Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
misscarriage wrote:
Wulf wrote:
misscarriage wrote:I’ve been wondering about this for a while, and it’s related to this topic:
let’s say we have two different bases, and both have SU, SSU and SSSU variants. Does each respective variant of both items have an equal chance to drop? Say, is the drop chance of item A SSSU and item B SSSU the same?

No you have a much higher chance to get SU.
iirc, in a 120 zone, its like 80-85% chance Su, 15-20% SSU. No idea for SSSU in a lvl130 zone, but I expect its much rarer, like under 5-10%.

Not my question

If an item have 2 SSU variants (like mentioned above in docs Flamen)- they have the same chance to roll... but first the SU Flammen itself must be rolled as SSU and not SU.

PS: Overall ratio of SSU/SSSU were 1/4 and 1/10 in Ultimative. There wasn't mentioned any changes to it through changelogs so i guess it's still same.

PSS: The reason why Tyr is sooooo rare is because it have to pass 3 least possible random rolls in whole game: first of all sacred base AA must drop, second - it must roll as unique and third - it must pass a 10% chance of becoming a SSSU (and we all know that RNG when 10% chance feeling like it's at most 1%). And it also bound to high level areas.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
misscarriage wrote:I’ve been wondering about this for a while, and it’s related to this topic:
let’s say we have two different bases, and both have SU, SSU and SSSU variants. Does each respective variant of both items have an equal chance to drop? Say, is the drop chance of item A SSSU and item B SSSU the same?

This is a good question which I've been wondering about as well. Logically it would seem that the lower stat requirement bases would be dropped more commonly, i.e. Quilted Armor would drop more commonly than Ancient Armor across the board. I think that in a large sample size this would likely prove true, the vast majority of us will have more Quilted Armors drop than Ancient Armors of all types.

And yet when we look at the Season 23 Stats viewtopic.php?t=49354 we see that Natalya's Deception, (an ilvl 120 SSU), dropped 24 times while Khazra Plate, (an ilvl 120 SSU) dropped 68 times. Clearly Nat's is the lower stat requirement base, and I would assume the more commonly found base item of these two options. That said, it dropped close to 1/3 of the times that Khazra Plate dropped. I can only conclude that either the RNG played a powerful role here and Plate just happened to roll almost 3x more than Nat's, or certain items are weighted differently to roll at the SSU/SSSU level. Would be great to hear from a Dev on this subject as it's got me curious.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
There are no posted % for each ssu / sssu but some are way rarer than others. Some are as low as 1/100-150 for like Spirit walker /Natalya's Deception that makes them very rare despite dropping all the time. Azurewrath / Tyrone / Awakening are probably in 1 / 200-300's tho i doubt actual numbers will be posted for general pubic.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crosby4HyG wrote:

This is a good question which I've been wondering about as well. Logically it would seem that the lower stat requirement bases would be dropped more commonly, i.e. Quilted Armor would drop more commonly than Ancient Armor across the board. I think that in a large sample size this would likely prove true, the vast majority of us will have more Quilted Armors drop than Ancient Armors of all types.

And yet when we look at the Season 23 Stats viewtopic.php?t=49354 we see that Natalya's Deception, (an ilvl 120 SSU), dropped 24 times while Khazra Plate, (an ilvl 120 SSU) dropped 68 times. Clearly Nat's is the lower stat requirement base, and I would assume the more commonly found base item of these two options. That said, it dropped close to 1/3 of the times that Khazra Plate dropped. I can only conclude that either the RNG played a powerful role here and Plate just happened to roll almost 3x more than Nat's, or certain items are weighted differently to roll at the SSU/SSSU level. Would be great to hear from a Dev on this subject as it's got me curious.

Nat deception were SSSU before Sigma... maybe it is still counted as an SSSU in term of roll chance (1/10 instead of usual SSUs 1/4) but moved to SSU ilvl because there is simply just 2 quilted armor variants?. While Khazra were SSU in pre-Sigma and so it is here. But there was also SSSU Mercenary bomb that were as rare as Tyr currently.

PS: Or this maybe specifically to how Dunc drop bias working towards more "strong" bases instead of any sacred bases at all. You more likely will find Quilted armor of sacred tier in other places like TA/K3K/Teganze/Wherever than in Dunc.

PPS: Here is what i am about. Digged it from the deepest and darkest forum places: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3497
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
SU/SSU/SSSU classification is quite vague and it's rather about item base level than anything else, but even then it's not consistent and there might be some exceptions from the rule, e.g. base level for
Hand of Rathma
Hand of Rathma
Wand (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 35 to 36
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 166
Item Level: 125
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Dexterity)%
+1% Maximum Elemental Resists per Totem of that Element
+1.5% Physical Resist per Resurgence Base Level
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+50% Damage to Undead
-33% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+(76 to 100)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+5000 Defense
Socketed (2)
and
Azgar's Crystal
Azgar's Crystal
Giant Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 42 to 45
Two-Hand Damage: 65 to 67
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 480
Item Level: 130
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
While in Werewolf Form:
Adds 50% of Current Mana as Cold Damage
100% Attack Speed
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
-100% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Maximum Cold Resist +(2 to 5)%
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (4)
is 125. When it comes to a roll chance it's even more confusing and it might be completely different depending on the base item:
Tyrael's Might
Tyrael's Might
Ancient Armor (Sacred)

Defense: 11859 to 14685
Required Level: 130
Ethereal
50% Movement Speed
+100% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
+200% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +15%
Physical Resist 50%
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Celeri Caelesti Iustitia
Socketed (6)
/
Khazra Plate
Khazra Plate
Ancient Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (8603 - 9489) to (10651 - 11748)
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Level 1 Demon Blood Aura
+60% Damage to Demons
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 25)% to Strength
(20 to 25)% to Vitality
Physical Resist 10%
Requirements +200%
Socketed (6)
/
Silks of the Victor
Silks of the Victor
Ancient Armor (Sacred)

Defense: (8603 - 9489) to (10651 - 11748)
Required Strength: 770
Item Level: 105
Level 10 Nephalem Spirit Aura
+1 to All Skills
5% Mana stolen per Hit
+1.125% Enhanced Defense (Based on Character Level)
+(300 to 700) to Life
Physical Resist -5%
Socketed (6)
ratio is 1/40/209, meanwhile
The Awakening
The Awakening
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: 11673 to 14304
Required Level: 130
Required Strength: 690
Ethereal
When Cubed with The Sleep, Enables an Additional Awakening
(The Armor will be Disenchanted by the Recipe)
5% Chance to cast level 50 Banish on Death Blow
+(1 to 4) to All Skills
50% Combat Speeds
-(31 to 35)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+25 Maximum Stamina
Magic Resist +5%
Socketed (6)
/
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8467 - 9339) to (10376 - 11445)
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 120
+3 to All Skills
+1 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(151 to 200)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(51 to 75)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+150 Life Regenerated per Second
+750 to Life
+375 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
/
Robe of Steel
Robe of Steel
Full Plate Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (6692 - 7471) to (8202 - 9156)
Required Strength:
Item Level: 105
+(11 to 20)% Bonus to Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
+(21 to 30)% to Spell Damage
+(115 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+100 to Energy
Elemental Resists +20%
+250 Life after each Demon Kill
50% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -33%
Socketed (6)
ratio is only 1/5/20. That being said, it should be considered on a case-by-case basis, I believe there is no information about the ratio in the official docs (and I took mine from a single player, so it might be different on TSW).
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Scalewinged wrote:PPS: Here is what i am about. Digged it from the deepest and darkest forum places: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3497

Just keep this in mind: