only that enchanced radius, nothing else. Base lvl means indeed "hard points" (skills you click on it, no +skills) on Wolf Stance.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
yes spirit walk is a 1pt skill