Discuss Median XL!
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Cheno wrote:A bug that can be fixed in less than 5 minutes completely killed your motivation to play median? ohh boy. I don't even bother with a merc on my chars until im level 115. I do agree on the balance though.

Well, it sounds of course silly if you say it that way. But what can I do against feeling frustrated? :D

I usually don't bother with a merc either, but since this build is so squishy and doesn't really have any good boss killer (fragmentation shot & Widowmaker without huge investment were worse than Death Shards. And that skill needs the target to stay in one spot for the sacrifices you lay out, which you can't do if your tanks get killed all the time) it's a real pain without it.

I had to choose between 100+ deaths and slowly walking to blood raven only to then walk back to andy in snail pace. Both didn't feel satisfying at all.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ParticuLarry wrote:
Cheno wrote:A bug that can be fixed in less than 5 minutes completely killed your motivation to play median? ohh boy. I don't even bother with a merc on my chars until im level 115. I do agree on the balance though.

Well, it sounds of course silly if you say it that way. But what can I do against feeling frustrated? :D

I usually don't bother with a merc either, but since this build is so squishy and doesn't really have any good boss killer (fragmentation shot & Widowmaker without huge investment were worse than Death Shards. And that skill needs the target to stay in one spot for the sacrifices you lay out, which you can't do if your tanks get killed all the time) it's a real pain without it.

I had to choose between 100+ deaths and slowly walking to blood raven only to then walk back to andy in snail pace. Both didn't feel satisfying at all.

I'm no expert on xbow necro but it sounds like you're doing something wrong if the first Andariel kill takes more than 100 deaths.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Cheno wrote:I'm no expert on xbow necro but it sounds like you're doing something wrong if the first Andariel kill takes more than 100 deaths.

I feel like you're trying to change the discussion from "fix bug pls" to "You're bad".

Considering that I mostly create my own builds that look fun instead of taking the best build this patch to stomp everything, I'm well aware that those builds are usually lacking in a lot of ways. This time I focused on Death shards and sacrifices, and it turns out it's extremely bad for bossing if you don't max widowmaker. But that wasn't the point I was trying to make with my first post. What I was saying is: the existing bugs kill the fun for new and recurring players. Be it the Catacombs waypoint not activating while walking over it and having to go back to town first before you can activate it, or the Kashya bug, or Mystic orbs in act 1 having a discount in nightmare and destruction while in act 2 they don't (before you kill Radament) or being stuck in casting animation that doesn't do anything after you finish channeling an ability... I could go on. It's never a good fix if the player has to fix it themselves since that interrupts the flow of the game.

There are many bugs I've encountered by myself, reported in the bugs and feedback threads and they weren't fixed yet. Or at least, I don't remember reading anything in the patch notes. And that's one reason why I lost interest (aside from TFS being removed and Relics not offering a good early game basis for oskills)
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ParticuLarry wrote:
Cheno wrote:I'm no expert on xbow necro but it sounds like you're doing something wrong if the first Andariel kill takes more than 100 deaths.

I feel like you're trying to change the discussion from "fix bug pls" to "You're bad".

Considering that I mostly create my own builds that look fun instead of taking the best build this patch to stomp everything, I'm well aware that those builds are usually lacking in a lot of ways. This time I focused on Death shards and sacrifices, and it turns out it's extremely bad for bossing if you don't max widowmaker. But that wasn't the point I was trying to make with my first post. What I was saying is: the existing bugs kill the fun for new and recurring players. Be it the Catacombs waypoint not activating while walking over it and having to go back to town first before you can activate it, or the Kashya bug, or Mystic orbs in act 1 having a discount in nightmare and destruction while in act 2 they don't (before you kill Radament) or being stuck in casting animation that doesn't do anything after you finish channeling an ability... I could go on. It's never a good fix if the player has to fix it themselves since that interrupts the flow of the game.

There are many bugs I've encountered by myself, reported in the bugs and feedback threads and they weren't fixed yet. Or at least, I don't remember reading anything in the patch notes. And that's one reason why I lost interest (aside from TFS being removed and Relics not offering a good early game basis for oskills)

Yea, I realize that I gave that impression, but it was honestly more in regards to your motivation to play median or that lack of motivation. I used to play on various wow private servers and on one server we were incapable of clearing a raid for a month, due to a bug. My group of friends ending up taking a break from said server, partly because of the bug. My point is that having to tp to town to enable a WP or doing a 5 minute quest in order to fix a bug, seems very trivial to me and I find it interesting that it affects you so much but dying more than 100 times to hell Andariel doesn't affect you. I don't understand your perspective, that's why it's interesting to me.
I apologize if I sounded too harsh. Don't get me wrong, they should fix these problems, no doubt about that.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Cheno wrote:Yea, I realize that I gave that impression, but it was honestly more in regards to your motivation to play median or that lack of motivation. I used to play on various wow private servers and on one server we were incapable of clearing a raid for a month, due to a bug. My group of friends ending up taking a break from said server, partly because of the bug. My point is that having to tp to town to enable a WP or doing a 5 minute quest in order to fix a bug, seems very trivial to me and I find it interesting that it affects you so much but dying more than 100 times to hell Andariel doesn't affect you. I don't understand your perspective, that's why it's interesting to me.
I apologize if I sounded too harsh. Don't get me wrong, they should fix these problems, no doubt about that.

