TU upgrade alternative idea

Discuss Median XL!
floproast
Fallen
1 | 0
I had a bit of a thought while farming Nihlathak.

When farming TU's in normal sure it's already pretty quick and convenient, but personally I feel just a little hint of frustration when I upgrade something for instance from t2 to t3 with the 2 x Arcane Crystals and immediately on the next run, it drops the t3 variant.

The idea I had in order to rectify this would be to add a recipe that costs:

Unique you wish to upgrade (let's say Lavadome)
1-3 arcane shards depending on tier
A duplicate of the unique you wish to upgrade

Maybe the duplicate Lavadome in this instance, depending on its tier relative to the target unique you wish to upgrade, could influence the arcane shard cost for the recipe.

This is of course assuming that the recipe recognizes the higher tier unique as the target.

It's probably dumb and lazy, but personally if I were to use a feature like this, it could make looking out for those same TU's dropping just as exciting, easy to remember and it would feel rather rewarding - gets us through the tutorial easier. ;)

Thank you for taking your time to read this, if you do.
Yeahsper
Cog
224 | 14
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I mean, you can do a nihlatak run in around 30-40s which nets you atleast 3 shards. If you really think sparing 1min of your time is a lot, then I dont know.
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
I don't really think anyone bohters with TUs, apart in really rare cases where u need a perfect roll. Besides, it only takes two ACs to "reroll" the item as it is.

What I'd like is a recipe to reroll a SSU; roll to same item with different variable stats, usable once per item. Just so you get a chance to avoid total crap rolls.