Official Softcore Rotation Tournament thread

Discuss Median XL!
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
Umm... A little help translating, please? Does this mean I won't be the only one participating? If so, woohoo! If not, why not?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
timmermac wrote:Umm... A little help translating, please? Does this mean I won't be the only one participating? If so, woohoo! If not, why not?

1.) hardcore ladder already does this and the game takes a long time to play through leveling and ubers when you're doing your best not to die. no one will want to play all 7 characters this way.
2.) no one wants to level all 7 characters anyways. I would say most players probably make 2 characters in an entire season.
3.) unofficial tournament with no guaranteed prize.
4.) not to be rude, we know you are new here, but there's no credibility to your name right now.

My best suggestion would be to not just post a "please fund this tournament" thread and hope people join in. You should contact the developer/moderator team in advance to properly get approval or funding for an event like this and they would maybe be willing to help out.

also:
5.) its only two weeks into the season. people are just getting their characters to a good spot. tournaments like these would either be directly from season launch and have participants begin straight into it or it would be later in the season when ladder activity dies down and players looking for something to do until next reset.

6.) and not force people to play all 7 characters.
timmermac
Cultist
22 | 0
I see. I'm not offended, but I do have a response. I rather intentionally made this softcore, as I don't like hardcore in any mod or the original game. Also, I've heard that hardcore in Median puts the emphasis on hard.

Do people really not like playing other classes than their preferred favorite or whatever the build of the moment is? This is a bit different than what I am used to in Diablo 2.

It wasn't really intended as a "Please fund this." I can edit out the prize section if need be. Prizes were a suggestion from another user that I might have needed to think about a bit before adding in.

I'm expecting character deaths. Again, I don't like hardcore in general, and I've heard it's a PITA in this mod in particular, so I'm not even going to go there.