Okay, let me try to explain. This will be a long story:

For the past few weeks I've tried thinking of new possible builds, but somehow I lacked the motivation to continue them. And since I usually start completely fresh with every build, that leads to certain fatigue when it comes to the general gameplay you have to get through, which means normal and nightmare, since there's not much interesting stuff to do/see there.

I had this character for a few weeks already, even before 1.6 was released with the idea in mind to continue it at some point. It was at the beginning of hell. Then one day I felt like continueing this build and started it again. I had no issues with any boss on the way, nor the ubers. But then I hit andariel, which killed my VK instantly and I thought: this revival bullshit is so annoying. (Frustration level +1) Thinking that my damage is too low to kill that enemy VK, I gave up for that day and thought to myself: Alright I'll continue tomorrow (since it was late already and I didn't want to waste so much time to kill both her and VK.)

The next day, after I mustered up the desire to continue, I went back to Andariel, this time with VK unsummoned and with a mercenary instead. Bit by bit I took some of Andariels life away, not wanting to give up even though it was a long and boring process. (Frustration level +1) I tried out different skills while fighting her to see if it makes any difference, but it didn't. So I just continued with Death Shards, while reviving the mercenary over and over again for a little more than 10k Gold. Then suddenly I missclick once. Not in the Andariel fight, but in the Kashya menu. (Frustration level +10) In an area where a misclick shouldn't matter. So I was left with 3 choices: Remake the game and wasting more time and gold (frustration level +3), Heading to bloodraven and wasting more time (frustration level +2) or continue trying to kill andariel with the fact in mind that I can only do so little damage until I die against her, alwas scraping away a tiny amount of health as if she was uldyssian until she finally dies. (frustration level +10)

And at this point I thought: Hold on, is this even still fun? Knowing that this build has neither a good boss killer ability, nor a quick way to farm (since it relies on the sacrifices to be placed, which takes more time to do some damage then literally any other build in existance aside from Batstrike sin. Though that might be incorrect since Assassin has a really quick attack speed). Since the combination of all those frustrating mechanics and bugs and the expectation of this build being no good anyway outweighed the fun I expected to have from playing this game, I considered this build not worth my time anymore. Which is a pity because I only made this build to try out Buckshot for bosses.

I agree that many bugs can be overlooked. The waypoint bug for example is now that I know of the solution not an issue anymore. But when I first started playing this game it was already annoying because I consider this wp one of the more important ones in case I die to the boss and forgot to cast a tp, which happens more often to me than I'd like to admit. The solution is quick and doesn't take even 10 seconds. In case of Kashya it's a whole different story though since it takes way too much time to fix it by yourself when you're focused on something you consider important.
SirGoose
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Last night I was trying
Hammer of Jholm
Hammer of Jholm
Great Maul (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 76 to 89
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
While Using Windform:
Adds 3 - 5 Fire Damage per 20 Attributes
Adds 3 - 5 Lightning Damage per 20 Attributes
+200% to Fire and Lightning Spell Damage
-1% to Enemy Fire and Lightning Resists per 60 Attributes
15% Chance to cast level 60 Nova on Melee Attack
15% Chance to cast level 63 Apocalypse on Melee Attack
120% Attack Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+20 to Windform
Requirements +100%
Socketed (6)
with werebear and there seemed to be major desync while in werebear form. I did a little illustration below of whats going on.

Black = werebear form, Green = Druid form, Blue = Faerie fire. Lines = Whirlwind distance

Basically I tested it on a few different servers, even on Seattle were I have the lowest ping it seemed to be exactly the same, in bear I would WW about 1 inch of screen but my faerie fire would show my desync and travel the remaining distance damaging everything in its path. Bear form only seems to whirlwind for about half a second every time but continues out of sync.

