1.7 Build help

Discuss Median XL!
Kealdon
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hi everyone, i can´t wait to start playing the new patch. I havent been a dedicated player in Median XL so far. Been playing on and off. Mostly playing diffrent classes and builds up to lvl 110. I am looking to change that in this new Patch. That beeing said i aint a very good player tbh. So i am in need of advice on what to play in upcoming patch.

Goals for v1.7
I want to be able to do the lvl 120 ubers atleast. And not dying every 5 mins.

My strenghts :
Dont mind grinding.
Dont mind slow playstyle (melee etc)

My weakness :
Aint a good player.
Suck at skillswaping.
Might be a bit slow on avoiding things.

So please give me some helpful advice and tips.
There might be more out there with the same problem :mrgreen:

Yours, the noob Kealdon
Lathron
Destroyer
7 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I'm going to let others talk about their own suggestions and experiences as I'm still rediscovering median myself, I just want to share this thread (starter tier list) that's been incredibly useful in helping me choose what to play untwinked before: https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=45921
Fululf
Gravedigger
196 | 11
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kealdon wrote:Hi everyone, i can´t wait to start playing the new patch. I havent been a dedicated player in Median XL so far. Been playing on and off. Mostly playing diffrent classes and builds up to lvl 110. I am looking to change that in this new Patch. That beeing said i aint a very good player tbh. So i am in need of advice on what to play in upcoming patch.

Goals for v1.7
I want to be able to do the lvl 120 ubers atleast. And not dying every 5 mins.

My strenghts :
Dont mind grinding.
Dont mind slow playstyle (melee etc)

My weakness :
Aint a good player.
Suck at skillswaping.

So please give me some helpful advice and tips.
There might be more out there with the same problem :mrgreen:

Yours, the noob Kealdon

It might not be perfect timing for this kind of topic as the full patch notes aren't released just yet, but I'll share some builds that has worked for me in the past. Also, sounds good u are ready to grind out the higher content, the game start to become fun after lvl 120, so u have been missing out (;

My first suggestion is to play melee barb. There's a good guide for it on the forum by aerial, if u follow it u should have no problem clearing 120 and beyond. Specially since u say u have no problem grinding, which is often a big part of any build until u know how it plays out in various situations.

Another char I think could be a good starting char is cold sorc. There's a guide for this one aswell, made by Dru, that I think will serve u well. The build has pretty good aoe and a good boss killing skill, while also having summons that are pretty tanky which should help keeping u alive. A fun char, and u can also play around with other elements if u feel like it (:

Lastly I'd recommend unholy melee paladin. It's a tanky build since it scales from vitality, and the vitality also give u pierce. There's a build on forum for this one aswell by bapcja. If u can get the set it will last you for quite some time, and even without it u should be able to do alot of ubers based on the large life pool of the char.

I'll throw in a bonus build in the form of bow amazon. This is one of my personal favorites, so I'm clearly biased on this one, but it's a really good char for farming, specially once u manage to craft a bow. This is just a matter of time if u just stick to it.
This one is probably not as great for bosses as she isn't a tanky char by default, but rather rely on life leech and good kill speed. That said, once u get the hang of this char (and some gear) u can do alot of ubers with this one too. And the real bonus of her is the farming potential, which is the reason I like this build so much.

Hopefully this give u some ideas for what might suit u the best, and hopefully it can help u choose a char u can go beyond lvl 120 ubers with!

Hf gl in the new season
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Barbarian might be a good option for you.

It can get very far in ubers with very little gear, and because it has a lot of defense, you don't end up dying as much as other squishy classes. Median is a very unforgiving mod where death will happen often, but my personal opinion is that Barb is among the class that dies the least.

I'd check out Aerial's 2h barb guide in the guide section if I were you ♥
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
Kealdon wrote:My weakness :
Aint a good player.
Suck at skillswaping.

I had (still have) same issues. :D
What I started playing was Malestrom Assassin. You roll over first 2 difficulty levels, and all the way up to 110-115. Then it kinda gets tricky a bit since ur damage will be abysmal, so you'll slow down quite a bit and grind to level 120. Run cows and Kurast to level quickly and eat 400 sigs.
From 120 u get to farm Teganze. While this can be painful and slow it can be done w/o respec by aquiring some reanimates/summons. There farm up a Xis and u're set for game for your weapon. Most of Bis items are abandoned crafts, so there's no need for rare SSUs and such. (you'll need to craft quite a bit to get good gear however). A few SSUs can help, but even crafts + ElXis weapon will allow for Dunc/Fauzt runs. Once u can run Dunc, sky's the limit.
You get a character that has 2 skills to use (Mael and Doom), teleport at will from get-go, is incredibly easy and straightforward to gear (socket everything with +5% dex, forget jewels and such), is ranged, quick, and achieves max block without making any sacrifices.
It's not the best farmer, it's not the best boss killer, but it's simply so easy to play with.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
645 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Another way is ofc to play with your wallet - just buy from the market precious items and steamroll, regardless of a build or skill. This way you will never learn anything.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
1) Summoner necro(skeletons + hawks, kinda boring but gets shit done with almost no investment, very good starter; won't do all ubers tho)
2) Screaming eagle/bear stance barb(melee with throwing axe + shield, slow clearer but otherwise really solid with cheap gear; gameplay: debuff stuff with screaming eagle, kill with deathgaze/whirlpool, use thunderslam when overwhelmed)
3) Poison throw barb(I played it in 1.5 and it was ok, got nerfed slightly in 1.6 but should still be fine)
4) Unholy melee pal(same as above, received some nerfs since I last played him, but was very strong then so he's probably still good now)
5) Caster sorc(I played fire/cold and cold/something, both were good, but around ~115 you'll have to farm for gear, especially for -enemy res for your element of choice)