Is it possible to get older versions of median xl?

Discuss Median XL!
nimblebob22
Fallen
1 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello All,

I have been playing a little bit of single player, and I was wondering if there was away to to download past versions of median xl?
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
Yes. On Moddb website. Why would you want the older versions though? You can mule with Single Player chars through TCP/IP.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
adiabloplayer wrote:Yes. On Moddb website. Why would you want the older versions though? You can mule with Single Player chars through TCP/IP.

Some people like playing the old versions for many different reasons.

For example to play a build that no longer exists.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Ekital wrote:
adiabloplayer wrote:Yes. On Moddb website. Why would you want the older versions though? You can mule with Single Player chars through TCP/IP.

That's exactly what people are looking for in vintage Median versions. Builds like hermanubis reanimator, old plaguedin (3m damage), invincible barb from 2008, or just about any kind of assasin, as that class was incredibly overpowered for almost entire LAZ median era.

I'd say 1.D9 was the most balanced patch to play singleplayer. Other notable examples are 1.99d, 1.F9 and 1.Z9. MXL Ultimative also had few appealing patches, and Median 2017 was the last "classic Median" release where PlugY still worked and the game ran on old pre-sigma core.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor

Older versions are way more fun depending on the person.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
You don't need to bother with TCP/IP for anything that predates Sigma 1.0. Plugy shared stash works on all Median versions except Sigma.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Conquest wrote:
Ekital wrote:

That's exactly what people are looking for in vintage Median versions. Builds like hermanubis reanimator, old plaguedin (3m damage), invincible barb from 2008, or just about any kind of assasin, as that class was incredibly overpowered for almost entire LAZ median era.

I'd say 1.D9 was the most balanced patch to play singleplayer. Other notable examples are 1.99d, 1.F9 and 1.Z9. MXL Ultimative also had few appealing patches, and Median 2017 was the last "classic Median" release where PlugY still worked and the game ran on old pre-sigma core.

Laz seemed to love Assassins. 1.F9 was my favorite, pouncesin. :hammer:
Ywinel
Pit Knight
108 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Not worrying about game engine limits was actually good side of old median. It may have been not the most balanced one to play but there were a lot of fun builds which are dead today. I loved old proc builds and reanimators(reanimators are actually not dead, just slightly harder to make but they can be done)

But sigma in current state is not so bad. It was quiet bad with first release where so many old builds were killed but with new patch more and more things are being rebalance and brought back to living. Since even oskills were reworked I hope same thing will happen with procs soon. In current mod state they are pretty bad