Sorceress Build Questions for Bossing/Farming

Discuss Median XL!
Boozybear
Vampiress
35 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm playing a sorc this season and wondering what setups I should do for bossing and what setup for farming.

I know there are guides, but it's not really clear which one is best at what.

Thank you!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Boozybear wrote:I know there are guides, but it's not really clear which one is best at what.

There is a great guide by bardamu and NotCube covering all your questions if you just bother to read it...

Long story short: Ice + anything is a win-win.
Venddettarasha
Fallen
1 | 0
Boozybear wrote:I'm playing a sorc this season and wondering what setups I should do for bossing and what setup for farming.

Thank you!

how to start playing median xl? click download 1.6 downloads medianxl-i386.AppImage how to open it?
Boozybear
Vampiress
35 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jampula wrote:
Boozybear wrote:I know there are guides, but it's not really clear which one is best at what.

There is a great guide by bardamu and NotCube covering all your questions if you just bother to read it...

Long story short: Ice + anything is a win-win.

Couldn't find the "NotCube" guide, but I did bother to read the bardamu guide from top to bottom and it covers play styles and tons of other great information, but it doesn't explain which builds are best for farming or bossing. Appreciate the long story short, and answering the question.

Venddettarasha wrote:
Boozybear wrote:I'm playing a sorc this season and wondering what setups I should do for bossing and what setup for farming.

Thank you!

how to start playing median xl? click download 1.6 downloads medianxl-i386.AppImage how to open it?

Are you asking how to start the mod? You should start your own topic, mate. Won't get much visibility in this one.
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
One of the best boss killers is poison sorc with maxed arachnamancy and 170 pierce+ and poison duration,spell damage gear (can effectively take care of moving, teleporting bosses) or max thunderstone. For farming either cold (max frigid sphere) or fire (flamefront with habacalva's legacy weapon) imho.
yaksa
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
Manasorc is a great farmer
LeChatChouette
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
paolo12 wrote:One of the best boss killers is poison sorc with maxed arachnamancy and 170 pierce+ and poison duration,spell damage gear (can effectively take care of moving, teleporting bosses) or max thunderstone. For farming either cold (max frigid sphere) or fire (flamefront with habacalva's legacy weapon) imho.

Bossing : Played poison sorc this Season and i confirm (170+ Pierce / 2nd tree : fire). Good trophy farmer build. I did all ubers except Void (stuck at Glutony), Laz (didnt try) and sam (same).

For farming : i use cold sorc (with ligh tree for avoid) and i can easily clear fauzt and bremm with a low crafted gear (135 pierce though).
Boozybear
Vampiress
35 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
LeChatChouette wrote:
paolo12 wrote:One of the best boss killers is poison sorc with maxed arachnamancy and 170 pierce+ and poison duration,spell damage gear (can effectively take care of moving, teleporting bosses) or max thunderstone. For farming either cold (max frigid sphere) or fire (flamefront with habacalva's legacy weapon) imho.

Bossing : Played poison sorc this Season and i confirm (170+ Pierce / 2nd tree : fire). Good trophy farmer build. I did all ubers except Void (stuck at Glutony), Laz (didnt try) and sam (same).

For farming : i use cold sorc (with ligh tree for avoid) and i can easily clear fauzt and bremm with a low crafted gear (135 pierce though).

Thank you!

I have the Zann Esu set going and was able to clear up to 115 ubers, but struggling with 120s. I'll farm up some rare sacreds so I can craft up some psn gear and give it a shot!

Appreciate all of the responses.

Edit: I had one more question, what kind of pierce am I looking to hit for farming and for bossing? I'm at like 150 pierce and the cold absorb guys still take significantly longer to kill.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Boozybear wrote:
LeChatChouette wrote:

Thank you!

I have the Zann Esu set going and was able to clear up to 115 ubers, but struggling with 120s. I'll farm up some rare sacreds so I can craft up some psn gear and give it a shot!

Edit: I had one more question, what kind of pierce am I looking to hit for farming and for bossing? I'm at like 150 pierce and the cold absorb guys still take significantly longer to kill.

Iirc absorbs doesnt care about pierce, there is no effect there.
135 pierce for farming / regular mobs.
170 pierce for most bosses (iirc).
199 pierce for all bosses, mostly the later ones.

Going above 135 pierce does nothing for farming, then its better to increase the raw damage through SP/EF etc.

Edit: The absorb mobs is pretty much similar to the old invulnerable to X elementals mobs, but instead of being invulnerable they just take heavily reduced damage, so you can atleast play a single elemental build, unlike classic LOD where it was impossible to kill some creatures with a single elemental build.
thanks95
Prowler
17 | 0
Yeahsper wrote:
Boozybear wrote:
LeChatChouette wrote:

Thank you!

Iirc absorbs doesnt care about pierce, there is no effect there.
135 pierce for farming / regular mobs.
170 pierce for most bosses (iirc).
199 pierce for all bosses, mostly the later ones.

Going above 135 pierce does nothing for farming, then its better to increase the raw damage through SP/EF etc.

Edit: The absorb mobs is pretty much similar to the old invulnerable to X elementals mobs, but instead of being invulnerable they just take heavily reduced damage, so you can atleast play a single elemental build, unlike classic LOD where it was impossible to kill some creatures with a single elemental build.

what is the fire sorc build for 170 pierce?