Some explanation, please

Discuss Median XL!
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
So in reading the forums and seeing other people play in streams and when I play multiplayer, I'm noticing some things that need some explanation so they make sense to me. A very big deal is made of kill speed, and I'm noticing people seem to leave all kinds of items on the ground. Why is this? Why don't people take the time to pick up every single item that drops and thoroughly explore the map and kill every single monster? There isn't really a time limit involved in this game, as far as I know.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 60
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Because its not efficient. Why kill those last 10 monsters on your screen when you can move on and clear 50 monsters in the same time? And why bother picking up items that are worth nothing? You reduce your xp/hour gains and you find less good items worth picking up in the same time.
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Perhaps I'm still too new at this mod, but how can you tell if an item is worthless unless you take it to a vendor?
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
DiabloDwarf wrote:Perhaps I'm still too new at this mod, but how can you tell if an item is worthless unless you take it to a vendor?

Selling items to vendors for gold is useless, main source of gold is from killing monsters.

By useful items we mean items that are useful for our character or if playing multiplayer, to sell to other players.
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
DiabloDwarf wrote:So in reading the forums and seeing other people play in streams and when I play multiplayer, I'm noticing some things that need some explanation so they make sense to me. A very big deal is made of kill speed, and I'm noticing people seem to leave all kinds of items on the ground. Why is this? Why don't people take the time to pick up every single item that drops and thoroughly explore the map and kill every single monster? There isn't really a time limit involved in this game, as far as I know.

Haha this post reminds me of how I played Diablo II as a teenager back in 2003, 2004.I was doing it exactly as you describe, thoroughly exploring the map and picking up every item that could be some value. Then i realized just how inefficient that was.

Median XL is different to vanilla CLOD. Uniques are easy to farm, exp is easy to get, gold is dropped by monsters primarily. Most items sell for very low amounts, this has been done to prevent a common exploit from being executed (insert any rune into stacked throwable item = instant max sell value). Also this brought repair costs of items with charges to a reasonable level. In clod it's common to see repair bills far above 100 000. In Median it never happens, maximum repair bill is few thousand.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
DiabloDwarf wrote:Perhaps I'm still too new at this mod, but how can you tell if an item is worthless unless you take it to a vendor?

Bro if ur new to this mod take ur time... Don't try to play like streamers. Most of ppl in this community play Median for 5 or 8 years and know much things they can skip... When ur playing this mod for so long u really want to rush into hi lvl and difficulty bosses to be able to farm well.

There is a lot of knowledge in this mod that is funny to learn... I play Median since Omega version (a longgg time ago) and i'm addicted to this, but i'm in this "rush" fase.. So enjoy this mod most u can and take ur time... soon or later you will be able to run... but learning and going slown in the beggining is really funny!!
Enjoy median!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
kakaraposa wrote:

Bro if ur new to this mod take ur time... Don't try to play like streamers. Most of ppl in this community play Median for 5 or 8 years and know much things they can skip... When ur playing this mod for so long u really want to rush into hi lvl and difficulty bosses to be able to farm well.

There is a lot of knowledge in this mod that is funny to learn... I play Median since Omega version (a longgg time ago) and i'm addicted to this, but i'm in this "rush" fase.. So enjoy this mod most u can and take ur time... soon or later you will be able to run... but learning and going slown in the beggining is really funny!!
Enjoy median!

This is true for almost every ARPG, new players following streams, checking showcases/miniguides and wondering how to get there. Nothing wrong with that but rarely teaches you anything if you aren't even a little experienced with the game.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Basically, once you are equipped with unique items, magic and rare ones become mostly obsolete as there's almost no chance of them ever coming even close to uniques in every aspect. That means looking at magic/rare drops is just a waste of time, with the exception being rare rings/amulets and maybe some ethereal rare weapons.

Selling items to vendors is useless in this game as they usually sell for less than 1k gold, and any monster will drop way more than that even before midgame.
kakaraposa
King of Ice Cream
113 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Jampula wrote:
kakaraposa wrote:

Enjoy median!

This is true for almost every ARPG, new players following streams, checking showcases/miniguides and wondering how to get there. Nothing wrong with that but rarely teaches you anything if you aren't even a little experienced with the game.

Haha, Thats true... i usually see ppl googleing "how farm fast" or "how get rich in 1 day" for every new game XD
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
1- Get gold.
2- Get moar gold.
3- Be rich.