Bow Druid playstyle issues (oh boi carpal tunnels)

Discuss Median XL!
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ok, so here's the thing... you are not supposed to be able to do optimal damage with Heartseeker and Cascade. This is not a bug, this is a feature.

Let me explain: All heavily multi-hitting high WDM skills are locked behind some kind of game mechanic to balance them. Here are some examples:
- Cherubim is locked behind having to use a one-handed weapon (hence, lower base dmg)
- Hammer of Zerae is locked behind using scepters (hence, lower base dmg)
- Fussilade and Broadside are locked behind pretty big cooldowns.
- Homing Nova Shot had 100% fire conversion to avoid leech abuse and was locked behind a specific SU.

There are many more examples, but you get the idea. Spamming Heartseeker and Cascade without any limiting mechanic would break the character. You can easily see how this would happen, since one successfull proc of the bear buff, if taken advantage of correctly, can decimate almost any bosses hp in just a few seconds. Reworking the mechanic for Heartseeker and Cascade would mean reworking the entire Hunter tree (again). This would theoretically make sense if the build was useless without being able to spam those skills... which it certainly isn't, and you can check the other bow druid thread to gauge how much success other people have had using this build. I mean, there's literally a video of a guy farming fauzt potionless in 5 minutes with the build. I've leveled one to 125 myself, and it was one of the easiest experiences doing that so far. Doesn't sound weak to me.
daveood
Fallen
1 | 0
Diaco wrote:This is not a bug, this is a feature.

If this is true, then to maximize your dmg output means ridiculous usage of either mouse or remapped keyboard just so game does not even register some commands.

It is shown in the video.

This is broken and needs rework.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
daveood wrote:
Diaco wrote:This is not a bug, this is a feature.

If this is true, then to maximize your dmg output means ridiculous usage of either mouse or remapped keyboard just so game does not even register some commands.

It is shown in the video.

This is broken and needs rework.

I don't think you are getting my point. you are not supposed to be able to maximize your damage output
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I kinda agree with diaco. Having frame perfect alternations between 2 skills at 6fpa is next to impossible.

I checked your video and all I'm seeing are mistimings of skill swap, not a buggy skill. You can't just swap two skills super fast between each other with no timing whatsoever ever and expect a perfect alternance. You need to swap frame perfect for next skill to chain up. It's almost impossible to do because I think it's meant to reward people with talent/good timings with a slight dmg bump.

I'd prefer a charge system to make grinding easier, but it's what devs have chosen to do and we must adapt.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I think the main point of this thread is that it's simply annoying and not fun to play. If you are talking about balance, you can always reduce the damage of the skill. It's that easy. Reduce the damage and remove the god awful mechanic. Or at the very least make steady aim buff last for a few seconds.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
647 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I agree it would make it more fun.
It is in the devs' hands D: