Infinite stash

Discuss Median XL!
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
I used to play this mod several years ago, and PlugY was available at that point. Now I'm reading that these newer versions aren't compatible with PlugY or D2SE? May I ask why? May I also ask if there is some other infinite stash option that is being used? I tend to be something of a packrat when I play, so when I get a laptop soonish, I want to be able to play this mod.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
timmermac wrote:I used to play this mod several years ago, and PlugY was available at that point. Now I'm reading that these newer versions aren't compatible with PlugY or D2SE? May I ask why? May I also ask if there is some other infinite stash option that is being used? I tend to be something of a packrat when I play, so when I get a laptop soonish, I want to be able to play this mod.

They are not compatible because the Sigma engine changes are incompatible with Plugy, it's collateral damage.
If you're playing single player, then you have the option of Offline Tools, which essentially works like Plugy with a few extra steps. The alternative is to host a TCP/IP game and join your own game with a second character. If you're playing online, you can also join your own game, since the launcher can launch the game twice and it's allowed to log into your account twice, as long as both characters stays in town (no boosting yourself etc).

With all of that said, 95% of the things that you hoard, can probably be thrown out without any/much regret.
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
download offline tools. its basically plugy
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Offline tools is better than PlugY imo, auto-sort, search functions and many more stuff.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yeahsper wrote:Offline tools is better than PlugY imo, auto-sort, search functions and many more stuff.

This. Sorts your stuff automatically, my PlugY is a mess with other mods.
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
Does Offline Tools give you an infinite stash, though?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
timmermac wrote:Does Offline Tools give you an infinite stash, though?

Not sure about the actual number of pages but if you need more than what is available, you might have a problem.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
A serious problem. Who wants to collect every single rare item?
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
I like to keep uniques, sets, jewels, charms, and other items.