Character Erasing Version

Discuss Median XL!
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
In Median history, what patches change its mechanics completely and lead to character erase?
paolo12
Cog
207 | 18
2017, Σ, Σ 2.0. Maybe something earlier, but I can't remember.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Thanks!
Taem
Necrobot
2476 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
It's fairly uncommon. I've seen you posting recently about losing your toons and whatnot in other threads. Yeah, it's no fun when you are so attached to your character, but the outcome is ultimately worth the little bit of heartache and like I said, complete character wipes are very uncommon, so don't expect this to be a regular thing. If you play SP, you don't have to upgrade to 2.0 right away if you don't want to. That is a possibility.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Taem wrote:It's fairly uncommon. I've seen you posting recently about losing your toons and whatnot in other threads. Yeah, it's no fun when you are so attached to your character, but the outcome is ultimately worth the little bit of heartache and like I said, complete character wipes are very uncommon, so don't expect this to be a regular thing. If you play SP, you don't have to upgrade to 2.0 right away if you don't want to. That is a possibility.

Yeah, losing everything is horrible. I think it's better to make ladder characters!
Conquest
Azure Drake
169 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Chance wrote:
Taem wrote:It's fairly uncommon. I've seen you posting recently about losing your toons and whatnot in other threads. Yeah, it's no fun when you are so attached to your character, but the outcome is ultimately worth the little bit of heartache and like I said, complete character wipes are very uncommon, so don't expect this to be a regular thing. If you play SP, you don't have to upgrade to 2.0 right away if you don't want to. That is a possibility.

Yeah, losing everything is horrible. I think it's better to make ladder characters!

but then, this caters to rather narrow group of players that like to hoard stuff and complete their collections. A number of players play CLOD with plugy with aims to collect every single unique item in the game for example. While this is all fine and good, it's mostly staring at your stash and polishing yourself on your epeen.

Most players simply play on ladder, starting in a fresh economy, in a freshened meta. I play POE atm and most people play league, not standard. Although recently the amount of atlas grind has become rather daunting to re-do every 4 months.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Conquest wrote:
but then, this caters to rather narrow group of players that like to hoard stuff and complete their collections. A number of players play CLOD with plugy with aims to collect every single unique item in the game for example. While this is all fine and good, it's mostly staring at your stash and polishing yourself on your epeen.

Most players simply play on ladder, starting in a fresh economy, in a freshened meta. I play POE atm and most people play league, not standard. Although recently the amount of atlas grind has become rather daunting to re-do every 4 months.

Actually, when I started making non-ladder, I cared about samael :flip:
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Pretty sure ive read that the next patch coming to Median will also come with a wipe of all past characters and equipment if I'm not mistaken. Ive also found out the hard way that characters you have not logged into for a certain amount of time (1 Year i think?) also get wiped. I know i had 2 of my mules full of all kinds of stuff wiped in this way when i first started playing then took a break.
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Demonlord wrote:Pretty sure ive read that the next patch coming to Median will also come with a wipe of all past characters and equipment if I'm not mistaken. Ive also found out the hard way that characters you have not logged into for a certain amount of time (1 Year i think?) also get wiped. I know i had 2 of my mules full of all kinds of stuff wiped in this way when i first started playing then took a break.

It was 6 month without any activity
Demonlord
Cog
201 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
blatkill wrote:
Demonlord wrote:Pretty sure ive read that the next patch coming to Median will also come with a wipe of all past characters and equipment if I'm not mistaken. Ive also found out the hard way that characters you have not logged into for a certain amount of time (1 Year i think?) also get wiped. I know i had 2 of my mules full of all kinds of stuff wiped in this way when i first started playing then took a break.

It was 6 month without any activity

Sounds about right i wasn't sure if it was 6 months or 1 year i just know it is indeed a thing.