Single Player Gearing Question(s)

Discuss Median XL!
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hello! This mod is inherently very difficult, and I've come to terms with that a long time ago. However, I don't recall the Vanilla quests being so difficult.. I just barely scraped by into Destruction difficulty with my "barrage" Amazon (following an old guide). I have a lot of TU(6) gear, a half completed class charm and sunstone.
I chose Vengeance for the buff and minions to tank for me. I do not use ecstatic frenzy, but I've done a few respecs to try out on and off.
I'm trying to acquire Rare Sacred gear to craft (because I can't farm SUs yet). My amazon can't survive well in act 1 destruction.

Question: Where is a safer area to farm in my weak state that I can achieve some Sacred rare items to craft?

I've tried Kurast 3k in Terror, but I'm unable to progress there. Duncraig just kills me so fast when the difficulty is above Hatred.

I have had some success in "The Underground Passage" on Destruction, I've ran it about 50 times so far. I got 3 Sacred Rares and about 1,000,000 in gold. None of which are the rares I'm looking for of course! haha.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
respec to paragon and socket perfect gems in order to gain lots of HP . smax those resistances with the perfect gems you socket , then you will be able to survive more than 2 hits . go back to terror and farm fauztinville for shrines , get abandoned crafted armors and get a better bow . be it a RW made in a sacred bow for higher damage , or a craft .

get a tanky mercenary (act 5 barbarian) , socket 6x perfect ambers in bow for 30% reanimates . Let phalanx auto attack your targets while you run away from being hit .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
I will try this, thank you Chuck!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
You can find nice bases from terror a4 onwards. You probably won't find many rares if you don't have some MF. You can also use the Charsi quest to make them craftable (and other basic recipes to make them charsi compatible!)

Also zon has some nice RWs like
Siegfried
Siegfried
Amazon Helms

'VexNef'
Runeword Level: 68
3% Chance to cast level 5 Vanquish on Kill
50% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
Adds 42-125 Fire Damage
Adds 42-125 Lightning Damage
Adds 42-125 Cold Damage
(3 to 5)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(72 to 100)% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Dexterity
Elemental Resists +(21 to 25)%
and maybe a
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
Runeword Level: 83
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
bow has more damage than the one you use.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
you can also go for a hybrid that uses fire elementals for extra tanking . max the fire elementals and DH , max dragonlore , 15 points into phalanx to remove the timer , about 10 points into wild and free to run fast enough , the rest into ecstatic frenzy for more damage . you got crap defence no matter what you do , so turning it to zero will make no difference . stay behind your army of summons ,reanimates and merc and you will be fine

barrage goes fine even as 1-pointer , but for now you have bigger problems to take care of , like getting decent gear

you may also consider
Ice Breaker

Ice Breaker
Amazon Bows

'IgnElqIgnGulVex'
Runeword Level: 100
30% Chance to cast level 60 Flamestrike on Kill
60% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
+(50 to 430) to Maximum Damage
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
(1 to 25)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Cold Resist +(81 to 100)%
Cannot Be Frozen
for a stronger elemental proc untill you can acces something better

good luck
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Oh wow that's a lot of awesome information. Thank you!

I went full resists in fauntzville on 2nd difficulty. I was slaughtered fairly quickly. I completely forgot about Charsi, I actually skipped those quests, but now they're actually viable!!! I'm going to make those runewords and test them out. Probably all of them... lol.

Once I get the scythe I'm looking for, my Necromancer can move forward. His DPS is so low, it's pathetic... For now I'm sticking with my Amazon to farm. She's agile enough to avoid most spells that don't insta-hit. Anyways, I'm going to get back to the grind and see what I can come up with.

You've all been so very helpful, thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
So I started crafting. Thanks to your advice I was able to start finding some of the Sacred and Sacred Rare Items I needed. Currently on my amazon I'm using Chain Mail (TU6), but I found this cool Light Plate and decided to give it a shot. Do you think this is better than my TU6? I can't afford orbs yet, my plugY glitched and deleted everything lol. If this is a solid piece, RNG must like me! It looks good to me though. Is it viable to craft 100% of my items? I have a TON of shrines and I love mindlessly crafting (i love reading all the cool attributes of items, call me weird).

Here is it: Image
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
it's not bad for now . you can keep it untill you can access something better imo

if your defence is zero while using EF , why not craft leather armors since they require less str to wear ?
Mason_Jar
Thunder Beetle
59 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
okay, I will keep it for now. Thanks Chuck!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
sell some rare items to get the gold for MO's