Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Can you post notarmory links for your Unholy Caster Paladin and Totemancer Necro ?
maybe you weren't equipped/skilled adequately and you can get few tips...
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Sheoldred
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
Don’t you just run in circles around Duriel until the fortress are out? Who would just stand still and die?
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
well yeah you can run in circles to mitigate a large portion of the fortress damage but i dont think everyone will figure it out.

at the end of all of this the main issue stems from a lack of information. it's not really their fault because they don't know what they're getting themselves into when they select hardcore. There should be a PSA warning saying "This game on hardcore is absolutely fucking un-fucking-fair. Are you sure you want to make a Hardcore character?". I mean who am I kidding I bet some of the people won't care and select it anyway lmao

I feel like players these days have become accustomed to the direction of most ARPGs that have hardcore readily available and also the notion that if you don't play hardcore you're not a true ARPG gamer or some shit I dunno something along those lines. Some people are aware of Medians One-Shotty bullshit and still choose to play Hardcore but at least they know what they were getting themselves into and won't complain about it afterwards by making a forum topic (kappa).

As for op maybe you can try asking for help if you haven't tried prior to making this topic because you have the attention of a lot of people right now.
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Mr_Bill wrote:What I did say -- and what is demonstrably true -- is that many of these quests are suicidally difficult, for some builds, in Hardcore, to the point where even trying the game in Hardcore is often a frustrating, unenjoyable waste of time.

for you
adiabloplayer
Bone Archer
75 | 3
I am grabbing the popcorn.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Someone make a vid with a level/gear appropraite character of OPs choosing killing NM baal 5x in a row without dying, then archive thread pls.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lets play "I wanna be the guy" and complain about that.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Hey, all you "Oh, Median is just easy to play in Hardcore if you aren't such a n00b", guys?

Want to know what I'm talking about? This guy is a well-known Median player who streams constantly and knows the game very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtplMTdvxN8

(The fun starts at about 15.05 of the video.)

Yeah. Sure. You can play it in Hardcore if you're not a lame n00b, d00dz! Anything you say.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Mr_Bill wrote:Hey, all you "Oh, Median is just easy to play in Hardcore if you aren't such a n00b", guys?

Want to know what I'm talking about? This guy is a well-known Median player who streams constantly and knows the game very well.

Yeah. Sure. You can play it in Hardcore if you're not a lame n00b, d00dz! Anything you say.

Dude, dying to nightmare Baal and doing lvl 125 content untwinked, without dying are light years apart, that's not even in the same universe. Figure out what your argument is, if you expected to be able to do all content on hardcore, then you're shit out of luck cause 95% of the playerbase doesn't manage to do that on softcore. Pick a build and I'll give you a deathless nightmare Baal kill before the next season releases.
Mr_Bill
Designated Troll
87 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Cheno wrote:
Mr_Bill wrote:Hey, all you "Oh, Median is just easy to play in Hardcore if you aren't such a n00b", guys?

Dude, dying to nightmare Baal and doing lvl 125 content untwinked, without dying are light years apart, that's not even in the same universe. Figure out what your argument is, if you expected to be able to do all content on hardcore, then you're shit out of luck cause 95% of the playerbase doesn't manage to do that on softcore. Pick a build and I'll give you a deathless nightmare Baal kill before the next season releases.

For about the 18th time, would you please stop using the "Straw Man" fallacy (e.g. attacking a weak parody of what I said, as opposed to what I actually said).

I did not say that quests like Baal (or Diablo, or almost "anything") are completely impossible in Nightmare. (If for no reason other than I have been able to complete them in Hardcore with some of my characters.)

Rather, these quests are, simply, "absurdly difficult (at least for many types of Median characters) to the point where whether a normal player with normal skills, with a normal network connection (for Realm / TSW play) and normal gear (for the level of the area and quest), succeeds in the quest or gets one-shotted by the boss monster, comes down basically to luck... and the odds are heavily stacked against you; to the point where these (mandatory) quests are not 'exciting" any more; they are so frustrating and unfairly difficult that the game isn't any fun to play in Hardcore mode."

The basic issue here, which nobody (or few of those commenting) wants to address, is that the Median developers have (understandably) poured almost all their efforts into making the Softcore version of the game "challenging" to play, but they have made Hardcore mode an exact copy of Softcore mode (except for the obvious factor of "you only live once"), producing a game that may be (sort of) interesting to play in Softcore (that is... if you think "getting killed 8 times within the space of 5 minutes", is "interesting"), but which is unfairly difficult in Hardcore.

(At this point however I do have to give credit where credit is due, namely, at least since the last few patches, if you get killed in Hardcore, you get to still play that character but in Softcore. This is a vast improvement on the "GG N00B" nonsense of earlier times where (a la D2 LoD) your character was permanently dead. So good move there developers.)

The answer to all of this should be obvious : Hardcore and Softcore Median should be different games with different levels of difficulty, appropriate to realistic estimates of character strength and durability (for players of AVERAGE competence... not the tiny few who play the game obsessively and who know every last trick around), at each quest or challenge level. Either that, or the devs should just call a spade a spade and drop Hardcore mode altogether.

I'd prefer the former, of course, but it may be just too much work that the developers might feel would be better spent on further upgrades to the Softcore version of Median. In that case maybe we should just say a fond "goodbye" to Hardcore mode and be done with it.