Introduction to TG; How to make TG in early league?

Discuss Median XL!
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Elendilli wrote:Wolf Druid: Universally one of the best farmers in the game for almost every farming zone from Duncraig to Fauztinville to Teganze and even Bremmtown. You name it. Cannot comment on gear because I haven't played it myself.

(Prefacing as 2.0 *will* change this a bit and will update later)
I almost always end up on wolf dudu for farming, needs some decent runewords you could SSF on an easier starter though; the two big ones are one of either
Shark (Xis)
or
Saber of the Stormsail
Saber of the Stormsail
Saber (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (107 - 148) to (139 - 180)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 443
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
5% Chance to cast level 5 Squall Wave on Melee Attack
5% Chance to cast level 5 Charged Strike on Melee Attack
20% Attack Speed
Adds (30 to 50)-(60 to 80) Damage
Adds 100-200 Lightning Damage
Adds 100-200 Cold Damage
-(5 to 15)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(90 to 140)% Enhanced Damage
-(5 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Half Freeze Duration
''Cross the Wide, Somber Seas I Will Sail
Three's a Company''
Socketed (3)
and
Rebel (Xis)
. Saber has a hidden cube recipe that unlocks it's power though; do not use it without completing that recipe.

Basically coldhunger, on rw shield, rebel xis, weapon of choice. Bam, ready to farm and it's pretty cheap.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1445 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
A good way of getting tg early ladder is (or should i say was?) selling charms from harder bosses, like kingdom of shadows, astrogha, spirit of giyua, laz, etc.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
OrphineM wrote:
Elendilli wrote:Wolf Druid: Universally one of the best farmers in the game for almost every farming zone from Duncraig to Fauztinville to Teganze and even Bremmtown. You name it. Cannot comment on gear because I haven't played it myself.

(Prefacing as 2.0 *will* change this a bit and will update later)
I almost always end up on wolf dudu for farming, needs some decent runewords you could SSF on an easier starter though; the two big ones are one of either
Shark (Xis)
or
Saber of the Stormsail
Saber of the Stormsail
Saber (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (107 - 148) to (139 - 180)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 443
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
5% Chance to cast level 5 Squall Wave on Melee Attack
5% Chance to cast level 5 Charged Strike on Melee Attack
20% Attack Speed
Adds (30 to 50)-(60 to 80) Damage
Adds 100-200 Lightning Damage
Adds 100-200 Cold Damage
-(5 to 15)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(90 to 140)% Enhanced Damage
-(5 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Half Freeze Duration
''Cross the Wide, Somber Seas I Will Sail
Three's a Company''
Socketed (3)
and
Rebel (Xis)
. Saber has a hidden cube recipe that unlocks it's power though; do not use it without completing that recipe.

Basically coldhunger, on rw shield, rebel xis, weapon of choice. Bam, ready to farm and it's pretty cheap.

Saber has a what?! :-]
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
One thing I never understood about auctions.

If I'm understanding the trade section of the web site - it seems to cost 1TG to set up an auction. So how do people ever get started? It's Catch-22 sort of scenario - can't get TG without selling something, can't sell something without TG.

P.S. I play SP mostly these days. But this is one reason I never got into TSW.
exposito10
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Captcha wrote:One thing I never understood about auctions.

If I'm understanding the trade section of the web site - it seems to cost 1TG to set up an auction. So how do people ever get started? It's Catch-22 sort of scenario - can't get TG without selling something, can't sell something without TG.

You do not have to use the auction function to sell your stuff. You can make a forum post with the stuff you want to sell, and people will comment on it.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions

The auction fee is not always 1TG, that's at the end of the season. The fee depends on how active the auction house is, i.e. the price is high at the beginning of the season (10-15TG) and drops after that.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1075 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Arionic wrote:Saber has a what?! :-]

Cube 3 of it and see.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Elendilli wrote:If you really want to "farm tg" or just farm items in general, you should look for characters that excel at clearing farming-areas such as Duncraig and Fauztinville (Bremmtown is optional but also works) and Teganze at incredible speeds. I'd say builds that clear areas effortlessly and requires less brain usage ideal because you can distract yourself while farming by watching tv shows, anime, moves or whatever (my opinion). Some examples include:

Wolf Druid: Universally one of the best farmers in the game for almost every farming zone from Duncraig to Fauztinville to Teganze and even Bremmtown. You name it. Cannot comment on gear because I haven't played it myself.

Bowzon: Farms fast in all areas especially Fauztinville (once you have very good gear). I'd say it's one of the most popular farmers but the gear required is slightly on the higher end which is usually monopolized by people with a lot of TG.

Neutraldin: One of the fastest Duncraig farmers even on budget gear such as full-crafts. Farms Teganze just as quickly. Can also farm Fauztinville but requires a lot more expensive gear which I don't recommend.

There are more farmers but these three are usually known as the top 3 non-relic/oskill farmers with the right gear and conditions (all charms, quest rewards, breakpoints etc).

Other farmers: Poison barb and UHM paladin and a lot more but I won't comment b/c i haven't played them.

How about Tempest farmers? I'm impressed by those guys playing this
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Chance wrote:
Elendilli wrote:If you really want to "farm tg" or just farm items in general, you should look for characters that excel at clearing farming-areas such as Duncraig and Fauztinville (Bremmtown is optional but also works) and Teganze at incredible speeds. I'd say builds that clear areas effortlessly and requires less brain usage ideal because you can distract yourself while farming by watching tv shows, anime, moves or whatever (my opinion). Some examples include:

Wolf Druid: Universally one of the best farmers in the game for almost every farming zone from Duncraig to Fauztinville to Teganze and even Bremmtown. You name it. Cannot comment on gear because I haven't played it myself.

Bowzon: Farms fast in all areas especially Fauztinville (once you have very good gear). I'd say it's one of the most popular farmers but the gear required is slightly on the higher end which is usually monopolized by people with a lot of TG.

Neutraldin: One of the fastest Duncraig farmers even on budget gear such as full-crafts. Farms Teganze just as quickly. Can also farm Fauztinville but requires a lot more expensive gear which I don't recommend.

There are more farmers but these three are usually known as the top 3 non-relic/oskill farmers with the right gear and conditions (all charms, quest rewards, breakpoints etc).

Other farmers: Poison barb and UHM paladin and a lot more but I won't comment b/c i haven't played them.

How about Tempest farmers? I'm impressed by those guys playing this

yeah. i just forgot to mention it
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Marrt wrote:

The auction fee is not always 1TG, that's at the end of the season. The fee depends on how active the auction house is, i.e. the price is high at the beginning of the season (10-15TG) and drops after that.

So how is someone without any TG supposed to get started trading?

Also I know this isn't directly related to the thread, but will goblins be in 2.0? I got a glorious book of median drop from one in Nightmare, and 1-2 trophy fragments as well. I also got an eagle stance relic from one afaik.