While is druid form it looked like a regular whirlwind traveling the distance of my mouse click. (just like the good old barb days)

Hoping another druid can shed some light on this? Seems like such a fun build but cant be played with this desync.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Why don't you give
The Eviscerator
The Eviscerator
Short Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 37 to 38
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 376
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
10% Base Block Chance
Socketed (3)
some other stats? I have idea about giving every boss some unique aura or so that will give this sword extra stats (damage/spd/watever) which will make it abit more usable .
Potentially it only useful in Ureh runs but you won't do a scratch on anything with this so you need to switch your wepen and while you doing so (if you not sorc or summon barb or anything with summons) - you doomed.
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3
Hello,
I want to report 2xbugs I found this morning:
1. Acid Fiends aura doesnt apply minion resist spell increase-might be only the tooltip, but my spell damage stays the same after I equip an item with +minion resisits and have fiends summoned outside the city. The item I equiped was honorific belt with 5xorbs with minion resists.
2. Same item, mo'ed with 5x+poison spell damage gave me only +20% poison damage instead +30%. 5xorbs, each +3% pioson spell damage, doubled thanks to honorific item must be +30%, but the tooltip says "+20%"
Single player btw.

Sorry, if those bugs(?) were reported previously!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
servii wrote:Hello,
I want to report 2xbugs I found this morning:
1. Acid Fiends aura doesnt apply minion resist spell increase-might be only the tooltip, but my spell damage stays the same after I equip an item with +minion resisits and have fiends summoned outside the city. The item I equiped was honorific belt with 5xorbs with minion resists.
2. Same item, mo'ed with 5x+poison spell damage gave me only +20% poison damage instead +30%. 5xorbs, each +3% pioson spell damage, doubled thanks to honorific item must be +30%, but the tooltip says "+20%"
Single player btw.

Sorry, if those bugs(?) were reported previously!

1. Not tested yet but you have to re-summon minions to have their stats updated after you equip minion resist items and they're giving only poison spell damage.
2. Read carefully or update your version - all spd orbs giving 2%, not 3%.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ParticuLarry wrote:
Cheno wrote:Yea, I realize that I gave that impression, but it was honestly more in regards to your motivation to play median or that lack of motivation. I used to play on various wow private servers and on one server we were incapable of clearing a raid for a month, due to a bug. My group of friends ending up taking a break from said server, partly because of the bug. My point is that having to tp to town to enable a WP or doing a 5 minute quest in order to fix a bug, seems very trivial to me and I find it interesting that it affects you so much but dying more than 100 times to hell Andariel doesn't affect you. I don't understand your perspective, that's why it's interesting to me.

Okay, let me try to explain. This will be a long story:

For the past few weeks I've tried thinking of new possible builds, but somehow I lacked the motivation to continue them. And since I usually start completely fresh with every build, that leads to certain fatigue when it comes to the general gameplay you have to get through, which means normal and nightmare, since there's not much interesting stuff to do/see there.

I had this character for a few weeks already, even before 1.6 was released with the idea in mind to continue it at some point. It was at the beginning of hell. Then one day I felt like continueing this build and started it again. I had no issues with any boss on the way, nor the ubers. But then I hit andariel, which killed my VK instantly and I thought: this revival bullshit is so annoying. (Frustration level +1) Thinking that my damage is too low to kill that enemy VK, I gave up for that day and thought to myself: Alright I'll continue tomorrow (since it was late already and I didn't want to waste so much time to kill both her and VK.)

The next day, after I mustered up the desire to continue, I went back to Andariel, this time with VK unsummoned and with a mercenary instead. Bit by bit I took some of Andariels life away, not wanting to give up even though it was a long and boring process. (Frustration level +1) I tried out different skills while fighting her to see if it makes any difference, but it didn't. So I just continued with Death Shards, while reviving the mercenary over and over again for a little more than 10k Gold. Then suddenly I missclick once. Not in the Andariel fight, but in the Kashya menu. (Frustration level +10) In an area where a misclick shouldn't matter. So I was left with 3 choices: Remake the game and wasting more time and gold (frustration level +3), Heading to bloodraven and wasting more time (frustration level +2) or continue trying to kill andariel with the fact in mind that I can only do so little damage until I die against her, alwas scraping away a tiny amount of health as if she was uldyssian until she finally dies. (frustration level +10)

And at this point I thought: Hold on, is this even still fun? Knowing that this build has neither a good boss killer ability, nor a quick way to farm (since it relies on the sacrifices to be placed, which takes more time to do some damage then literally any other build in existance aside from Batstrike sin. Though that might be incorrect since Assassin has a really quick attack speed). Since the combination of all those frustrating mechanics and bugs and the expectation of this build being no good anyway outweighed the fun I expected to have from playing this game, I considered this build not worth my time anymore. Which is a pity because I only made this build to try out Buckshot for bosses.

I agree that many bugs can be overlooked. The waypoint bug for example is now that I know of the solution not an issue anymore. But when I first started playing this game it was already annoying because I consider this wp one of the more important ones in case I die to the boss and forgot to cast a tp, which happens more often to me than I'd like to admit. The solution is quick and doesn't take even 10 seconds. In case of Kashya it's a whole different story though since it takes way too much time to fix it by yourself when you're focused on something you consider important.

I don't get it. If your intention was to test buckshot all along, why even bother forcing yourself to build around the least useful and most complicated skill in that skill tree?