Anyone found a new 1.5 build they actually enjoy playing?

Discuss Median XL!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I've tried 4 so far and got tired of all of them pretty fast:

Build: Poison throw barb
Reason: LMB skills (due to stances forced to be on RMB). RSI issues (for me anyway).
(also very clunky that the innate barb Titan Strike skill also has to be on RMB). They need to fix this imo.

Build: Neutraldin (not a new build, but new for me)
Reason: Not fun constantly trying to keep up 7 buffs.

Build: Maelstrom assassin
Reason: Not new for me, played before, few changes so felt like deja vu.

Build: Javazon
Reason: I've not played it before. But I realised quickly that 20% buff to Fairy Ring was not going turn this into a good build.

Can anyone mention any new build that they are really having fun with?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think that if you've already played 4 builds within 1 week, you haven't actually played 4 builds yet to the point where they actually are builds.

I can say, though, that even with the oskill buffs, a lot of them still need quite a bit more.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Guided Chain Necro. Rolled o-skill on a long war bow with decent weird-shrine rolls. Using VK as tank, hitting big damage and leech with Famine (all stats into dex). Lawlz build but having fun :D. Can easily farm all 115 content so far.

As soon as I find a sacred battle axe i'll swap into a melee fire spec and reap huge def rewards from deathlord. Probably use whirpool as main skill, with some other support skill.
Edited by Semigloss 4 years.
palazon
Prowler
19 | 1
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Whirlpool baba. Run around with wolfstance and tapping mobs and leaving them to die behind. Kills bosses pretty good too.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crash wrote:I think that if you've already played 4 builds within 1 week, you haven't actually played 4 builds yet to the point where they actually are builds.

I can say, though, that even with the oskill buffs, a lot of them still need quite a bit more.

This 100%. If you’re expecting instant gratification then this may not be the mod for you. I’d encourage you to get one build up to lvl 120 or so which shouldn’t take long and try out some of the end game content.

There’s an ATMG sin build being run by TGFalcon which looks like a lot of fun.
Boban
Sasquatch
62 | 3
I completely disagree about java. Thats my first attempt too and I find her very potent and fun to play. I initially went for Curare (yes, Curare) and Vasily's set and she could even facetank Duncraig and had good clearspeed, Teganze was also a breeze. Now I have her gear switched and she can do all 125s with no real problem (unless I clearly screw up), haven't tried 130s yet, but I'm confident she will do fine. Will probably have to switch to Paragon though.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Playing a trinity beam paladin atm, very unique and cool build with tons of potential
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I should probably have said "standard builds" (that don't need oskills) mainly because oskills are late-game (so I'd need to do a lot of playing on some character before I can even use them).

To be fair, I don't believe that I need to play a build to 125 to know if I'm getting repetitive strain injury (RSI) from playing it, as I was with the barb needing to do almost everything with LMB. Or to decide that I find the neutraldin play style boring, running around trying to maintain 7 buffs. Once I have all the skills, I know how a build that uses standard skills is going to feel in terms of playstyle, so at that stage I know enough to decide (it's not about how well the build can do, or what content it can clear etc, but how satisfying/painful it is to play).

The only one I didn't give a fair crack of the whip was probably the javazon. I might give that another go.
Tauric
Destroyer
7 | 0
I used to play a long long time ago and there were tons of variations of builds that were successful. Most of them have been nerfed , or have to have very select gear now to be good. I've yet to find a build I really enjoy playing.
And I have 5 chars 120-135 that mess around with.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
If you like the Neutraldin way but not the buffs, try an "Lazy UHM" or Easydin https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49812

I also putted 1pt in Scourge which help in some areas .... atm 129 with similar skilling and equipment as in the video above but only 100 signets used until now and doing Fauzt with TU4 boots because of MF :wink: