Discuss Median XL!
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So I just got through the patch notes, and want to share what I think I'll be running and encourage you guys to do the same :D

My top 5 starters are looking like this:
- Holy Caster Paladin: Free pierce (free fire pierce and other skills do physical damage), big aoe, GIGA survivability, Falls off when the curse doesn't work, but still looks strong.
- Totem Necro: They nerfed Frostclaw again, but added procfest to the char to help with clear, great mechanics for quests since good damage and summons to distract enemies
- Unholy Caster Pally: Big Aoe, nice damage, glass cannon
- Neutraldin: Nice buff to dps + targets, even for early game, Big Def, Decent damage
- Melee EQ + SOR Barb, using Lion Stance and smaxxing stats: Big Aoe, good single target, new mastery for 20% dr from all sources :D

Runner Ups:
- Cold Sorc: Looks like it'll be unkillable, already deals good damage
- Werewolf Dudu, looks like they made it even better at clearing
- WW barb, looks broken, free def AR and deadly strike per and lifesteal + procfest

Also final BONUS mention to fucking Summon Barb, wasn't able to understand exactly how the new skill they added works, whether it applies damage from already summoned units (including buffs/bonuses etc) or what. But 333% of anything seems pretty nuts.

Lemme know what you guys are thinking :D

Also excited for potentially rolling rare items without shrines for pre-sacred item part of the game using the new oil :D
Edited by CorralTheTroops 2 years.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I play weird shit as always...

Melee Sorc
Stormcall Zon
Spearzon
Cold Sorc
Elementalist Barb
Unholy Caster
Holy Melee

probably in that order. Lots of exciting things I want to try out, not worried about how good the builds are because half of these have been... let's say "off meta" for years. :lol:
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
I start with a necro as always. But later Holy melee pala and melee sorc! Have a good game everybody!!!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
645 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
WW barb caught my eye, yeah on reading patch notes . Cold sorc may be the tankiest "clothless" build due to freezing mechanics.
Edited by Ruubel 2 years.
TTraw
Bone Archer
73 | 7
If Batstrike is actually a usable ability in terms of stacking and releasing charge, I am playing Summon Sin, since it seems to fix everything else wrong about the Batstrike ability.

If not, imma try Psisin with all the changes. Sounds strong.

After that imma test Cold Werewolf because it's the best playstyle ever designed in the entirety of this mod.

Also, there's one build I am theorycrafting. Cognition passive gives permament bloodbath - I wonder if we can use this with Hades Gate synergy? Idk if we can have enough points for this though... How much skill points do we have at let's say average endgame?

Edit; Also Werebear druid with Werebear mercenary and Bear summon, duh. How could I forget that.
Edited by TTraw 2 years.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
TTraw wrote:If Batstrike is actually a usable ability in terms of stacking and releasing charge, I am playing Summon Sin, since it seems to fix everything else wrong about the Batstrike ability.

If not, imma try Psisin with all the changes. Sounds strong.

After that imma test Cold Werewolf because it's the best playstyle ever designed in the entirety of this mod.

Also, there's one build I am theorycrafting. Cognition passive gives permament bloodbath - I wonder if we can use this with Hades Gate synergy? Idk if we can have enough points for this though... How much skill points do we have at let's say average endgame?

I agree, the new scorpion blade looks busted as fuck.
If you can reach level 130, you have over 150 skill points
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nagisin with constant blood bath activated from psy tree.
Temptaz
Gravedigger
197 | 2
Totem necro for sure always loved it
usling
Cog
244 | 21
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I sure hope you all pick the right starter :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:
pfl0nk
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
"I sure hope you all pick the right starter "

any starter will be fine ... waited sooo long and happy now .. so any char will do .. just great 2.0 ;-) , big love / hearts for the dev / orga team!